[LOCKED] NEST Beta Forum - Feedback and support requests

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm
Chameleon offline

Re: NEST Beta Forum - Feedback and support requests

You're right it's a limitation of the API however it shouldn't be a problem... I can create some states on the devices that you could reference separately. Let me just check what I think you need....

So what I could do is create some states that we're integer and we can have the best of both worlds.
These states would be:
    target_temperature_high_c_int
    target_temperature_low_c_int
    target_temperature_high_f_int
    target_temperature_low_f_int
    target_temperature_c_int
    target_temperature_f_int
    ambient_temperature_c_int
    ambient_temperature_f_int

I'd just have to ensure that these always reflected the actual state. I'm assuming that you'd like to change say target_temperature_f_int to 63 and that would also reset the setpoint on the device to 21.0F. On the other hand, if the device state was changed to 63.5 you'd like the target_temperature_f_int to change to 64. Is that what you're thinking?

As for the other request. Again I could create a heat_setpoint_val_f and store " " when it wasn't being used and "64" for example when it was. So I'd be storing the information as a string.

So I'd create a set of extra states against the device and you could interrogate those.

Do you think that would work? If so I'll update sometime over the weekend.

BTW the graphics look great :D

Mike

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm
mabrown offline

I'm running 1.1.01, first version I installed. Most things are working, but when I try to trigger the state to home or away I'm getting the error below.

Trigger SMS Nest Away
NEST Home away
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1398, in setAwayStatus
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key structure_key not found in dict'

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Mike

Posted on
Fri May 15, 2015 3:46 pm
Chameleon158 offline

Interesting Mike. Let me look at it in the morning and I'll work out a patch. What sort of set up do you have? E.g. Nest Therostats and Protects?

Mike

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2015 4:56 am
Chameleon offline

mabrown wrote:
I'm running 1.1.01, first version I installed. Most things are working, but when I try to trigger the state to home or away I'm getting the error below.

Trigger SMS Nest Away
NEST Home away
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 1398, in setAwayStatus
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key structure_key not found in dict'

Any thoughts?

thanks,
Mike

Mike

Good spot - would have been a tricky one to find but your error message was spot on and I was able to reproduce the error which is always a good starting point.

Anyway I've updated the Plugin and tested it against a system the same as yours and it's working. I've uploaded a new version 1.1.08 to Dropbox and you can find this new file by following the link you'll find in the Latest Nest Home Software (http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=14079)

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2015 10:19 am
mabrown offline

Awesome Mike, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat May 16, 2015 2:06 pm
Chameleon offline

Hi all

There's another new version of NEST Home available and it's got some cool new features and states for you to play with. These updates were based on the votes that I got for next features in the latest poll :D

I've still got to make sure that the setpoint update automatically but if you switch off the HVAC or click the arrows you'll find that it resets itself. I'll close that out tomorrow.

You can find the download link and release notes on the Latest NEST Home Software topic:

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=14079

Thanks again for all of your support. It's starting to look so much better with each release :-)

Now on to FAN Control :D

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 6:18 am
Ksullivan offline

Hi Mike
Been [=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431951478.358815.jpg[/attachment

Been having errors since last update, any ideas?
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431951478.358815.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431951478.358815.jpg (55.37 KiB) Viewed 3523 times

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 1:08 pm
Chameleon offline

Hi

I think that the problem was that my code wasn't picking up the devices properly. I'm assuming that you don't have any protects is that right?

Anyway it does highlight a possibility in the code that it would miss this error. To check this out can you download and install this version (1.1.54) as a test. It should avoid the error. I've tested it on my test bed system but some reassurance from another test before a general release would be useful.

Please download the trial from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqdg6l85respozo/NEST%20Home%20%28Beta%29%20Trial%20No%20Protects.zip?dl=0

If that doesn't work then we'll have to investigate further. Can you let me know your setup... i.e. number of devices, types and generation (1 or 2).

To all other users - This is not an official release and you install it at your own risk. That said it won't do that much damage and you can always downgrade again! :D

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 2:14 pm
henkjanvries offline

Hi MIke

I've been having the same problems.

i've tried your official and this sub version, but on both im getting errors in the log:

Code: Select all
 NEST Home Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
  NEST Home                       Nest Has detected the following devices...1 NEST Thermostats and: no NEST Protects
  NEST Home Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 1230, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 447, in refreshNests
  File "plugin.py", line 613, in nestKeyFieldUpdate
  File "plugin.py", line 620, in refreshIcons
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key ambient_temperature_ not found in dict'

NEST Home Error                 plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

my thermostat (in indigo) isn't showing anything.

any ideas, or steps you want me to take?

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi Mike
I'm running 1 nest and no protects and have just loaded the amended plugin and all seems ok ,
I'll keep you posted

Thank you
Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 2:44 pm
Chameleon offline

thanks Keith - Keep me posted. I'll upload the new version now for everyone in your situation :)

Thanks for testing

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 3:42 pm
Parp offline

Just wanted to let you know that you did fix my transposed heat and cool set points when I set it to Auto Heat/Cool mode. Thank you for figuring that out.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for "you know what"! :mrgreen:

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 4:01 pm
Chameleon offline

henkjanvries wrote:
Hi MIke

I've been having the same problems.

i've tried your official and this sub version, but on both im getting errors in the log:

Code: Select all
  NEST Home                       Nest Has detected the following devices...1 NEST Thermostats and: no NEST Protects
  NEST Home Error                 Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 1230, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 447, in refreshNests
  File "plugin.py", line 613, in nestKeyFieldUpdate
  File "plugin.py", line 620, in refreshIcons
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key ambient_temperature_ not found in dict'

my thermostat (in indigo) isn't showing anything.

any ideas, or steps you want me to take?

Hi

I think that the system has got a bit confused as I can't reproduce the error. I suggest you try the following steps.

a. Disable the Plugin
    b. Delete any NEST devices that are already present in NEST Home
    c. Re-enable the plugin again

Let me know what, if any errors you get. I did get a few errors until I tried deleting the devices that we're there especially on a one thermostat system. Can't think why it got confused but that did seem to solve the problem.

I think there is some additional error trapping I need to do which would solve the issue but it's a bit late in the UK so I'll look at it tomorrow. If you've had a chance to delete the devices and reenable the plug in then it should work ok. The version you should be using is the latest software 1.1.56.

As an afterthought I thought I'd give you an updated version file (1.1.61) to help you reset your system. So:

a) Disable the plug in
b) Delete any devices (NEST devices that is)
c) Click on the downloaded file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4qg2ilkovod1b6/NEST%20Home%20%28Beta%29%20Trial%20One%20Thermo.zip?dl=0 to install the new version

And hopefully the magic should work... If not there are a few things we can try tomorrow...

Let me know how it goes... We'll sort it one way or another - oh the joy of Betas :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 18, 2015 4:02 pm
Chameleon offline

Parp wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that you did fix my transposed heat and cool set points when I set it to Auto Heat/Cool mode. Thank you for figuring that out.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for "you know what"! :mrgreen:

It's coming I promise... I've got real hope now :D Hope you're ready to test it next week :shock:

Mike

Posted on
Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am
henkjanvries offline

Hi Mike

thanks for the feedback!

do you mean by deleting, the thermostat(s) in Indigo or at Nest? and there do you mean delete from developer.nest or home.nest?
The first i can do now, (@work, but am able to sign in) the latter needs to be tested when i get home again.

ps. after figuring it out, you should include a little extra info of making a developers account at nest for getting the key. that was a tricky part for me anyway. i eventually found out that there was another Nest portal.

have a good and thermostat controlled day!