Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Posted on
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm
jingai offline
Posts: 122
Joined: Apr 03, 2007

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

I may be wrong here, but shouldn't Last_X10Heartbeat be updated every time a sensor is tripped, as well as upon receipt of a heartbeat? I say this because I have two frequently used sensors that are giving me heartbeat warnings, but are working just fine. I think this is because they're delaying the heartbeat until the sensor hasn't tripped for a certain amount of time.

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm
Ericbo offline
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 18, 2012

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

jingai wrote:
I may be wrong here, but shouldn't Last_X10Heartbeat be updated every time a sensor is tripped, as well as upon receipt of a heartbeat? I say this because I have two frequently used sensors that are giving me heartbeat warnings, but are working just fine. I think this is because they're delaying the heartbeat until the sensor hasn't tripped for a certain amount of time.


Interesting, I have similar situations (a missing heartbeat on a sensor that, when checked, works perfectly well)
I increased the missing heartbeat warning to avoid having to check to often (3000 min now, ie a bit more than a day)
It does not seem that triggering the sensor when testing it will update the heartbeat ... (tried many times)
Did search a bit the internet and sofar no clear conclusion

Posted on
Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:54 pm
Ericbo offline
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 18, 2012

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Working on cleaning up my switchboard zones, I am still facing issues with the zone (monitored devices group) having a different status than the individual devices. Example:

Monitored Device Group:
* Outside Sensors
* Number Triggered Devices = 1
* Triggered in Group = Outside Entrance Sensor

Sensor Device:
* Outside Entrance Sensor
* MS14A
* off status

I did remove this sensor from the group and the group status did not change. I also forced a "turn off" on the sensor and it did not change the group status ... I am guessing my multiple updates/upgrades have messed up the group setup but trying to avoid deleting (and loosing the associated triggers/schedules...)

Anybody with a similar experience ?

ps: independantly of having included this sensor in my Switchboard setup, I am also using this sensor for lighting and this works fine ... so I doubt it is sensor, RF, signals ...

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1322
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Ericbo wrote:
Working on cleaning up my switchboard zones, I am still facing issues with the zone (monitored devices group) having a different status than the individual devices. Example:

Monitored Device Group:
* Outside Sensors
* Number Triggered Devices = 1
* Triggered in Group = Outside Entrance Sensor

Sensor Device:
* Outside Entrance Sensor
* MS14A
* off status

I did remove this sensor from the group and the group status did not change. I also forced a "turn off" on the sensor and it did not change the group status ... I am guessing my multiple updates/upgrades have messed up the group setup but trying to avoid deleting (and loosing the associated triggers/schedules...)


Okay, I think I know what is happening here... But I am making *LOTS* of educated assumptions here. Matt and Jay, may want to tell me that I have no idea, and I'm barking up the wrong tree here...

Switchboard may have been confused, since you forced the X10 sensor status to be off.

The X10 wireless devices (eg MS14A, DS10A, etc) are virtual devices in Indigo. The sensor devices don't send data to the X10 devices, they just store the state of the device. So you really can't "turn off" a DS10A.

The way Switchboard tracks the Heartbeat is that it detects a "duplicate" command. So for example:

* Device Sends On
* Device Sends Off
* Device Sends Off <-- Heartbeat
* Device Sends Off <-- Heartbeat
* Device Sends On
* Device Sends On <--- Heartbeat

So it is possible, that you sent the Off Command, which only updated the Indigo UI and database, since there is no way to transmit that command.

The MS14A timed out normally, and sent a X10 Off command, which Switchboard assumed was a heartbeat...

Are you seeing this on any devices that you haven't forced a status change on? And does this happen with any other devices, or just motion sensors?

- Benjamin

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm
bschollnick2 offline
Posts: 1322
Joined: Oct 17, 2004
Location: Rochester, Ny

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

jingai wrote:
I may be wrong here, but shouldn't Last_X10Heartbeat be updated every time a sensor is tripped, as well as upon receipt of a heartbeat? I say this because I have two frequently used sensors that are giving me heartbeat warnings, but are working just fine. I think this is because they're delaying the heartbeat until the sensor hasn't tripped for a certain amount of time.


Well, technically a trigger on the device isn't a heartbeat. But I do see how that could be a problem...

I'll take a look at updating the code, and making that change...

- Benjamin

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm
Ericbo offline
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 18, 2012

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

bschollnick2 wrote:
Ericbo wrote:
Working on cleaning up my switchboard zones, I am still facing issues with the zone (monitored devices group) having a different status than the individual devices. Example:

Monitored Device Group:
* Outside Sensors
* Number Triggered Devices = 1
* Triggered in Group = Outside Entrance Sensor

Sensor Device:
* Outside Entrance Sensor
* MS14A
* off status

I did remove this sensor from the group and the group status did not change. I also forced a "turn off" on the sensor and it did not change the group status ... I am guessing my multiple updates/upgrades have messed up the group setup but trying to avoid deleting (and loosing the associated triggers/schedules...)


Okay, I think I know what is happening here... But I am making *LOTS* of educated assumptions here. Matt and Jay, may want to tell me that I have no idea, and I'm barking up the wrong tree here...

Switchboard may have been confused, since you forced the X10 sensor status to be off.

