John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude
http://johnpatrick.com

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

It is a .zip file (of a .indigoPlugin file which is really a folder package). Some browsers save the .zip file to your downloads folder, then you have to double-click on it to expand it. Safari by default I believe will decompress it automatically after download. I don't know what happened on your Mac / setup, but on Chrome and Safari here it works fine.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:38 pm
gt3mike offline

Is anyone running this plugin with Indigo 7.2 yet? Given how much trial and error was required to get it working with my panel, I'm nervous about upgrading Indigo.
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:26 pm
wikner offline

It works for me, but NOTE that I am using the ethernet interface, not the usb interface to the ad2usb. The warnings that have been posted about High Sierra have to do with the USB interface. As far as I know, those things have not changed in Indigo, but are actually part of the Apple operating system. I will not be upgrading my Indigo server machine to Mojave any time soon.

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:32 am
hamw offline

I am using Indigo 7.2 on OS 12.5. Seems to be working fine.

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm
mattyf offline

I just upgraded the plugin and have two issues, one old and one new.

NEW problem: Every 5 or 10 seconds the log says:
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 733
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0ca'

OLD problem.
I've never been able to get Indigo to tell the alarm panel to do anything. It can read its state fine, and knows when the state changes, but plugin actions like ARM-STAY have never worked for me. I'm currently trying to create an Action Group to simply Arm the panel in stay mode.

If I create an action group, and under type choose AD2USB Actions, then ARM-STAY, I get a popup that says "Configure Arm-Stay." In the partition menu, it says select an item, but that menu is empty. It doesn't list any partitions. I have the keypad device set to partition 1. The plugin setting have the alarm as a single partition.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 pm
lanbrown offline

It might help if others knew what macOS version you're running, what version of Indigo and what plugin version as well.

On the first page there is this:
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8008#p49392

Requirements:
• An ad2usb alarm interface connected to an alarm panel supported by the ad2usb.
• The ad2usb must have the most current firmware.
See http://www.nutech.com/index.php?option= ... id=4&id=21
• Indigo 5.0.4 or later

Limitations:
• Identification of the user code used to arm/disarm the panel requires the new v2.2 ad2usb board.
• Some limitations may exist on 20E panels.
• Passwords (user codes) are not stored in the plugin. The user may choose to store codes in Indigo actions if he or she chooses.
• Only partition 1 is supported.
• Only a single virtual keypad device is supported.
• This plugin has not been tested with panels using zone doubling on the main board.

Do you meet the requirements and what about the limitations?

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:45 pm
gt3mike offline

• The ad2usb must have the most current firmware.

This should be changed. The plugin no longer works with the current hardware. You have to go back to a somewhat old firmware version for it to work with the plugin. There's reference to this in the last couple of pages of this thread.

Posted on
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 pm
mattyf offline

Sure. I'm on Indigo 7.2, Latest version of plugin (1.6.0), on 10.13.6.

I have a Vista 20P panel.

In terms of the AD2usb firmware, I'd really have to find out. I haven't touched it since I set it up years ago, and don't even fully remember how I would check that, so that will take me some time. In terms of the other limitations, none of them apply to me.

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:02 pm
mattyf offline

I'm still having trouble with this... let me narrow down the question.

When I create an action to "Arm-Away" the panel, when the Configure Arm Away box opens, I have nothing to choose from in the pop-up menu *see Screenshott attached." Is this correct?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.59.34 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.59.34 AM.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.59.42 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 11.59.42 AM.jpg (24.44 KiB) Viewed 182 times

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:08 pm
gt3mike offline

Might be worth searching the thread. I can’t check how I arm my panel via the plugin right now, but I seem to recall that some of the plugin actions don’t work.

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:17 pm
berkinet offline

mattyf wrote:
I'm still having trouble with this... let me narrow down the question.
When I create an action to "Arm-Away" the panel, when the Configure Arm Away box opens, I have nothing to choose from in the pop-up menu *see Screenshott attached." Is this correct?...

That pull-down should display a list of your partitions. There should be at least one entry: 1

Since you are seeing no portions listed, I would suspect there is an issue with either the plugin config, or the config for your ad2usb Keypad device.. I would look at the ad2usb Keypad device first.

Posted on
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:29 pm
gt3mike offline

gt3mike wrote:
Might be worth searching the thread. I can’t check how I arm my panel via the plugin right now, but I seem to recall that some of the plugin actions don’t work.

This plugin is extremely flexible but also extremely finicky. Not everything works in every scenario.

I have the exact same situation with the "Arm-Away" action. The partition is blank, and I see errors in the log when I view the configuration. BUT - if I save the action anyway (with a blank partition), it works.

If for some reason this doesn't work for you, another thing you can try is doing a "Write to Panel" action and sending it "#2" which is a Quick Arm. You can confirm whether your panel supports this by going to a keypad and typing in #2. If the panel arms, then you can try this as an alternative. In this case also, you will be asked for a partition. I am able to leave it blank and it just works.

(I should clarify that I only have one partition in my alarm system.)

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:44 pm
mattyf offline

Awesome! The Write to Panel function took care of it!

However, I still get the following error in the log every 10 seconds or so:

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 677
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: '18'

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm
gt3mike offline

I know I’ve seen that. Search this thread and you may find the answer. It could also be that stopping and starting the plugin cures it.

I seem to recall that when I saw this error, it didn’t show up immediately. Maybe an unknown zone needed to be faulted to trigger it? Not sure. Definitely search this thread.