Room-O-Matic Contributed

Posted on
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:54 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Room-O-Matic Contributed

Ok, I've uploaded some (not all yet) of the graphics on the Room-O-Matic stuff. As soon as Matt & Jay approve it then you can grab it (under web). If you don't know what this is you can take a look at the original post at http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=14371.

This is just version 1.0 and doesn't have all the goodies yet, it's just the Room-O-Matic pages (not the cameras or irrigation or thermostat stuff yet). As I get the other things more generic I'll publish them.

This isn't a complete body of work, I'm sure I left a few things out so just let me know if I missed something.

Also, if you need a new "model" just let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Cheers!

Version 1.0
    Room-O-Matic files and user manual released
Last edited by Colorado4Wheeler on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Room-O-Magic Contributed

Since it hasn't been approved yet I updated the file last night to include the thermostat/weather screens (Comfort Master).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Approved. Thanks for the contribution!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks Jay. Also (and I'll add another contribution for this today), the zip file DOES include the plug-in that you can use with the graphics.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:15 pm
duanel offline

I'm loving the ROM collection, but have not been able to get the plugin working. I get a blank dropdown for the model:

I'm using Indigo 6.1.2 running on OS X 10.8.5 w/ Mac OS Server (which is why I've not upgraded).

Is anyone else having similar issues?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 1.37.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 1.37.34 PM.png (98.28 KiB) Viewed 16770 times

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:42 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

That's odd, I'm not sure why it would not be appearing, it works fine on my system. I'll look to see if there is anything amiss in that distro but it should be working for sure.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Room-O-Matic Contributed

I was not able to get it to work either.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:05 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The devices plugin settings ask that you connect to a weather snoop device and a thermostat, I wonder if the lack of having one of these for some reason causes the device to just not show up. I would expect it would just not populate the combo-box but maybe it has a different effect.

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 7.03.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 7.03.38 AM.png (46.65 KiB) Viewed 16701 times

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 7.04.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 7.04.41 AM.png (47.47 KiB) Viewed 16701 times

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 pm
duanel offline

Hmmm. I do have a weather snoop device and thermostat defined... but my setup might be a little weird:

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.42.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.42.41 AM.png (490.24 KiB) Viewed 16678 times

I also noticed that "no device type selected" is in the dropdown when I first try to set up the plugin:

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.51.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.51.00 AM.png (43.17 KiB) Viewed 16678 times

Then disappears once I choose the blank option above it and I'm unable to Edit Device Settings... (but that might be default behavior):

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.51.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 10.51.10 AM.png (41.67 KiB) Viewed 16678 times

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:48 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm at a loss on this, I've tested this on the latest Indigo running on an old Snow Leopard server as well as on a newer Yosemite and my devices show up when I add the plugin.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:11 pm
duanel offline

That's so odd... well, I'll let you know if I come across something in my tinkering. Thanks again for such a great theme/plugin!

Posted on
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:01 am
Londonmark offline

Hi - Amazing work. Any plan to put the portrait and iPhone screens into the library?

Posted on
Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:11 pm
jfeger offline

First things first: This is INCREDIBLY cool work. I have been tinkering around with the control pages and really enjoy the flexibility. I haven't been able to get the Comfort Master to work though. Upon digging, it seems there are a few errors in the Plugin loading. I tried to debug, but am not proficient enough to really figure out what is going on.

Originally I was getting errors related to dev and th not being defined, but I think that is related to how I created the devices with the plugin. Those seemed to go away after some attempts and order changes in how I added Weathersnoop and the Thermostat. I didn't have Weathersnoop, so I downloaded the trial just to get past this issue.

However, I couldn't get past this issue below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 251, in runConcurrentThread
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Acme Future Home.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/epsdtutils.py", line 24, in DateDiff
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/_strptime.py", line 325, in _strptime
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: time data ' 00:00:00' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

Acme Future Home CPanel System Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Acme Future Home CPanel System DateDiff ERROR: Got an error converting strings to datetimes, make sure they are in the format of Y-m-d H:M:S!
Acme Future Home CPanel System Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Im running on OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Indigo 6.1.4

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:59 pm
jfeger offline

Has anyone else experienced the error I posted above? Im not fluent in python or coding in general, so I am hacking away, but haven't made much progress. Im wondering if there was a change in python versions or Indigo that is causing this timestamp to come back 00:00, which clearly doesn't match the expected format.

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:04 pm
IndigoSam offline

jfeger wrote:
Has anyone else experienced the error I posted above? Im not fluent in python or coding in general, so I am hacking away, but haven't made much progress. Im wondering if there was a change in python versions or Indigo that is causing this timestamp to come back 00:00, which clearly doesn't match the expected format.

I too have the above issue.

The offending calling method is:

Code: Select all
   def runConcurrentThread(self):
      try:
         while True:
            dev = indigo.devices[self.dev]
            s = epsdtutils.DateDiff ("hours", indigo.server.getTime(), str(dev.states["lastreset"]) + " 00:00:00")
            if s > 24:
               self.hlreset()
            self.sleep(1)
      except self.StopThread:
         pass   # Optionally catch the StopThread exception and do any needed cleanup.

It is calling the utility method
DateDiff
passing the current server time, the concatenation and conversion to string of
dev.states["lastreset"]
and
" 00:00:00"

You will note the error returned:
time data ' 00:00:00' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'

The server time is returning correctly for me, " 00:00:00" is a literal and mentioned in the error message, so this suggests dev.states["lastreset"] is returning an empty value.

I not sure what dev.states["lastreset"] actually is, but another code snippet (I believe) sets it:

def hlreset (self):
      d = indigo.server.getTime()
      dev = indigo.devices[self.dev]
      w = indigo.devices[self.ws]
      dev.updateStateOnServer("temperature_F_High", "")
      dev.updateStateOnServer("temperature_F_Low", "")
      dev.updateStateOnServer("temperature_C_High", "")
      dev.updateStateOnServer("temperature_C_Low", "")
      dev.updateStateOnServer("lastreset", d.strftime("%Y-%m-%d ") )
      indigo.server.log ("High/low temps reset")
      self.highlow (w, dev)

I can't find another call to hlreset other than runConcurrentThread.

I do not understand runConcurrentThread. Form the documentation:
If a plugin defines runConcurrentThread() and an uncaught python exception is thrown within that method, then the Indigo Plugin Host will automatically (after several seconds) create a new thread and again call runConcurrentThread().
Which is great, but an exception must occur in this method for it to get automatically run again, so what calls it the first time? It clearly is getting called though, so maybe it gets called always at plugin load?

Either way I suspect the first time str(dev.states["lastreset"] is being accessed for a value it hasn't been set at that point, thus it returns nothing and DateDiff fails.

The second bit of code is resetting the High and Low temps and there is a Force reset of High/Low through the plugin UI. I was hopping this would call hlreset manually and thus put a date value into dev.states["lastreset"].

This gives a new error:
  Acme Future Home CPanel System Error Error in plugin execution MenuAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 179, in hlreset
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: required elem or key type was None

I don't know what the above means, but clearly it fails to set dev.states["lastreset"] as the original error repeats every 10 seconds when runConcurrentThread is executed.

I am totally at the limit of my coding ability though!

Sam.