two Servers showing up on ios device

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 am
farberm offline

two Servers showing up on ios device

I have two server showing up on my ios indigo add

FarberHouse-Indigo7
FarberHouse-Indigo7 (2)

When I look at the activity monitor for the computer it lists only one occurrence of IndigoServer and one occurrence of Indigo 7.2 along with multiple IndigoPluginHost apps

When I log into FarberHouse Indigo 7 (2) is reads that no devices are available?

Any suggestion on how to stop this from occurring

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: two Servers showing up on ios device

You probably have another Indigo 7.0 server running on a different Mac. Perhaps one from which you moved your server but then didn't uninstall Indigo completely?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 am
farberm offline

not running on any other Mac. I went into the activity program and quit all instances of everything and then restarted the app. It is currently only showing one? Do not know why?

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:02 pm
lanbrown offline

I've seen this happen before under certain circumstances. Do you have wireless and wired connected on it? That can cause this as the machine is seen twice but not viewed as the same host. If you move it from one network to another network or IP in a short amount of time as well.

What essentially happens is that a machine has announced itself and then later on it announced again but with a different IP. So the client has seen the two announcements but it cannot have the same name for both as it doesn't know they are the same. The same thing can happen on the computer itself; it gets reports that another machine has the same name and it adds a number to the end of itself. This can happen if you have wired and wireless connected and they could be on different networks or quickly moving from one network to another.

If you go into the system preferences, you should see the Indigo server name, has it appended a number to the end?

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:03 pm
farberm offline

How do I locate the Indigo server software if it is on another computer

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo Touch saves servers it connects to and shows them even if they may not be running. Delete all the servers (via swiping or edit button) shown in Indigo Touch, then close the settings panel and re-open it. It will automatically show any servers it finds locally (so do this when at home on WiFi). If it just shows one server then it is just finding one.

Posted on
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

farberm wrote:
How do I locate the Indigo server software if it is on another computer

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... g_indigo_7

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1