GE Caddx NX-8E

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2019 9:28 pm
kw123 offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E

no.. your choice what to show ... do with it..

Karl

Posted on
Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 pm
lanbrown offline

I also saw my LCD keypad go red and then back to green (normal) and I then saw it red again later. I was able to get into the status menu before it went back to green and it said expander trouble. I also looked at the Indigo log and it was reported the same 164 and 165 errors at that time.. So I pulled the power and disconnected the battery on the system for a complete reboot and the messages stopped. So what 164 and 165 actually means I don't know. I also looked at the Caddx protocol docs and their events stops at 127.

Maybe make 164 and 165 as possible expander or keypad issue; check the logs in the alarm panel for more information.

Expander wise, the logs mentions 200 but that is a keypad. Expansion modules I have an NX-216E (16 additional zones), NX-584E (serial card) and the NX-595E Ethernet module. I also have two keypads and don't know how to tell which is 200 and which is 201.

Posted on
Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm
bpamiri offline

Hi folks,

I had my NX-8v2 upgraded to an NX-8E and am now ready to connect it to my Indigo Mac mini. My Mac is going to be housed in the same location as the panel so I can go straight serial from the panel to the Mac. Can anyone that has done this, send me an Amazon link to the cable that can be used to setup the communication from the NX-8E to the Mac.

-Peter