ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 11:54 am
berkinet offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

in a private message wikner wrote:
It appears that every time one of my motion sensors is faulted (these are zones 2, 3, 4, 5, and 41) another corresponding zone of which I was not aware is also faulted. these zones have numbers with 100 added to the base zones, so are 102, 103, 104, 105, and 141. This might have something to do with the fact that several years ago, I had my alarm company install a relay box with 5 relays corresponding to each of the Motion zones. I sensed these relays with an Insteon EZiot module. Perhaps they set up these "phantom" zones to facilitate that. I don't know what your software is doing with those extra zones.
This does not explain all of the problems. During the gathering of the listing above, I faulted the kitchen sliding door. This has no corresponding "phantom" zone, and yet the fault on that zone, 29, does not clear in indigo. Also, for some reason the fault on the basement motion detector, zone 41, DID clear.
Code: Select all
>>> indigo.devices["Alarm Keypad"].states['zoneFaultList']
u'[2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 19, 29]

Zones 8 and 19 are exterior doors which I used earlier this afternoon.
I suspect, as you do, that the phantom zones are the cause of the trouble. Try creating zone devices for the phantom zones in Indigo and see how that works. The failure to clear other zones is likely because the error is dropping out of the state keeping routine.

Posted on
Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 pm
wikner offline

Alas, no. That did not work. :( I created the 1** devices, restarted the plugin. and faulted all the motion zones and some outside doors. All of these zones were clear at the time of the screenshot, yet many (though not all) of them still show faulted.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-06 17.26.49.jpg
Screenshot 2018-05-06 17.26.49.jpg (230.05 KiB) Viewed 769 times

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 3:54 am
berkinet offline

wikner wrote:
Alas, no. That did not work. :( I created the 1** devices, restarted the plugin. and faulted all the motion zones and some outside doors. All of these zones were clear at the time of the screenshot, yet many (though not all) of them still show faulted.
They probably show faulted because your panel programming never clears them. But, are tony still getting errors in the log and are the other zones working properly?

Adding the phantom zones was a work-around for the apparent custom programming in your panel. The plugin was not designed to handle such situations. So, if everything else id working, you ay just have to live with the phantom zones always being faulted -- you could always create a special folder to place them in.

Posted on
Mon May 07, 2018 6:42 am
wikner offline

My log looks like this:
May 7, 2018 at 6:00:47 AM
   AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    Error on line 791
   AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    panelMsgRead: Error: 119

May 7, 2018 at 6:02:38 AM

May 7, 2018 at 6:04:45 AM

May 7, 2018 at 6:13:29 AM
   Schedule                        Clear Near Sunrise

May 7, 2018 at 6:19:13 AM
   Received INSTEON                "Motion Front Door" off (button 2)

May 7, 2018 at 6:22:43 AM
   Received INSTEON                "DR E Ovhd" on
   Received INSTEON                "DR Central 4 Ovhd" on
   Received INSTEON                "DR Central 4 Ovhd" on
   Received INSTEON                "DR Central Ovhd" on

Multiple zones that are not motion detectors fail to clear once faulted. If you like I can record simultaneously the output of "nc alarmdecoder.local 10000" and of the the log with logging set to "Intense Debug". As things stand right now I can't really use this, as any triggers on zone fault/clear would be unreliable.

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 7:13 am
wikner offline

I thought I had worked around this by creating more "Phantom" zones. Unfortunately zones are still failing to clear, and I have a new kind of error message, "panelMsgRead: Error: list.remove(x): x not in list"
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-05-09 07.12.09.jpg
Screenshot 2018-05-09 07.12.09.jpg (371.67 KiB) Viewed 693 times

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm
maslett offline

Hello,

I recently had a replacement Vista 20P panel fitted and it appears the plugin has stopped communicating. See the error messages below. The AD2USB adapter is connected and nothing has changed on the Indigo host Mac.

Any ideas on what the error maybe? I have tried rebooting the Mac Mini, restarting the plug in with out success.

Thanks in advance, Mark

May 9, 2018 at 7:58:48 PM
Enabling plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0"
Starting plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0" (pid 804)
AD2USB Alarm Interface Log level preferences are set to "Normal".
Started plugin "AD2USB Alarm Interface 1.6.0"
AD2USB Alarm Interface Plugin setup completed. Ready to open link to the ad2usb in Basic mode.
AD2USB Alarm Interface ad2usb opened for communication at socket://127.0.0.1:15103

May 9, 2018 at 7:59:06 PM
Action Group Alarm Disarm
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 677
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: '19'
Action Group Alarm Ready
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error Error on line 791
AD2USB Alarm Interface Error panelMsgRead: Error: local variable 'panelDevice' referenced before assignment

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 am
berkinet offline

maslett wrote:
...I recently had a replacement Vista 20P panel fitted and it appears the plugin has stopped communicating. See the error messages below. The AD2USB adapter is connected and nothing has changed on the Indigo host Mac.

