FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

stewkenly wrote:
I have created a separate icloud account and the plugin appears to be able to log in. I say that because I get a notification from Icloud about a new login. I see a couple of errors that appear to be preventing an update.
Log.png


The device "Stew's Phone" says "waiting" and doesn't update.
Device.jpg


Thanks for the help!


At a guess this means that you haven’t set up the account on on iOS device and turned on findmyfriends? But a full debug log (turn on debug set to 3) and PM me will clarify and can add some better info in this scenario.

You need to log on with the new account created on a iOS device to setup findmyfriends service.

Glenn


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:07 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

rapamatic wrote:
i get this error when try to update the plugin. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Code: Select all
n 19, 2018, 6:27:58 AM
   FindFriendsMini                 Checking for updates...
   FindFriendsMini Warning         A new version is available: https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini/releases/tag/0.1.3

Jan 19, 2018, 6:29:59 AM
   FindFriendsMini                 Checking for updates...
   FindFriendsMini Warning         A new version is available: https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini/releases/tag/0.1.3
   FindFriendsMini Error           "There is no item named 'Ghawken-IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini-5f95d4c/iFindFriends.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist' in the archive"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/iFindFriendsMini.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 78, in update
    self._installRelease(update)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/iFindFriendsMini.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 246, in _installRelease
    pInfo = self._readPluginInfoFromArchive(zipfile)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/iFindFriendsMini.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ghpu.py", line 213, in _readPluginInfoFromArchive
    plistData = zipfile.read(plistFile)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 935, in read
    return self.open(name, "r", pwd).read()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 961, in open
    zinfo = self.getinfo(name)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 909, in getinfo
    'There is no item named %r in the archive' % name)
KeyError: "There is no item named 'Ghawken-IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini-5f95d4c/iFindFriends.indigoPlugin/Contents/Info.plist' in the archive"


Sorry that is very likely my fault. Was having issues with plugin store not accepting if was attached zip to the release. That is likely the reason/excuse - will fix soon, please welcome to use plugin store download

Should be fixed now.
Will start moving to pluginstore given rumored updates on this front. (although both use the same github releases so no difference)

Glenn


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Update to Version 0.1.4
A lot of mainly cosmetic changes and update changes to PluginStore.
Full list below.

Updated first post with a bit more detail and now includes the GeoFencing setup/advice.

Changelog:

0.1.4
Delete unused code/particularly node - much smaller now!
Tidy up uiValue/Values for Geofences
Add Menu to check PluginStore
Change Update code to use PluginStore (seems some changes coming to PluginStore - so best to use I suspect)
Change Plugin Config Menus.
Add option to change update checking time/and enable automatic opening of PluginStore
Some more logging advice for not setup correctly issues.
Add icon.png for PluginStore
Updated Readme on Github

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:22 pm
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

I have my new icloud account set up. The Find my Friends app is configured on an old 5s. Hace the Google key. I need, But something isn't right:

Code: Select all
   FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 377, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:01 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

midd wrote:
I have my new icloud account set up. The Find my Friends app is configured on an old 5s. Hace the Google key. I need, But something isn't right:

Code: Select all
   FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 377, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined


Essentially it is unable to login to that apple account. The error handling isn't perfect hence that error.

Is a strange icloud error -Is 2FA setup for example? API not supported? Something that we don't trap for.

Try github current code
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini
Download from mainpage and run that.
Will remove the error - but something is wrong with login.


G

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 pm
stewkenly offline
Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 28, 2015
Location: Austin TX

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Thanks for the help Glenn! The confusion is who follows who. If the servers iCloud account follows the user, it will let you add a device with the username but will not find the friend. I had also followed my servers account from my phone and somehow this was deleted by me during debug.

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:03 pm
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

Getting this error after downloading the plugin in Github.

Code: Select all
  FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 424, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 935, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined


and

Code: Select all
Jan 20, 2018 9:05:47 PM
   FindFriendsMini                 Error within get Data.  ?Network connection or issue:  Error Given:'Plugin' object has no attribute 'indigo'
   FindFriendsMini                 ==================================================================================================================================


I'm able to login the icloud account from Safari or Chrome on the same computer as Indigo.

Is there a different version of pyiCloud or pytz (referenced here: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=14823) that I need to update. I reinstalled those versions when I tried to give iFindstuff another go.

GlennNZ wrote:
midd wrote:
I have my new icloud account set up. The Find my Friends app is configured on an old 5s. Hace the Google key. I need, But something isn't right:

Code: Select all
   FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 377, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined


Essentially it is unable to login to that apple account. The error handling isn't perfect hence that error.

