Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:06 pm
Gman34798 offline

Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Ok, so I have now included several nearby devices with the Z-stick plugged into the USB port. This all goes without a hitch.
Now I need to unplug and add devices that are farther away. I seem to be able to do so, as the blinking indicator shows that the device was added.

When I return to plug the Z-stick back in, boot up Indigo, the device I just added is not listed anywhere.
Am I missing a step (syncing somehow) or something?

If I unplug the Z-stick, return to the device, I can successfully exclude it, according to the LED indicator. It appears that the inclusion/exclusion process is working
but I'm confused as to why anything included doesn't show up in Indigo device browser.

Thanks for any assistance!

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:16 pm
lanbrown offline

Re: Z-Stick Inclusion Question

Are you telling Indigo to add a new Z-Wave device? You just don't plug the USB stick back in as Indigo doesn't know its there, you need to tell Indigo to add a new device and then you can select what ID number the device is.

Even if the devices are far away, you should be able to use NWI. You just tell Indigo to add a new Z-Wave device and then go to the device and do whatever it takes to include it. Indigo should then be able to see it.

I use the latter of the two to add devices. I grab the MacBook Pro and go to the device, tell Indigo to add a new Z-Wave device, perform the include on the device and see the device show up in the add new device dialog screen.

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 pm
Gman34798 offline

Thanks Lanbrown,
I was able to get it included after reading your post...I just had to select it to add it to Indigo...

Regarding NWI, I understand what it is, but within Indigo, is it used by default?
I'm coming from a Fibaro HCLite controller, and with their interface, I had to select "Use NWI for Inclusion" in order to enable the NWI mode.

I haven't seen Indigo ask for such an option.

Thanks again,
Greg

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm
howartp offline

If you go to Indigo > Interfaces > Zwave > Start Inclusion, that is using NWI.

There's no additional question about using it; it just does by the nature of doing that sequence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm
lanbrown offline

Just tell Indigo you want to add a new Z-Wave device, then either select encryption or no encryption (most devices don't support encryption and it should only be used on devices that require it) and then go to the new device and do what it needs done on it for it to be included. NWI should already be used.

I have yet to to take the USB stick to a device to include it. If you do multiple devices you need to remember the device order you included them in at. By just taking a laptop to the devices, I add them in and label them one at a time. This way I know for sure what each device was and that they were included properly.

Posted on
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1