ad2usb plugin discussion

Posted on
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm
gt3mike offline

Re: ad2usb plugin discussion

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:
Next issue. The "Read AD2USB Config" function doesn't appear to be working properly. ...

You loaded a very old version of the firmware. You need to go back to a newer version.

Firmware is up to date. Although I loaded an old firmware a week or more ago as part of my testing, all of my testing today has been on the currently-shipping firmware which is 2.2a.8.8.

Code: Select all
Connected to alarmdecoder.local.
Escape character is '^]'.
V
!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.8.8,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG;DD;MF;L2;KE;M2;CB;DS;ER;CR
[10000001000000003A--],008,[f70200ff1008001c08020000000000],"****DISARMED****  Ready to Arm  "
[10000001000000003A--],008,[f70200ff1008001c08020000000000],"****DISARMED****  Ready to Arm  "

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
... Although I loaded an old firmware a week or more ago as part of my testing, all of my testing today has been on the currently-shipping firmware which is 2.2a.8.8....

Try version V2.2a.6. That works for me.

Posted on
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:02 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:
... Although I loaded an old firmware a week or more ago as part of my testing, all of my testing today has been on the currently-shipping firmware which is 2.2a.8.8....

Try version V2.2a.6. That works for me.

I installed 2.2a.6 and now the "Read AD2USB Config" is working for me as well. I'll give it some soak time, but fingers crossed.

This is a very old firmware. It's at least six years old if not older. Not sure whether I'll want/need any of the newer firmware features. I guess time will tell.

Thanks for your help getting this working. I guess the key is to install and configure in this order.

1) Install AD2 hardware, downgrade firmware to 2.2a.6, and verify that AD2--panel communications is working properly (using the Mono or Web app).
2) Install the Indigo plugin and point it to the AD2 device.
3) Ignore initial errors in the Indigo log
4) Add a Keypad device
5) Add at least one alarm zone device.
6) Restart the plugin.

Hopefully this will help someone else with a new setup. Thanks for your help.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 am
gt3mike offline

dynamic list function returned illegal ID string

Hi again,

Everything was going great. All 27 of my zones were added, and triggers were set up to capture arming and disarming events. I'm even monitoring my Nest thermostat and sending myself a reminder email if the Nest switches to away and the alarm isn't armed. Wonderful!

My latest challenge is creating an action to arm the alarm. When I try to create the action (AD2USB -> arm-away), a popup appears with a dropdown for selecting the partition. I only have one partition, so this should be easy. But the dropdown is empty, and I see this error in the log:

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error UI dynamic list function returned illegal ID string (ignoring):

I tried ignoring the error and creating the action, but nothing happens when it is activated. Restarting the plugin didn't help.

I scanned this thread and it seems others have experienced this issue, but I didn't see a resolution.

Do I need to remove the configuration, and remove the plugin, and restart Indigo, and then reinstall the plugin, and first create a keypad, and then create a zone? Again? :)

Mike

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 am
berkinet offline

Re: dynamic list function returned illegal ID string

gt3mike wrote:
.... When I try to create the action (AD2USB -> arm-away), a popup appears with a dropdown for selecting the partition. I only have one partition, so this should be easy. But the dropdown is empty, and I see this error in the log:

AD2USB Alarm Interface Error UI dynamic list function returned illegal ID string (ignoring):
It seems you were somehow able to create the ad2usb panel device without assigning it to a partition. First, check the plugin config to be sure you have the Number of Partitions set to 1 in the Operating parameters section. Then, deleter your ad2usb panel device and recreate it, making sure you select partition 1 when you create the device.

If that does not resolve the problem. Set the debug level higher and retry and post the results here.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:47 am
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:
.... When I try to create the action (AD2USB -> arm-away), a popup appears with a dropdown for selecting the partition. I only have one partition, so this should be easy. But the dropdown is empty, and I see this error in the log:

It seems you were somehow able to create the ad2usb panel device without assigning it to a partition. First, check the plugin config to be sure you have the Number of Partitions set to 1 in the Operating parameters section. Then, deleter your ad2usb panel device and recreate it, making sure you select partition 1 when you create the device.

If that does not resolve the problem. Set the debug level higher and retry and post the results here.

When you say “panel” device, you are referring to the “keypad” device, right?

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 am
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
...When you say “panel” device, you are referring to the “keypad” device, right?

Yes.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:22 pm
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
gt3mike wrote:

Didn't work. I have the plugin configured for one partition, and the keypad definitely points to partition 1. Here is the log from when I try to create the action:

AD2USB Alarm Interface getPartitionList Called
AD2USB Alarm Interface getPartitionList: Returned myArray:[(u'', u'1')]
AD2USB Alarm Interface getPartitionList Completed with valid config

I also tried configuring the plugin for two partitions and then switching the keypad to partition 2 and then partition 1. After doing that I was able to create the action successfully, but executing the action (AD2USB -> arm-away) didn't arm the panel and I didn't see any errors.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm
Professor Falken offline

I haven't gone back and re-tried those arm actions in the plugin since some of the more recent plugin updates, but I was having trouble with them a year ago when I first set mine up. I instead use the option to send keypresses, and just configure the actions (or mostly CP buttons in my case) to send those keypresses for the various arm actions (stay, away, max, etc).

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:05 pm
gt3mike offline

Professor Falken wrote:
I haven't gone back and re-tried those arm actions in the plugin since some of the more recent plugin updates, but I was having trouble with them a year ago when I first set mine up. I instead use the option to send keypresses, and just configure the actions (or mostly CP buttons in my case) to send those keypresses for the various arm actions (stay, away, max, etc).

Hmmm. I guess I can do that if I have to, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I've left F1-F3 configured for police, fire, and medical, and am using F4 for Night-Stay arming.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
Professor Falken wrote:

Hmmm. I guess I can do that if I have to, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I've left F1-F3 configured for police, fire, and medical, and am using F4 for Night-Stay arming.
Actually, I was going to say the same thing as @Professor Falken. Try the Write to Panel action. There are differences in some keypads and panels and the shortcuts the plugin uses may not work in every circumstance. But, with the Write to Panel action you can define the specific keystrokes you want.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 pm
gt3mike offline

berkinet wrote:
Actually, I was going to say the same thing as @Professor Falken. Try the Write to Panel action. There are differences in some keypads and panels and the shortcuts the plugin uses may not work in every circumstance. But, with the Write to Panel action you can define the specific keystrokes you want.

Is there a way to do that which wouldn't require me to embed a user code in my action?

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:13 pm
Professor Falken offline

On mine it's just # then the key for your arm state. No need to use one of the function keys.

So use the write to panel action, then define it as, say #2 for arm-away, #3 for arm stay... and so on. Need to check to make sure that's the way your panel works.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:17 pm
gt3mike offline

Professor Falken wrote:
On mine it's just # then the key for your arm state. No need to use one of the function keys.

So use the write to panel action, then define it as, say #2 for arm-away, #3 for arm stay... and so on. Need to check to make sure that's the way your panel works.

Doesn't work on my panel. :(
I have a Vista 21-IP. I'll have to check and see whether it's an option I can turn on.

Update: Data field 21 - Quick Arm Enable. Mine is set to '0', but if I set it to '1' I should be able to get it to work. Fingers crossed!
Last edited by gt3mike on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 pm
berkinet offline

gt3mike wrote:
berkinet wrote:

Is there a way to do that which wouldn't require me to embed a user code in my action?
No.

Page 49 of 56 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 56