Any ideas on what the error maybe? I have tried rebooting the Mac Mini, restarting the plug in with out success....

I'd first try connecting directly to the ad2usb from the command line: telnet 127.0.0.1 15103 *(or use nc if telnet is not available on your system) and see if you are getting any messages at all. If there is a problem, it is most likely the wiring between the adusb and the panel that is the cause of the problem. tx and rx may be reversed.

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am
berkinet offline

wikner wrote:
I thought I had worked around this by creating more "Phantom" zones. Unfortunately zones are still failing to clear, and I have a new kind of error message, "panelMsgRead: Error: list.remove(x): x not in list"
I will need to make some changes in the plugin to help track down the problem. Unfortunately I am not at the location where I have the Ademco system installed, so the work may take a few days.

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 8:46 am
wikner offline

I will need to make some changes in the plugin to help track down the problem. Unfortunately I am not at the location where I have the Ademco system installed, so the work may take a few days.

Thank you very much for taking the time to work on this. I have been reading about the format of these messages https://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index.php/Protocol. I see that the numeric code is supposed to be the zone involved. It is a 3-digit decimal number Looking at the messages that come in when I fault zones, I note that the first digit is (seemingly randomly) a 0 or a 1, and the next 2 digits are the actual zone involved. This raises the question: Are there any alarm panels with more than 99 zones? If not, the easiest solution to this might be to ignore the first digit in this 3-digit number when parsing the message.

Another thought. I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe it is possible for the ad2usb Keypad device to be in the "Ready" state if there are any zones faulted. So another kludge would be to set the list of faulted zones to [] (empty list), and to set the state of all Alarm Zones to "Clear" whenever the state of the Keypad becomes "Ready".

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 am
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
wikner wrote:
The basic problem here seems to be your panel not sending the stream of messages the plugin requires to track zone states. I do not know the exact problem. But, if you would try the plugin version at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PyLH9 ... mmCpKmJNSC it might give more in formation.

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm
maslett offline

Thanks, I tried the NC and the ad2usb device was communicating ok with the MAC. I then switched the TX and RX wires on the USB device, as you suggested, and the error messages stopped. I still can't communicate with the alarm panel which I am guessing is because the installer didn't enable the keypad. They also must have switched the installer code as I cant get the panel into programming mode.. I guess I'll have to wait for them to return. Thanks for the assistance. Mark

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 pm
wikner offline

They also must have switched the installer code as I cant get the panel into programming mode.. I guess I'll have to wait for them to return

They may not have switched the installer code. Instead they may have exited programming mode with *98 which disables going back into programming mode. Try this:
1) Unplug the backup battery
2) Unplug the power transformer supplying power to the panel.
3) Wait 1 minute
4) Restore power by plugging in the transformer
5) Within 30 seconds hold down the # and * keys on any keypad simultaneously until...
6) You are placed in programming mode. You can then check the installer code to see whether it has been changed or not.
7) Plug in the backup battery.

Posted on
Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 pm
wikner offline

They also must have switched the installer code as I cant get the panel into programming mode.. I guess I'll have to wait for them to return

P.S. Exit programming mode with *99, not *98

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 am
berkinet offline

maslett wrote:
Thanks, I tried the NC and the ad2usb device was communicating ok with the MAC. I then switched the TX and RX wires on the USB device, as you suggested, and the error messages stopped. I still can't communicate with the alarm panel which I am guessing is because the installer didn't enable the keypad. They also must have switched the installer code as I cant get the panel into programming mode.. I guess I'll have to wait for them to return. Thanks for the assistance. Mark
Your post is a bit confusing. If, while connected with nc, you can see the ad2usb messages and send commands from your keyboard (just like from a real keypad) then everything is working fine. If you can see messages, but can't send, then the problem is probably as you guessed, the keypad address is not enabled, But, you should not swap the Tx/Rx wires unless you were not seeing any messages.

Posted on
Fri May 11, 2018 1:42 pm
wikner offline

I've gotten a few of these:
 AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    updateIndigoBasicMode: updateZoneGroups Error: 'key displayState.ui not found in dict'

and a whole bunch of these:
   AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    Error on line 795
   AD2USB Alarm Interface Error    panelMsgRead: Error: log() takes exactly 5 arguments (4 given)
using 1.6.1