FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Posted on
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:32 pm
Wizard Sleeve offline
Posts: 29
Joined: Feb 11, 2008
Location: Berkshire, United Kingdom

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Hi trying to get this setup and I can't remove the 2FA off the account it says its not possible to remove it. Either I'm missing it or you really can't. In which case can I start another new account and do something different without the 2FA enabled from the start.

Thanks

Lee

Posted on
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:05 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Wizard Sleeve wrote:
Hi trying to get this setup and I can't remove the 2FA off the account it says its not possible to remove it. Either I'm missing it or you really can't. In which case can I start another new account and do something different without the 2FA enabled from the start.

Thanks

Lee


Not sure the details of Apple account creation

Certainly can create a new account without 2FA which should be really only for this plugin and/or your Indigo Mac.

Can you delete this Apple account and then create a new one with same email?
May be safer to just create new one with new email ...

Glenn



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:19 pm
dnomode offline
Posts: 354
Joined: Apr 12, 2008
Location: North Georgia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Hello Glenn,

I used to use iFindStuff to send messages to iPhones. Please see my post here https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21060&start=30#p166018

Can we do something like this with your plugin?

Edmond

Posted on
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:33 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

dnomode wrote:
Hello Glenn,

I used to use iFindStuff to send messages to iPhones. Please see my post here https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21060&start=30#p166018

Can we do something like this with your plugin?

Edmond


Short answer - No. And no plans to consider adding it as would require considerable overhaul and then probably fail the moment apple changes something.

Having said that it is very possible to send iMsg from within Indigo currently.

Won't unmute phone though- but should look at contacts; contact; Ringtone; Emergency Bypass setting:
This allows texts/calls to ring (even if phone on silent) for that specific contact.
https://www.imore.com/how-receive-messa ... sturb-mode

iMessage sending from Indigo:
Either using Applescript (can be outside Indigo - so won't stop working with applescript in future indigo updates) to send standard message to standard person.
Like here:
viewtopic.php?f=252&t=20526&p=158727&hilit=imessage#p158727

or I believe is a plugin as well
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=15532&start=45

Glenn

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am
DrLove offline
Posts: 192
Joined: Dec 12, 2014
Location: Sweden

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Since tuesday FFM cant login (I can login from browser on same computer).

FindFriendsMini Debug menuRefresh called.
FindFriendsMini Debug actionrefreshdata() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug refreshData() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug Attempting login...
FindFriendsMini Error Login Failed General Error. ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer')){'request': <PreparedRequest [POST]>, 'response': None}
FindFriendsMini Error ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer'))
FindFriendsMini Debug Login to icloud Failed.


FindFriendsMini Plugin name: FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Plugin version: 0.9.6
FindFriendsMini Plugin ID: com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Indigo version: 7.3.1
FindFriendsMini Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
FindFriendsMini Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
FindFriendsMini Major Problem equals: 0

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

DrLove wrote:
Since tuesday FFM cant login (I can login from browser on same computer).

FindFriendsMini Debug menuRefresh called.
FindFriendsMini Debug actionrefreshdata() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug refreshData() method called.
FindFriendsMini Debug Attempting login...
FindFriendsMini Error Login Failed General Error. ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer')){'request': <PreparedRequest [POST]>, 'response': None}
FindFriendsMini Error ('Connection aborted.', error(54, 'Connection reset by peer'))
FindFriendsMini Debug Login to icloud Failed.


FindFriendsMini Plugin name: FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Plugin version: 0.9.6
FindFriendsMini Plugin ID: com.GlennNZ.indigoplugin.FindFriendsMini
FindFriendsMini Indigo version: 7.3.1
FindFriendsMini Python version: 2.7.10 (default, Feb 7 2017, 00:08:15) [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.34)]
FindFriendsMini Python Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7
FindFriendsMini Major Problem equals: 0


See thread here
viewtopic.php?t=22569

Sounds like you have the same presumed ssl issue as has been reported - old Mac OSX?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:23 am
DrLove offline
Posts: 192
Joined: Dec 12, 2014
Location: Sweden

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Old yes :) Sierra 10.12.5. I have not dared to upgrade. Maybe its time...

Best regards, L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

DrLove wrote:
Old yes :) Sierra 10.12.5. I have not dared to upgrade. Maybe its time...

Best regards, L


There is growing issues with ssl (security & web connections) with Sierra and earlier.

If you see other post could try the
Code: Select all
pip install requests[security]

This installs a few ssl python security libraries (more than usual requests which is already installed with indigo 7.0+)
There are reports should fix this issue - but obviously this is untested - but would be useful to know!

Hopefully you only have one version of python installed.

Glenn


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 am
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Update:
See other thread but new version should fix, and reports all good for all versions of OSX; including old....

Glenn


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:03 am
DrLove offline
Posts: 192
Joined: Dec 12, 2014
Location: Sweden

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

The fix didn’t fix it for me but the new version (1.0.1) did!! Good work!

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests