Parrot FlowerPower plugin

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am
AndyVirus offline

Re: Parrot FlowerPower plugin

Hello,

All has been working great, thanks :-) (looong delay replying sorry)

With Flowerpower dead/eol/abandoned.... how hard (theoretically) would it be to make a plugin that communicates directly to the flower power devices? If the cloud service is still working, who knows for how long.

https://github.com/Parrot-Developers/node-flower-power seems to have everything defined but not being a skilled at plugins or coding/scripting I have no idea if this is a dead end or not.

Ideally this would be integrated in pibeacon as it is epic but i am a useless clot and not sure there is any apitie to do so.

In the mean time, to get at the data I have just found a project to read the flowerpower data and throw it at an MQTT broker which works for me. Hoping one of the 2 MQTT plugins will be able to see this data... https://github.com/rousseau-christopher/flowerpower-mqtt

Gor to love obsolescence right. I have 13 of these damn things and seems a shame to waste them.

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:44 am
Different Computers offline

Are they dead, or just switched to the stupidly expensive flower pot models?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am
AndyVirus offline

Dead i think, pots too. Pots sown to about £70 on amazon from over £120.

The app has not been updated in ios for years and no development on the dev site since 2016.

I think the official line is they want to focus on drones.

App on iphone x is unusable and android i read is not working with newer flowerpower firmwares (from 2016).

Looks like anything flowerpower has been removed from parrot site, pretty sure its a dead product line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk