Autelis Jandy

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:46 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Autelis Jandy

I just posted v1.2.8.7 with that change. Obviously I have no way to test it, so give it a shot and let me know. Worst case, I may have to add a delay after the AUX device is turned off.

As far as the pump goes, I'm not sure I understand how it will function. I look at the diagrams for the Jandy and it seems that the AUX relays will determine pump speed as opposed to signals over the RS-485 bus. I wonder why one could not connect the RS-485 bus on this pump directly to the Jandy (assuming commands and feedback is the same). I would call up Jandy or Pentair and ask them about this.

hamw wrote:
Nick, did you update the Color Lights aspect of the plugin to shut off the light first?

Also, do you think the current variable speed pump code could be adapted to work with the PentAir IntelliFlo VF pumps? I am thinking that may be the way to go for my pool, as it is a 3 HP pump and works off GPM flow vs speed. Apparently these pumps can be integrated with the Jandy via a comm module

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm
hamw offline

Great; I'll give it a go. My only reason for wanting to consider the Pentair is perhaps some more oomph at the spa jets. Might not be worth the effort and support issues, however. Gotta pull the trigger soon, though.

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:14 am
hamw offline

So I bought a Jandy ePump 2.0 variable speed pump. The code in the plugin works great! Being able to assign and select speeds has been very helpful as, since I've got a pool/spa combo the system can run on low speed for the pool mostly and then bump up to overflow the spa for an hour or so each day for turnover. Hopefully it will result in some energy savings.

Thanks again for a great plugin!

Posted on
Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 pm
eme jota ce offline

Thanks for this great plugin!

Just of the sake of sharing, here's a couple screenshots showing how I use it to control and track the pool. First is a control page:

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.05.55 PM.png
Pool control page
Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.05.55 PM.png (224.79 KiB) Viewed 7337 times

Also, have combined this with the IndigoPlot plugin to generate some interesting pool temps v. Gulf of Mexico temps (along with wind speed and pool heat set point.) You can see in this graph when I turned off the solar heater for a few days and the pool closely paralleled the Gulf temp. (The flat temps in the pool are due to the fact that the pump turns off at night, so IndigoPlot thinks the temperature is constant until the pump restarts and updates the temp in the morning).

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.12.43 PM.png
Gulf v. Pool temp graph.
Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.12.43 PM.png (114.74 KiB) Viewed 7337 times

Thanks again!

Posted on
Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:27 pm
jasondoiron offline

Where do I find the Autelis Jandy plug-in? I cannot locate...please help!
Thanks,
Jason

Posted on
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:07 am
nlagaros offline

https://vulture.lagaros.com/IndigoPlugins/AutelisJandy/AutelisJandy.indigoPlugin_1.2.9.zip

jasondoiron wrote:
Where do I find the Autelis Jandy plug-in? I cannot locate...please help!
Thanks,
Jason

Posted on
Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:30 pm
jasondoiron offline

Any idea what's going wrong? I cannot seem to get a reply - see log file:

Started plugin "Autelis Jandy 1.2.9"
Autelis Jandy Your plugin version, v1.2.9, is current.
Autelis Jandy Debug Getting Plugin Configuration Settings
Autelis Jandy Debug Connection Type: Socket
Autelis Jandy Debug Socket IP: 192.168.0.15
Autelis Jandy Debug Socket Port: 80
Autelis Jandy Debug Enable UDP: False
Autelis Jandy Debug UDP Port: 7890
Autelis Jandy Debug Keypad Updates: True
Autelis Jandy Debug AquaPure: True
Autelis Jandy Debug VSP 1: False
Autelis Jandy Debug VSP 2: False
Autelis Jandy Debug VSP 3: False
Autelis Jandy Debug VSP 4: False
Autelis Jandy Debug ColorLights: True
Autelis Jandy Debug Color Lights Aux Device: 02
Autelis Jandy Debug Aux Devices: 02
Autelis Jandy Debug Aux 01: Vacuum
Autelis Jandy Debug Aux 02: Lights
Autelis Jandy Saved Plugin Configuration
Autelis Jandy Error Socket: 192.168.0.15:80 not open to close
Autelis Jandy Debug Opening connection....
Autelis Jandy Socket: 192.168.0.15:80 connected succesfully
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #AUX1?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #AIRTMP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #POOLHT?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #POOLHT2?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #POOLSP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #POOLSP2?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #POOLTMP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #PUMP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #PUMPLO?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SPA?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SPAHT?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SPASP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SPATMP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SOLHT?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #SOLTMP?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #OPMODE?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #WFALL?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #CLEANR?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #VBAT?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #OPTIONS?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #MODEL?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #UNITS?
Autelis Jandy Debug TX: #KPEN=1

Posted on
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:49 pm
Bollar offline

Thanks for the plugin!

