error messages in log

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:14 am
agame offline

error messages in log

I've been using the plugin with great success for a few months now (thanks!).

today my log is full of a repeating error message:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 129, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 351, in set_device_states
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

8 Channel Network Relay Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   8 Channel Network Relay Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

8 Channel Network Relay Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

but the relay does seem to be working!

everything has been totally stable from inception. ButI assume this was triggered after I made some config changes yesterday (remaming outputs, adding one relay and deleting another, correcting the relay number on another). I've noticed that adding a relay to an existing device group seems to be creating a new device group, rather than extending the exisiting one.

any ideas? I haven't tried deleting and recreating all the devices yet, I guess that is next.

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:56 pm
agame offline

Re: error messages in log

In the absence of any suggestions I've now deleted all the devices (didn't help); deleted and reinstalled the plugin and its preference file (didn't help), and tried to create a new device.

So a completely clean install of the plugin, even before devices are created, is generating the error message trail as above.

creating a new device generates the following additional error messages:

Code: Select all

Error (client)                  _sendClosedConfigUi3() caught exception: LowLevelBadParameterError
   8 Channel Network Relay Error   Error in plugin execution UiClosed3:

File "plugin.py", line 119, in closedDeviceFactoryUi

Error (client)                  doPluginDeviceFactory requires at least one root device

need some help!

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:51 am
agame offline

Well problem solved...or at least worked around.
There was an old test device (sprinkler control) lurking that I hadn't deleted, once this was gone the errors also disappeared.

What the root cause was ... not sure.

now to rebuild all my linkages aaagh.

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:20 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Glad you figured it out. I'll try to get some time on this codebase soon. It hasn't seen any love in a long time...

-captain

Posted on
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:19 pm
agame offline

no worries, thanks for responding.
and aside from this glitch the plugin has been tremendously useful, I've got 3 more relays in a drawer!

I have a feeling that the root cause has something to do with the way the plugin unexpectedly started spawning additional relays as 'freestanding' devices (ie/ not appearing on the tabs of the parent device I was editing) making it possible to delete the parent device unwittingly leaving an orphaned child. Could be completely wrong.

Page 1 of 1