Ring Alarm: Z-Wave devices native Indigo use?

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 am
autolog offline

Ring Alarm: Z-Wave devices native Indigo use?

Has anyone tried to include the Ring Alarm Contact Sensor, Motion Detector, Keypad or Range Extender into Indigo.

They all appear to be Z-Wave Plus, so in theory this should be possible?

Thought I would check before I give it a try. :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 am
Dual offline

Re: Ring Alarm: Z-Wave devices native Indigo use?

I am using numerous contact sensors and 4 keypads. Indigo has a device definition for the contact sensors. Not for the keypads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm
autolog offline

Dual wrote:
I am using numerous contact sensors and 4 keypads. Indigo has a device definition for the contact sensors. Not for the keypads.

Have you tried to sync a keypad and if so, did it sync?

If it sync'd, I wonder whether @howartp's Z-Wave Scene Controller could be used to make it workable? :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Dual offline

The keypads sync’d fine. They are in use via Send Raw Z-Wave Command and Z-Wave Command Received to give me basic functionality. I can receive any button press (15 different buttons). I can activate 8 different built in actions on the keypads (indicators, announcements, sounds). I have not done any additional work to figure out a few things that puzzle me. Such as the built in motion sensor. Or having the keypad transmit a complete PIN (I currently construct the PIN in python from the individual button presses). I basically reverse engineered what I could from the log for button presses. And delved into the Z-Wave spec just enough to figure out the built in actions. Then I quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:35 am
autolog offline

Dual wrote:
The keypads sync’d fine. They are in use via Send Raw Z-Wave Command and Z-Wave Command Received to give me basic functionality. I can receive any button press (15 different buttons). I can activate 8 different built in actions on the keypads (indicators, announcements, sounds). I have not done any additional work to figure out a few things that puzzle me. Such as the built in motion sensor. Or having the keypad transmit a complete PIN (I currently construct the PIN in python from the individual button presses). I basically reverse engineered what I could from the log for button presses. And delved into the Z-Wave spec just enough to figure out the built in actions. Then I quit.

Thanks for the info - I will have to think about getting one. . :)

Posted on
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:39 am
howartp offline

I’ll happily add bits to the plugin if that’s all it needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1