FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

Posted on
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 am
stuartcolman offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

The plugin has been enabled for a little while now, and I have seen some crashes and reports being sent off. Any update on how it's going?

Posted on
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 am
DaveL17 offline

Woke up this morning to a log full of error messages. Unplugging and replugging the MagicHome device seems to have sorted it.

Code: Select all
2018-08-19 00:00:14.494   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:00:19.495   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 33, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 95, in updateStatus
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 648, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 620, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1017, in _send_msg
timeout: timed out

2018-08-19 00:00:19.495   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

2018-08-19 00:00:39.502   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:00:44.506   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 648, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 620, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1017, in _send_msg

2018-08-19 00:00:44.506   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

2018-08-19 00:01:04.515   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?
2018-08-19 00:01:09.519   Flux LED Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

2018-08-19 00:01:09.519   Flux LED Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2018-08-19 00:01:29.538   Flux LED Error   Error updating device: Workshop - Flux LED Strip Lights. Is the IP address correct?

Would you be able to add a trap for to handle the timeout exception more gracefully?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:22 pm
jrcitizen offline

Posted on
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:59 pm
ELWOOD offline

jrcitizen wrote:

Yes, BUT.

Have two RBG that I have been using for a few months. They work but due seem to cause a lot of
SQL logger errors on the log page:

Sep 5, 2018, 5:52:06 PM
SQL Logger creating table device_history_1380234678 for "LED-RBG TOP SHELF"
SQL Logger Error exception trying to insert row into table device_history_1023089061 ("LED-RBG-W") -- unable to modify table
SQL Logger Error ERROR: relation "device_history_1380234678" already exists

SQL Logger Error INSERT INTO device_history_1023089061 ("alertmode", "bluelevel", "bluelevel_ui", "brightnesslevel", "colorblue", "colorgreen", "colormode", "colorred", "colortemp", "colorx", "colory", "effect", "greenlevel", "greenlevel_ui", "hue", "onoffstate", "online", "redlevel", "redlevel_ui", "saturation", "whitelevel", "whitelevel_ui") VALUES (%s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s, %s);

Recently added a new RBG/W controller seemed to work at first but than had my whole system starting to
run slow. See my post https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=21183. Found the HomeKit
Bridge plugin was using over 100% of the CPU. After disabling the FluxLED plugin the HomeKit usage went
back to normal.

Have had the plugin disabled for a few weeks with no more trouble with HomeKit.

Turned the plugin back on and HomeKit CPU usage went back back up to 100%. Disabled FluxLED, HomeKit
back to normal. Removed the new RBG/W controller from devices, restart FluxLED plugin, so far HomeKit
normel.

Added the RBG/W back in and got 3 or 4 pages of SLQ Logger errors, so far HomeKit seems to be running
OK. Will keep checking the CPU usage and if it goes back up will remove the RBG/W controller.

There is no way in the plugin to use actions to turn on the white LED. The only way I can turn it on is by
using the “W” slider on the device window, than the on/off but if a action changes the color you have to use
the “w” slider again to turn the white on.

So yes it kind of works with RBG/W but the plugin definitely needs a lot more work.

Elwood

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:48 am
stuartcolman offline

Is the development of this plugin dead? It had so much promise as well :(