Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 am
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Some triggers are in red in trigger list

I have used indigo now for several years, and I don't ever recall seeing this. Some of my triggers are in red now. They still work, so I am not sure what this is indicating.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 18732
Joined: Jan 27, 2003
Location: Texas

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

There is a bug in the current version that can cause the Indigo Client GUI to be out-of-sync with the server. Try quitting the Indigo client and relaunching it. Does that fix the problem?

We have that bug fixed in an upcoming version.

Image

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 am
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

No, didn't work. Same triggers are showing red.


Also, another issue that happens a lot lately, not sure if it is related. My iPhone is on the same network as the Mac mini/indigo server. Strong signal, and often, it just won't connect. Also, My in-wall iPad that is indigo dedicated will also randomly lose connection to the indigo server and then come back after a while.
The CPU load of the Mac mini is low, so that's not it. Just curious if you had any suggestions to troubleshoot. I am using Sierra.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline
User avatar
Posts: 2747
Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

george99 wrote:
My iPhone is on the same network as the Mac mini/indigo server. Strong signal, and often, it just won't connect. Also, My in-wall iPad that is indigo dedicated will also randomly lose connection to the indigo server and then come back after a while.

I get that somewhat frequently myself if I let the Indigo app run for a long time, I can almost always get it to reconnect if I force the app closed or reboot the device.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14884
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I get that somewhat frequently myself if I let the Indigo app run for a long time, I can almost always get it to reconnect if I force the app closed or reboot the device.


The Indigo 7 app? And you say force quit - is it hung up? And reboot which device? Is the client connecting locally or remotely?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14884
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

george99 wrote:
No, didn't work. Same triggers are showing red.


Are the client and server running on the same Mac?

george99 wrote:
Also, another issue that happens a lot lately, not sure if it is related. My iPhone is on the same network as the Mac mini/indigo server. Strong signal, and often, it just won't connect. Also, My in-wall iPad that is indigo dedicated will also randomly lose connection to the indigo server and then come back after a while.
The CPU load of the Mac mini is low, so that's not it. Just curious if you had any suggestions to troubleshoot. I am using Sierra.


What kind of network configuration do you have? Anything special (guest network, dmz, separate WiFi zones, etc.)?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline
User avatar
Posts: 2747
Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

jay (support) wrote:
The Indigo 7 app? And you say force quit - is it hung up? And reboot which device? Is the client connecting locally or remotely?

No the iOS app, I have to kill it or it stops connecting, I was responding to the reply that his iPad and iPhone lost connection frequently. Connecting locally over my wifi. Remotely is about the same generally, but I don't use reflector because I have a VPN for my firewall that is easy for me to use.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:26 am
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

jay (support) wrote:
george99 wrote:
No, didn't work. Same triggers are showing red.


Are the client and server running on the same Mac?

george99 wrote:
Also, another issue that happens a lot lately, not sure if it is related. My iPhone is on the same network as the Mac mini/indigo server. Strong signal, and often, it just won't connect. Also, My in-wall iPad that is indigo dedicated will also randomly lose connection to the indigo server and then come back after a while.
The CPU load of the Mac mini is low, so that's not it. Just curious if you had any suggestions to troubleshoot. I am using Sierra.


What kind of network configuration do you have? Anything special (guest network, dmz, separate WiFi zones, etc.)?



1. Yes same Mac.

2. Nothing special. Mac is using wired ethernet straight to the router. iPhone is on the wifi of the same router. Nothing fancy. I do have a ton of devices on my network. About 100. However, almost everything is wired. Only things that use wifi are 2 iPhones and 5 iPads. So the network isn't congested or anything like that.

I have 2 connections for the indigo server in the IOS app. One is the connection that is found locally when in the same LAN. I rarely use this because it won't work outside my LAN. The other is my DDNS address that has port forwarding to the indigo server. I use this both when in and out of my LAN.

But both connections have the same issue.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 18732
Joined: Jan 27, 2003
Location: Texas

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

So some of the Triggers are consistently showing in red now even after an Indigo Server restart? If so, email us (support AT indigodomo.com) a copy of your database file so we can investigate it further (and tell us the name of a couple of the Triggers that you are seeing in red).

Image

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:36 pm
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Ok, I thought you meant to restart client.
I just restarted server and no more red.
Thanks.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:36 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 18732
Joined: Jan 27, 2003
Location: Texas

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Yeah, originally I thought it was a client UI sync problem but apparently it wasn't. Sounds like some server level problem, but if a server restart clears it up then having your database probably won't help us troubleshoot it that much. If you see it again or notice any steps that make the problem occur please let us know.

Image

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:00 pm
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Thanks Matt.
Any idea about the constant disconnecting indigo touch?
It happens on all my control pages, but it does seem to happen more on one of my pages that displays 24 simultaneous camera views. I know that's a lot of streaming data, but it does happen on other control pages too.
Everything is hard wired (no wifi on the indigo server). I am in my house/LAN. The disconnecting does happen when outside the LAN too. Computer resources seem low enough. Very low CPU and RAM usage.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:48 pm
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Just to add a little more info. When I even try to open control pages from the indigo app in the Mac mini itself, it freezes up and stops responding.
I look in the activity monitor and it shows "indigo 7 (not responding).
Clears up after a minute.
Just seems like something is either wrong with the indigo server or the Mac mini itself.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:37 am
DaveL17 offline
User avatar
Posts: 4312
Joined: Aug 20, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

What happens when you open up the control page directly in a web browser on the Mini (not within the Indigo client)?

Do you have any scripts that run when you call control pages? It could be that one or more of those scripts is taking a very long time to complete.

Have you tried creating a new control page with very simple controls to see if the same behavior happens with that page?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:29 pm
george99 offline
Posts: 206
Joined: May 27, 2015

Re: Some triggers are in red in trigger list

Same issue when opening directly in browser.
No scripts.
Same thing also happens with very basic control pages.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron