August Pro now supported

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 am
vtmikel offline

August Pro now supported

As of version 1.0.13 (posted today), the August Pro is now tested and supported. See the note below, plus information in the plugin description for more details on configurations that are supported, and features for Pro users.

Note about the August Pro: The August Pro is a ZWave compatible lock that works directly with Indigo without the need for this plugin. I have one myself, and have tested this configuration. This is the best configuration in my opinion, as it eliminates the communication to and from the cloud to lock, unlock, and validate status of the lock. For August Pro users, this plugin adds support for events including Lock by Person, Unlock by Person. Also, you will still be able to delegate the Auto-Lock and Auto-Unlock to Indigo rather than depending on the August App (See features for more information).

Here: http://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/103/

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: August Pro now supported

Sounds like a great update! I'd be interested in hearing what people think when comparing this lock to other standard Z-Wave locks like the Kwikset, etc.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:26 am
vtmikel offline

I've not had any other smart lock. I was attracted to the August initially for four reasons:
  • It had HomeKit support
  • has a integrated doorbell option
  • it's a deadbolt solution
  • Style-wise, my wife really wanted to avoid any bulky lock on the exterior of the door. We liked that the August did not modify the exiting hardware outside.

In retrospect, here are my thoughts now:
  • With HomeKit Bridge (A great addition to the Indigo community), you no longer need HomeKit support on each individual device. Any Indigo compatible Z-wave lock can be added to HomeKit.
  • Having a compatible, integrated doorbell was something that I originally thought would be a convenience, but I now do not think is any more convenient than if it were separate.
  • Because August is a deadbolt solution, it's inevitable that it has to have a motor to operate the lock. I've had three August locks - my first Gen2 failed and I had it replaced by August. I do notice that the Gen 3 pro sounds different - The motor sounds more refined and stronger. The bolt has a shorter "motor time" to lock the door, and I don't hear any variation or resistance in the motor when locking.
  • Style wise, we made the right choice for us. We generally like the August, even though it's inside unit is a bit bulky.

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:27 am
blysik offline

August Pro 3rd gen user here. Just installed this plugin, and it's not seeing my home, or lock.

Debug log:

Code: Select all
   August Home Debug               Refreshing status from August Activity Logs for 0 house(s)...  Last Server Refresh: 2018-07-26 10:12:29.305485  (810 seconds ago) Polling interval: 60

0 houses? I've successfully configured the plugin with the pin. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
vtmikel offline

Have you created your lock device in Indigo? Here's how:

New...
Type: August Home
Model: August Smart Lock

You should see a device in the top dialog box. Once that is added correctly, it'll pull your house data.

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 pm
blysik offline

When I try that, "Lock device from August app (required)" is empty. My lock isn't present.

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:25 pm
blysik offline

Debug logs show that it sees the lock. (Replaced details with 'x')

Code: Select all
 August Home Debug               Obtaining a list of locks...
   August Home Debug               Response HTTP Status Code: 200
   August Home Debug               Response HTTP Response Body: {"x":{"LockName":"Front Door","UserType":"superuser","macAddress":"x","HouseID":"x","HouseName":"x"}}

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:36 pm
vtmikel offline

Can you try removing the device, restarting the plugin, and trying again?

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:17 pm
blysik offline

That did it. It's working now, thanks!

Page 1 of 1