Is a strange icloud error -Is 2FA setup for example? API not supported? Something that we don't trap for.

Try github current code
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini
Download from mainpage and run that.
Will remove the error - but something is wrong with login.


G

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:08 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

midd wrote:
Getting this error after downloading the plugin in Github.

Code: Select all
  FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 424, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 935, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined


and

Code: Select all
Jan 20, 2018 9:05:47 PM
   FindFriendsMini                 Error within get Data.  ?Network connection or issue:  Error Given:'Plugin' object has no attribute 'indigo'
   FindFriendsMini                 ==================================================================================================================================


I'm able to login the icloud account from Safari or Chrome on the same computer as Indigo.

Is there a different version of pyiCloud or pytz (referenced here: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=14823) that I need to update. I reinstalled those versions when I tried to give iFindstuff another go.

GlennNZ wrote:
midd wrote:
I have my new icloud account set up. The Find my Friends app is configured on an old 5s. Hace the Google key. I need, But something isn't right:

Code: Select all
   FindFriendsMini Error           Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 377, in validatePrefsConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 860, in iAuthorise
NameError: global name 'PyiCloudFailedLoginException' is not defined


Essentially it is unable to login to that apple account. The error handling isn't perfect hence that error.

Is a strange icloud error -Is 2FA setup for example? API not supported? Something that we don't trap for.

Try github current code
https://github.com/Ghawken/IndigoPlugin-iFindFriendMini
Download from mainpage and run that.
Will remove the error - but something is wrong with login.


G


Ok
Oops - That error should be long gone , if running latest version - can you pm me a full debug log (level 4) following restart and attempt to login in config page

Being able to login to iCloud is quite different to be able to login to a specific findmyfriends iCloud service. Is it findmyfriends on the iPhone 5? what iOS is it running? etc There are a number if possible reasons

Glenn


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by GlennNZ on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 pm
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

well I'm stumped now. I've enabled debugging. I can select Level 4 debugging but level 4 will not activate. because it can't log in once I hit save.

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:52 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

midd wrote:
well I'm stumped now. I've enabled debugging. I can select Level 4 debugging but level 4 will not activate. because it can't log in once I hit save.


Probably just delete the login details and try again. You can use your main 2FA account if need to - should get out of this screen, but will have a different error later. Reload the plugin to restart. Will have a look at code to enable easier exit when login issues - but this won’t help your login issue I’m afraid.

Missed half your other post above. No other version of pyicloud is needed. It is all in the guts of the plugin. If you have installed another pyicloud version somewhere certainly that might cause problems. Would try to delete these if can. I have checked the link and not sure about ptyz — will check more when I can.

The other bug about no indigo within Plugin — you are running this within indigo? Seems a very strange error to me (even better when we find it). Probably redownload the main current code - did make some changes back and forth when trying to catch the 2FA error (which cant easily)

But any full debug log PM’ed would be a great start. Sure we’ll get to the bottom of it.




G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 am
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

I'll jut PM you from here you on out to save everyone else from having to go through countless posts about this. Pmmed you.

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 am
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

I'm seeing this in my log every few minutes. Any advice?

Code: Select all
 FindFriendsMini                 Exception in refreshDataforDev: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
   FindFriendsMini                 Possibility missing some data from icloud:  Is your account setup with FindFriends enabled on iOS/Mobile device?

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:11 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

midd wrote:
I'm seeing this in my log every few minutes. Any advice?

Code: Select all
 FindFriendsMini                 Exception in refreshDataforDev: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
   FindFriendsMini                 Possibility missing some data from icloud:  Is your account setup with FindFriends enabled on iOS/Mobile device?


So to recap we did get through all the python issues and was working?

Essentially it appears to be not getting any iCloud information for that account. If iCloud server down might get that message occasionally until back up. Might is working fine still.

Make sure on latest version (in plugin store) enabled iCloud debugging (in config) and other if like and PM me the log generated from the “Show Event Log Folder” from indigo log page - for FFM

Tah

Glenn

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:16 pm
midd offline
Posts: 363
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

ok everything appeared to be working though.

Indigo 7, Mojave on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:22 pm
GlennNZ offline
Posts: 600
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: FindFriendsMini a new iCloud FindmyFriends Plugin

midd wrote:
ok everything appeared to be working though.


Thanks
It that case probably getting some data from you hadn’t seen before and code hadn’t trapped for probably. Eg. a list instead of string etc. The log will hopefully let me check for it down the track.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests