3-way switch

Posted on
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:52 am
jalves offline

3-way switch

OK, I've searched the forums and the wiki but just am having no luck finding the right info. Or at least the right info in a way I can understand. Perhaps after having read this somebody can point me in the right direction.

I just installed two insteon dimmer switches to control a hall lamp. One (named Hall Switch) is connected to the load, the other (named Hall Door Switch) is caped off. The Hall Switch works just fine to control the load. Of course the Hall Door Switch doesn't do anything because I'm drawing a blank on how to link the two together. Oh, and bonus points if I can keep the little led's on the side in sync when I operate the other either manually or by Indigo Client/web interface.

Thanks in advance!

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 3-way switch

Hi Jeff,

There are a couple of ways to do this. You could to it manually from the switches using the instructions that came with the modules. If you do that, be sure and re-sync both devices in Indigo so that it can "learn" about the links you added. Or, you can have Indigo add the links. To do that see the Managing Insteon Links section of the docs. You'll want to add 2 links. You can pick either module to add them to (they'll show up in the other module's UI once you are done – links are always added to both devices). Add the other module as both a responder and a controller using the New Link to Responder button then the New Link to Controller button, then have Indigo sync it.

Page 1 of 1