Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

There’s a plug-in in for the Concord 4 in the plugin store. Requires the serial automation interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:02 pm
siclark offline

jalves wrote:
Have played around a little with this Node-Red thing. Haven't gotten it do do anything special for me and honestly can't think of a use-case in my setup. But I do like to explore new things.

So, I just did a search and see there is a Node-Red device (is that the right word) for Alarm.com. This intrigues me. One of the things I've meant to do over the years is to integrate my Concord 4 alarm system into Indigo. Right now I control it entirely through my alarm company's internet interface (which appears to be alarm.com). If the node-red device would give me an easy way to include it into Indigo then I have a use-case.

Anybody invested Alarm.com interfacing with Node-Red?

If you have Alexa working and don't mind everything being bulbs or don't use it, and all your devices are supported via plugins then no use.
If you want to make the Alexa integration tighter with proper Alexa devices as we have in homekit or want to use other devices that aren't supported in indigo yet then yes there is a use case. It's very quick and easy to get up and running and does integrate into indigo directly or via mqtt.

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

siclark wrote:
If you have Alexa working and don't mind everything being bulbs or don't use it, and all your devices are supported via plugins then no use.
If you want to make the Alexa integration tighter with proper Alexa devices as we have in homekit or want to use other devices that aren't supported in indigo yet then yes there is a use case. It's very quick and easy to get up and running and does integrate into indigo directly or via mqtt.

I'm confused - was he asking about Alexa?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm
jalves offline

jay (support) wrote:
siclark wrote:

I'm confused - was he asking about Alexa?

I wasn't. I just want to get sensor (door, window, smoke) info and system condition (armed, disarmed) into Indigo.

Running Indigo 7.4.1 on a 27" iMac (mid-2017), 40G memory, 1T Fusion Drive, OS X 10.15.3
Jeff

Posted on
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:15 pm
siclark offline

Indigo / Node-Red / Alexa

The question was about use cases.

There are two. Main one for Alexa, the other as I said for where hardware devices aren't supported by indigo plugins today.

Edit: actually third use case. It also offers voice control of indigo from Google assistant for those people with apple/Amazon speakers. Or maybe from those tablets running domopad?

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jalves wrote:
I wasn't. I just want to get sensor (door, window, smoke) info and system condition (armed, disarmed) into Indigo.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am
siclark offline

jalves wrote:

So yes, if the serial integration doesn't work for you, yes node-red can offer a way to get this into indigo for you.