Support for Smart Life devices

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:25 pm
madscientist offline

Support for Smart Life devices

I have recently installed an inexpensive WiFi plug-in switch and am wondering if it's possible to control it from within Indigo. The device support IFTTT, so I was thinking I might be able to control it using the Indio IFTTT plug-in, although setting that up is not straightforward. Is this the best approach, or is there an easier way?

Here is the device info: https://www.amazon.ca/Ardwolf-Required-Google-Control-Devices/dp/B074WM8M5V/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1515630122&sr=8-11&keywords=WiFi+Mini+Smart+Plug

Posted on
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:08 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Support for Smart Life devices

If it has an open API (almost certainly doesn't) that responds to URL requests, you could use Indigo to send those commands via the command line and the curl command.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. 10.13.6 on an i5 MBP w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKit Bridge, MatplotLib, Plex, uniFAP, Wunderground, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Airfoil Pro, Grafana.

Page 1 of 1