We're putting in a pool this spring and picking the equipment around Autelis and your plugin.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:53 pm
jasondoiron offline

Anybody know why I can connect and transmit (TX) but cannot get a valid response from Autelis?
socket error: not open to close

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 am
nlagaros offline

I believe the default socket port for the Autelis is 6000. Try changing this in the plugin configuration. It should solve the problem.

jasondoiron wrote:
Anybody know why I can connect and transmit (TX) but cannot get a valid response from Autelis?
socket error: not open to close

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm
markf424 offline

Just got this set up and working. Nice hardware and as usual, a great plugin. Question for the group - do most of you use Indigo as your primary schedule management, or do you use the Jandy system for this functionality, and Indigo for other items like triggers or secondary schedules? Just curious. I'm leaning towards going full Indigo but thought it would be interesting to hear how others run things.

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:00 pm
hamw offline

Someone suggested a general rule, which I have found to be true :( is that if you have an automated controller of some kind that will run on its own, e.g. the alarm system, pool controller etc, let that handle the basics and then Indigo can handle extras. For instance, I just program the pool pump and the cleaner on the RS-8 keypad. I then use the Autelis to handle the pool lights, turning on the spa, temp etc. This takes connectivity out of the equation for keeping the pool going on a day to day basis.

One thing that's really nice, however, is automating actions with the plugin. So, if we are having a party, I have a "party" button on the iPhone in Indigo Touch that executes a big collection of power link actions and action groups. Pressing the button turns on all the lights to a certain level, sets the AC units throughout the house, flips on the moon lights, sets the music and volume, flips variables to keep all the lights on past 11:00 pm and stop the whole house audio doorbell, and also turns on the pool house lights and the pool lights themselves. I can set the color pool lights to whatever. Very convenient to have total pool control in the mix. Pressing "stop party" resets everything back to normal.

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:22 am
markf424 offline

I agree with this rule overall. I dislike having distributed scheduling, but understand the benefits of distributing failure risk.

I run my pool pump at night, when my electric rates are very low. Having solar heat, however, I must run the pump during the warmest hours of the day when necessary. That part of the program is perfect for Indigo because I can base it off of data from my weather station - on cooler, cloudier days, I won't chew up the electricity during peak hours. And of course alerting and party mode, etc. as you mention. Though your parties sound a lot better (and later) than mine!

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 pm
markf424 offline

I'm having some trouble after all. Specifically, with my two speed pump, I'm having issues toggling low speed. The error generated is:

Code: Select all
  Autelis Jandy Error             Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 73, in actionPump
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/AutelisJandy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Autelis.py", line 218, in actionGeneric
<type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'outmsg' referenced before assignment

I looked at the plugin, but the context appears exactly the same as with the regular speed pump (aside from an elif), so I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Ideas?

Thanks..

Posted on
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:34 am
markf424 offline

OK, I think I figured it out. In file /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/AutelisJandy.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Autelis.py, line 212 it reads:

elif PumpDev == "Low Speed - Pool":

However, it should read:

elif PumpDev == "Pool - Low Speed":

Changing that seems to fix the issue.

There is another challenge with logistics on low speed pump, though. Turning the low speed pump on requires that high speed is enabled first. That is, turning on low speed does nothing unless high speed is already on. This can be worked around with action groups, but would probably be cleaner if handled in the plugin. I will poke around and see if I can figure out how to do that cleanly. For now, I just have two action group items: Low Speed On and Low Speed Off, which couple the pump settings.

Thanks, and hopefully this will help someone else.

Page 8 of 11 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11