Next Update for Indigo Touch?

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:59 pm
roussell offline
User avatar
Posts: 1067
Joined: Aug 18, 2008
Location: Alabama

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

I vote we lock this thread as each line of text Matt/Jay types here is one line of code that ISN’T typed into Indigo!!!

BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

Terry


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:20 pm
lanbrown offline
Posts: 882
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

They just need to be locked out of the forums; this way they can't comment on any thread and all they can do is write Indigo code.

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:40 pm
DaveL17 offline
User avatar
Posts: 4599
Joined: Aug 20, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

roussell wrote:
BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

I'm pretty sure that Durosity is a Russian troll so he's probably just busy.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:52 pm
mundmc offline
User avatar
Posts: 415
Joined: Sep 14, 2012

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

lanbrown wrote:
They just need to be locked out of the forums; this way they can't comment on any thread and all they can do is write Indigo code.


Then who will eloquently and non-judgmentally point out I am doing things bass-ackwards!?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:13 pm
lanbrown offline
Posts: 882
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

We'll elect someone.


Not it.

Posted on
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 pm
lanbrown offline
Posts: 882
Joined: Sep 26, 2017

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

DaveL17 wrote:
roussell wrote:
BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

I'm pretty sure that Durosity is a Russian troll so he's probably just busy.


So Microsoft has him blocked.

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:18 am
Professor Falken offline
User avatar
Posts: 271
Joined: Mar 29, 2015

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

I'm probably looking to upgrade my phone when the new models come out next month.

So what happens if Indigo Touch is run on an iPhone X? That is, will it fill up the whole screen except for the notch area? Would the "hide nav bar" modifier still work for a "kiosk mode" type experience with CP's.

I have been using both that and "hide status bar" apong with a custom installed (via configurator) icon to launch directly into a closed CP system, and to maximize screen space for CP's on an iphone 7. But you give up time, battery, etc by hiding the status bar. I'd be OK leaving that stuff up in the "notch" and just using "hide nav bar".


Unrelated, but why do posts in this sub forum never show up in the "active topics" link? I see them when using Tapatalk on my phone, but not when in a browser on the computer?

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 15153
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

Professor Falken wrote:
I'm probably looking to upgrade my phone when the new models come out next month.

So what happens if Indigo Touch is run on an iPhone X? That is, will it fill up the whole screen except for the notch area? Would the "hide nav bar" modifier still work for a "kiosk mode" type experience with CP's.

I have been using both that and "hide status bar" apong with a custom installed (via configurator) icon to launch directly into a closed CP system, and to maximize screen space for CP's on an iphone 7. But you give up time, battery, etc by hiding the status bar. I'd be OK leaving that stuff up in the "notch" and just using "hide nav bar".


You get the same size and behavior as if you were using an iPhone 8/7, the extra space at the top and bottom are just black. In other words, IT doesn't take advantage of the extra real estate yet.

Professor Falken wrote:
Unrelated, but why do posts in this sub forum never show up in the "active topics" link? I see them when using Tapatalk on my phone, but not when in a browser on the computer?


After digging into the config it looks like that setting was turned off (it was for several other random ones as well). Not sure how that happened, but phpbb admin is somewhat of a black art. I've turned it on so it should show up now.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:40 am
Professor Falken offline
User avatar
Posts: 271
Joined: Mar 29, 2015

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

OK, thanks for both answers.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:31 am
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3682
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

DaveL17 wrote:
roussell wrote:
BTW who has Durosity locked up? I simply can NOT believe he hasn’t been contributing to this and/or the other similar thread!

I'm pretty sure that Durosity is a Russian troll so he's probably just busy.


Sorry I’ve been bust hacking and influencing elections!

I’m very much in favour of a indigo configuration client as a separate app.. and I’d love to see a rethink of the way the current user app works as I don’t feel that a lot of the info it gives is relevant to people unfamiliar with the system. Of course HomeKit Bridge has removed the need for a lot of that.. so a client app that basically works the same as the desktop app would be perfect!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:53 am
DaveL17 offline
User avatar
Posts: 4599
Joined: Aug 20, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

durosity wrote:
Sorry I’ve been bust hacking and influencing elections!

Sowing discord and mayhem on the Indigo forums is much more disruptive than some silly election.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:58 am
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3682
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

One brings in money, the other doesn’t. Would you like to start paying me for mayhem?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 am
DaveL17 offline
User avatar
Posts: 4599
Joined: Aug 20, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

The check is in the mail.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:36 am
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3682
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

My minimum fee is £9000, which thanks to current events is probably about the same as one of the coins in your back pocket.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:02 am
DaveL17 offline
User avatar
Posts: 4599
Joined: Aug 20, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Next Update for Indigo Touch?

Or just enough for you to go on holiday to Belgium.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests