ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 am
ELWOOD offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

If you are looking to have perimeter PIR sensors that trigger events and notifications only. You can add any wireless sensor to the plugin but you don't need to have it programed into the alarm panel. I have a few outdoor wireless PIR's that control lights and notify on any one moving around outside. Just add a new device type "alarm zone" enter it's serial number and loop number. Now the alarm panel does not see the sensor but the plugin does. Set up a trigger to fire any time the device state changes.

Elwood

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 am
hamw offline

Thanks for the tip. Do you include the a in front of the wireless number as well as the dash in the middle? For a standard 5800 PIR it would be a loop one?

The plug-in is working in basic mode. I tried adding some relay boards and assigning the zones to the different relays in sequence, then tried adding emulator boards and assigning the zones to the different emulator board spots. The zones don’t register or clear. Not sure I can operate this 20se in advanced mode? So am I out of luck getting the wireless sensors to work if it won’t operate in advanced mode? Or is there something I’m doing wrong?

Posted on
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 am
ELWOOD offline

Hi hamw
I am running a vista 128 panel in advanced mode. I think your vista 20se should work with wireless in basic mode. I have included a screen
shot of the setup for one of my outdoor wireless motion detectors. The only difference for your setup is the zone number. With the 20se
you need to enter only 2 digits for the zone number. Also this wireless zone is not programed into the vista128 panel.

Elwood
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.54.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 10.54.37 AM.png (425.26 KiB) Viewed 383 times

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:05 am
wideglidejrp offline

I am suddenly getting a stream of errors from the plugin. I have been using 1.5.5. I downloaded 1.60 but it will not install. An error message says something is wrong with the plugin.

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude
http://johnpatrick.com

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 am
berkinet offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
...An error message says something is wrong with the plugin.

Could you post the actual error message.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 am
wideglidejrp offline

Sorry, here is the actual error message.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-08-16 10.39.56.png
Screenshot 2018-08-16 10.39.56.png (21.45 KiB) Viewed 334 times

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 am
berkinet offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
Sorry, here is the actual error message.

I have no idea. Did you download the plugin from the Plugin-Store? I just downloaded a copy and it installed without any issues.
Was there anything in the log?

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:46 am
wideglidejrp offline

I downloaded from a page somewhere in Indigo. Could you give me a link to the download you used?

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:47 am
berkinet offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
I downloaded from a page somewhere in Indigo. Could you give me a link to the download you used?

It is in the Plugin Store.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 pm
wideglidejrp offline

Of course. Sorry to not be thinking. I went to Plugin Store. You have a nice prominent spot there at top left. I downloaded the file and launched it. Got exactly same error as before. I am using Indigo 7.1.1. I restarted my Mac and tried again. Same result. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:37 pm
berkinet offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
Of course. Sorry to not be thinking. I went to Plugin Store. You have a nice prominent spot there at top left. I downloaded the file and launched it. Got exactly same error as before. I am using Indigo 7.1.1. I restarted my Mac and tried again. Same result. Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

I’d drop Matt and Jay a note.. My guess is a corrupted plugin settings file. Unfortunately, I a,m not near a computer right now to tell you exactly how to find it.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm
wideglidejrp offline

I dropped them a note as you suggested. They asked if anything appeared in event log. Here is what I got….

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:55:04 PM
Error plugin "ad2usb.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Users/jrpatric/Downloads/ad2usb.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist

They said, Forward that information on to Berkinet. Looks like whatever you downloaded is missing a critical file (Info.plist).

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 am
berkinet offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
I dropped them a note as you suggested. They asked if anything appeared in event log. Here is what I got….

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:55:04 PM
Error plugin "ad2usb.indigoPlugin" is missing file: /Users/jrpatric/Downloads/ad2usb.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist

They said, Forward that information on to Berkinet. Looks like whatever you downloaded is missing a critical file (Info.plist).

Except, the file is included in the download...
    ..:Downloads:ad2usb.indigoPlugin rdp$ ls -lR
    drwxr-xr-x@ 7 rdp staff 238 Aug 17 11:33 Contents

./Contents:
    -rwxr-xrwx@ 1 rdp staff 742 Nov 29 2017 Info.plist
    -rw-r--r--@ 1 rdp staff 8695 Nov 27 2017 Release_notes.txt
    drwxr-xr-x@ 3 rdp staff 102 Nov 29 2017 Resources
    drwxr-xr-x@ 13 rdp staff 442 Aug 17 11:33 Server Plugin
In the finder: navigate to the plugin you downloaded; right (control) click on the plugin; select Show Package Contents; open the Contents folder and see if Info.plist is there. If it is, then there is some issue in the way Indigo is opening and trying to install the plugin. If it is not there, then: open the Resources and Server Plugin folders and tell me what files you see there.

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The file he was dealing with was the zipped plugin, but it was missing the .zip extension. Not sure how he got it into that state.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:51 am
wideglidejrp offline

All is well now with updated plugin installed. Fyi, when I went to Plugin Store and clicked to download latest release the download dialog I received was as show here. Since it needs to be a zip file, why does that not appear? I realize now I should have changed it to .zip but curious why .IndigoPlugin appeared.

John Patrick
Author of Home Attitude