[ANSWERED]: Weird Touch Issue

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2015 11:44 am
gemiller offline

[ANSWERED]: Weird Touch Issue

So I recently migrated my Indigo installation to a new machine, a 2011 21.5" iMac (and uninstalled the software from the old machine, PowerPC Mac Mini). I reset the reflector, test the phone and away we went (or so I thought). I don't know that I ever got a chance to use the new Touch app on my installation prior to migrating it so I'm not sure what the actual failure cause is, but it's manifesting in the Touch app so I'm posting here.

Indigo is working fine from the machine, and Touch works fine ONLY when within the Wifi network. When I connect remotely through the reflector it connects just fine but it shows No Ack for a device or two, and just generally shows no updating(and they appear to show random dates for the last updated that I know are incorrect) for any of the devices that I know are indeed working within the system. I noticed this because I just opened my pool and popped on my touch app to check the pump status and saw it said no Ack and last status as On, so I drove 2 hours out of my way to stop by the house when I was away for work to check to make sure I wasn't burning up the pump to find that everything was working just fine. As soon as my phone went within the actual wifi network of the house and I reset the Touch app it showed the correct info for my devices. I thought maybe it was fluke but today I logged in to the Touch app from another remote site and it went back to the non functioning "version" of it where it shows No Ack and strange outdated last response dates.

Looking for where to start troubleshooting this?

Posted on
Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Weird Touch Issue

You still have the Indigo Server running in the background on your old Mac. Follow the uninstall instructions and then restart your new (and old) Mac and check the Event Log to see if the reflector is started correctly.

Page 1 of 1