The X10 wireless devices (eg MS14A, DS10A, etc) are virtual devices in Indigo. The sensor devices don't send data to the X10 devices, they just store the state of the device. So you really can't "turn off" a DS10A.

The way Switchboard tracks the Heartbeat is that it detects a "duplicate" command. So for example:

* Device Sends On
* Device Sends Off
* Device Sends Off <-- Heartbeat
* Device Sends Off <-- Heartbeat
* Device Sends On
* Device Sends On <--- Heartbeat

So it is possible, that you sent the Off Command, which only updated the Indigo UI and database, since there is no way to transmit that command.

The MS14A timed out normally, and sent a X10 Off command, which Switchboard assumed was a heartbeat...

Are you seeing this on any devices that you haven't forced a status change on? And does this happen with any other devices, or just motion sensors?

- Benjamin


Thanks Ben for the inputs, I have created new monitored device groups and deleted the old ones and that resolve the issue (I did not check how they got confused). But one question : can one device be included in 2 monitored device groups ? (I did that and while one updates the other does not (the one that was created first) .. Much appreciated ... Eric

Posted on
Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm
DU Lou offline
Posts: 260
Joined: Mar 08, 2012
Location: Florida

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Ericbo wrote:
But one question : can one device be included in 2 monitored device groups ? (I did that and while one updates the other does not (the one that was created first) .. Much appreciated ... Eric


Currently no. I asked the same question a few months ago. There is a workaround that I discovered with Indigo 6 however. You can create a Device Group and add the devices you want to monitor to those groups. Then have Switchboard monitor the Device Groups rather than the actually devices. As long as the Device Groups have a unique name you can add the same 'physical device' to multiple 'virtual' Device groups. Now there still are some devices that cannot be included in device groups i.e. Fanlinc Fans. I asked Jay to add it to the feature list :)

Hope that helps!

~Lou

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:38 pm
Ericbo offline
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 18, 2012

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

DU Lou wrote:
Ericbo wrote:
But one question : can one device be included in 2 monitored device groups ? (I did that and while one updates the other does not (the one that was created first) .. Much appreciated ... Eric


Currently no. I asked the same question a few months ago. There is a workaround that I discovered with Indigo 6 however. You can create a Device Group and add the devices you want to monitor to those groups. Then have Switchboard monitor the Device Groups rather than the actually devices. As long as the Device Groups have a unique name you can add the same 'physical device' to multiple 'virtual' Device groups. Now there still are some devices that cannot be included in device groups i.e. Fanlinc Fans. I asked Jay to add it to the feature list :)

Hope that helps!

~Lou

Thanks Lou !!!

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Ericbo offline
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 18, 2012

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Here it is, my Indigo/Switchboard alarm setup is live and working well !!
I would like to thank Matt, Benjamin and all others who helped for the past weeks ... :)
Few of the features:
* KR10A/SH10A/SC546A/MS10A/MS14A (everything I had from a previous Windows based X10 setup)
* external movement sensors (triggering light/chimes/emails)
* door/window sensors and internal movement sensors (movement only considered when Armed while Away)
* arming/disarming/panic sequences with a mode "Away" and "Home", armed only if all sensors off
* warning with chimes/lights/emails followed by horns/lights/emails
Happy Indigo Owner :) (and now working on convincing friends to adopt it ...)

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 pm
bmiddaugh offline
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 17, 2013

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Hi everyone!
First I'd like to thank you all for the time you have put in to explain large parts of this software and for Ben's time making the Switchboard script.
I've been porting myself over from the old X-10 active home pro software and I am now trying to set up a comparable security system to what I had in there.
Unfortunately my skills are apparently lacking!
I have been able to set up all my X-10 sensors and key fobs (as devices using their ID's) in Indigo using switchboard but have gotten completely lost in how to correlate action groups to monitored groups to triggers.
Essentially what I would like to do is use the key fobs to arm the "system" (devices) so that when the system is in the armed state and one of the sensors is "opened" the following actions occur:
A. A email alert is sent
B. The 2 X-10 sirens are set off and chime until the system is disarmed.
Then I would like to disarm the system either remotely or via disarm on the key fob.

I've been going back and forth between triggers and action groups and am getting a wee bit light headed! LOL
If anyone has set up something similar to this, I would be incredibly grateful for any help, tips, or advice that can be given to me.
Thanks in advance!
Brett

Posted on
Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:57 am
DomoPat offline
User avatar
Posts: 182
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Hello, I have a few security sensors I would like to use in a group, so your plugin seems like a solution.
I first tried to place the existing devices in a "monitored device group", but there was no effect when a sensor change state occurred.

I realized that I have to re-create devices for the security sensors as "X10 Monitored Device", and this is where I see the following error message in the log:

Switchboard Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 611, in deviceUpdated
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: ('36224',)


It happens every time I enter the "X10 security code " for my sensors. (in this case the code 36224) I tried with different codes and always get the same error.

What am I doing wrong ?

Patrick

Posted on
Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:54 am
DomoPat offline
User avatar
Posts: 182
Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Location: Toulouse, France

Re: Switchboard (Formerly Indigo Security Script)

Hello,
I cannot get the plug in to work, it never sees any change in the monitored security sensors i have. Could it be because I am using an RFXcom decoder instead of the W800, and that the plugin is not compatible with the RFX ?

Thank you,

Patrick

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron