ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:01 pm
gt3mike offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

Professor Falken wrote:
On mine it's just # then the key for your arm state. No need to use one of the function keys.

So use the write to panel action, then define it as, say #2 for arm-away, #3 for arm stay... and so on. Need to check to make sure that's the way your panel works.

It works! For the record, I also get the "UI dynamic list function returned illegal ID string" error when I set up the "Write to Panel" action. But the action works correctly anyway.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm
Professor Falken offline

Is there any way to simulate a simultaneous button pair push?

I am trying to configure a panic button on a CP. I have managed to configure one of the 4 function keys on the panel for panic, and it works. But there is no way to call a panel function key I don't think, right?

You can also accomplish this at the physical keypad by simultaneously pressing # and *, but I tried sending them (in both orders) with a "write to panel" action without any luck.

Ideas?

Edit: I tried just sending the letter of the function key. Don't do that. It just locked up my AD2USB device.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:18 pm
gt3mike offline

A “write to panel” of “F4” works just fine for me.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:27 pm
Professor Falken offline

Oh thanks. I'll have to try that at some time when it won't wake up the neighborhood.

Posted on
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:13 am
gt3mike offline

Panel Events aren't working

Are the events in the screenshot below supposed to work? They aren't working for me. If I set one up as a trigger and arm or disarm the panel, nothing happens. Do they require advanced mode / LRR emulation / relay emulation / or something else I don't have set up?

I was trying to set up a trigger to fire when the alarm is disarmed. After trying in vain for awhile to get these events to work, I figured out that I could do what I wanted based on "Alarm state is not armed" becoming true.

So I think I've solved my immediate problem, but I'm still wondering why these events aren't working.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (67.65 KiB) Viewed 683 times

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 am
gt3mike offline

Re: Panel Events aren't working

gt3mike wrote:
Are the events in the screenshot below supposed to work? They aren't working for me. If I set one up as a trigger and arm or disarm the panel, nothing happens. Do they require advanced mode / LRR emulation / relay emulation / or something else I don't have set up?

I was trying to set up a trigger to fire when the alarm is disarmed. After trying in vain for awhile to get these events to work, I figured out that I could do what I wanted based on "Alarm state is not armed" becoming true.

So I think I've solved my immediate problem, but I'm still wondering why these events aren't working.

?? Anybody ??

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
gt3mike wrote:

?? Anybody ??
I am away from the location where my Ademco alarm is located and cannot verify the operating behavior at the moment. However, if you scan through this thread, and the ad2usb announce thread you will probably find the answer you are looking for.

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
However, if you scan through this thread, and the ad2usb announce thread you will probably find the answer you are looking for.

I did attempt to - but this thread is 50 pages long and the forum software makes it difficult to search.

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:23 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
berkinet wrote:
However, if you scan through this thread, and the ad2usb announce thread you will probably find the answer you are looking for.

I did attempt to - but this thread is 50 pages long and the forum software makes it difficult to search.

Look at the Announcements thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8008

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:36 am
ELWOOD offline

Here is what I have been doing to detect the alarm being turned off

Elwood
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 11.34.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 11.34.16 AM.png (354.33 KiB) Viewed 653 times

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:53 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:

The announcements thread shows the plugin release in which these events were added, and I don't see any known issues regarding them not working. So from the announcements thread I would infer that the events should be working. I'll have to dig through this thread further to see if anyone else has had issues.

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:19 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
berkinet wrote:

The announcements thread shows the plugin release in which these events were added, and I don't see any known issues regarding them not working. So from the announcements thread I would infer that the events should be working. I'll have to dig through this thread further to see if anyone else has had issues.
IIRC, you will need the LRR either installed or emulated b y the AD2USB.

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
berkinet wrote:

I just searched for LRR and found several posts. Try using Advanced search...

search.php?keywords=lrr&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=22&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:29 pm
gt3mike offline

I have a Vista 21ip. I saw mentions that I can't use LRR emulation if I already have cellular or IP connectivity installed. Does the IP capability of the 21ip mean I can't use LRR emulation, or is the built-in IP capability of the 21ip handled differently?

Posted on
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 pm
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
I have a Vista 21ip. I saw mentions that I can't use LRR emulation if I already have cellular or IP connectivity installed. Does the IP capability of the 21ip mean I can't use LRR emulation, or is the built-in IP capability of the 21ip handled differently?
I cannot give panel specific advice. What I can tell you is you can only have one LRR in a system. If one of your interfaces, built-in or add-on, connects to the bus as a LRR, then you cannot have another. If you do not have a real LRR device on your panel, then you can use the the AD2* to emulate one.

You might also take a look at this post. viewtopic.php?p=134002#p134002