Elk M1 Plugin v2+

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 pm
billchurch offline

Elk M1 Plugin v2+

This is now officially in the Indigo Plugin store here: https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/124/

I needed to clean up a few things to conform to the requirements to the new store, as well as handle the transition from an abandoned plugin. As a result, this upgrade is not directly compatible with devices created prior to v2.0.0.

More details at the plugin page. Please let me know what you think. I'd prefer to track requests and problems at the GitHub repository, if possible:

https://github.com/billchurch/indigo-elk-m1-plugin

Issues / Feature Request Tracking:

https://github.com/billchurch/indigo-el ... gin/issues

Looking forward to getting this thing running better and supporting more. One thing I could use help with is people to test this new version on newer firmware. Right now this is my current Elk M1 configuration, anything outside of this would be great to get feedback on:

Code: Select all
System Type: Elk M1 Gold
Hardware Version: 0.13
Boot Version: 3.36
Firmware Version: 5.2.10
Voice List Version: 0.8

Elk M1 XEP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.4
Application Version: 2.0.42

Version 2.0.2 adds recovery features in the event of a communications break between Indigo and the Elk panel.
Last edited by billchurch on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 pm
billchurch offline

Re: Elk M1 Plugin v2+

Ok, just did a round of firmware updates for the M1EXP... Seems like we're working ok with the latest and greatest from Elk for this guy...

[code]
Elk M1 EXP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.2
Application Version: 2.0.34/code]

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 am
Swancoat offline

billchurch wrote:
Ok, just did a round of firmware updates for the M1EXP... Seems like we're working ok with the latest and greatest from Elk for this guy...

[code]
Elk M1 EXP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.2
Application Version: 2.0.34/code]

So does this mean that the plugin can now communicate over the secure port on the M1EXP? (Last I remember, the old one didn't... and if you updated firmware on the M1EXP, you lost the ability to use the NON-secure port... and so I was definitely not updating firmware).

Of course, I should probably check if this is the Elk plugin I was using (there were two floating around at one point, and both effectively had development discontinued).

(and finally, THANK YOU for at least making ONE Elk plugin that is up-to-date!!)

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:17 am
billchurch offline

So does this mean that the plugin can now communicate over the secure port on the M1EXP? (Last I remember, the old one didn't... and if you updated firmware on the M1EXP, you lost the ability to use the NON-secure port... and so I was definitely not updating firmware).

Of course, I should probably check if this is the Elk plugin I was using (there were two floating around at one point, and both effectively had development discontinued).

(and finally, THANK YOU for at least making ONE Elk plugin that is up-to-date!!)

No support for the "secure port". However I have updated to the most recent M1-XEP firmware and it does indeed let you enable the non-secure port. You just need to tell it to do that. Maybe previous versions had a but, I can't say for certain. I've always had non-secure capability.

That being said, I certainly want to get the secure port working. It should just be a matter of layering in TLS, I just need to see how to do that with Python.

Relevant screenshots, from what I can tell 2.0.4 Boot and 2.0.42 Firmware are the most recent version for the M1-XEP

M1-XEP Settings

M1-XEP Firmware

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 am
billchurch offline

v2.0.2 posted

Added
  • ELKRP Connected (RP) and Installer Program Mode Exited (IE) messages
Changed
  • self.runstartup was mentioned throughout the plugin previously, which did not exist, corrected to self.startup.
  • Added start of communications error recovery. Plugin will now attempt to restart itself in the event of timeouts or loss of communication to the M1-EXP.

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am
Bollar offline

Thanks for adopting this plugin!

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 pm
billchurch offline

Happy to help!

Let me know if you have any issues or any features you need. I have secure port on the horizon, will work on that at some point.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am
Bollar offline

Have you seen this error message in Indigo 7.2?

Code: Select all
   ELK M1G Control Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 60, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 114, in elkstartup
TypeError: state value updating of plugin devices is private

ELK M1G Control Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   ELK M1G Control Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 60, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 114, in elkstartup
TypeError: state value updating of plugin devices is private

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:27 am
michaelcreamer offline

I'm seeing the same error that Bollar is getting. I've just removed the previous version and installed the latest version of this plugin. I'm running 7.2.

UPDATE: Figured it out. I needed to check the "Create Alarm Panel device" on the Configuration page and provide the panel's IP address and port number. All of the devices then showed up.

Page 1 of 1