Possible to Silently Disarm DSC Alarm?

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:27 am
eme jota ce offline

Possible to Silently Disarm DSC Alarm?

Does anyone know if it's possible to send a command to the DSC alarm to silently disarm it via the Plugin?

While the rapid, loud beeping that comes out of the three keypads in the house when the system is armed / disarmed is a security feature, itself. The dog has been whining and moaning at me since 4am, but I he's trapped inside to avoid awakening the kids. I keep telling myself he just wants an early breakfast ... but would like to let him outside, quietly. :shock:

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:01 am
travisc offline

Re: Possible to Silently Disarm DSC Alarm?

Unfortunately the API only has one disarm command. There's no option to disarm silently. They let us turn the door chime off and on, but that's just the beep it makes when a door opens, not when it's armed or disarmed.

I have the same problem. I'm afraid of waking up the baby in the morning when I need to go outside. I'm afraid we're out of luck. :(

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:04 pm
howartp offline

Depending which need is greatest, I think you can turn off the audible alert all together when setting/unsetting, but I suspect it is global to the system so it wouldn't beep at all when setting/ unsetting.

May be wrong but I think i recall it in the install guide?

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:27 am
howartp offline

Just had a look - all I can see is turning off the exit delay beeps; the actual confirmation beep doesn't seem to be configurable. :-(

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:49 am
durosity offline

Certainly that was my understanding of it! Perhaps the guys from @cfss can confirm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 am
eme jota ce offline

Thanks to all above for the responses.

If anyone is interested, I did find a way to change / lower the volume of the beeps, universally, using the *6 command described in this link and this link, depending upon which keypad you have. These links explain how to adjust the buzzer level of a single keypad (mostly tone level) using [*][6][user code] .... However, one of the setting is Buzzer OFF, which is Level 0 on the RFK5500 keypad. 0 can be reached directly from levels 1 and 20 on that keypad, too.

Setting the level to zero on any single keypad did not impact the other keypads. For now, I've just turned off the chimes at the keypad closest to the kids, which applies all day for entry / exit chimes, too.

Wondering if DSC plugin addresses the "keypads" the plugin creates in Indigo. If there is a way to address each physical keypad separately, I could set the one near the kids to level 1, then send *6< to reach 0 when disarming silently in the morning.... Then *6> to return to level 1 for the rest of the day.... If so, that would be great.

Posted on
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:32 pm
CFSS offline

Hi guys

No silent entry option exists on DSC - other than to turn down the keypad volume as has been mentioned above. You can turn off the exit delay bleeps (and by default, selecting STAY should be silent anyway).

Other possibilities do also exist.....

Not knowing the Indigo drivers/options, I am describing this using a standard DSC keypad - such as the PK5500.

In many countries it is common to protect doors and windows primarily, with internal motion sensors being a back-up. In any case, many advantages exist for this configuration - the most obvious being that any intrusion attempt is detected whilst the burglar is on the outside (PIR's only trigger when they are inside). If you have this type configuration, your STAY could be configured so that only the perimeter is protected when at home. And as such, you would only need to isolate the exterior door to let your dog out (or just your front door to take a delivery/leave for work). If that is the case, the DSC systems have a fantastic function called QUICK EXIT. The QUICK EXIT button is the bottom function key on the keypad. Pressing it allows you to open a DELAY type zone (within a 2 minute window - failing that the command is cancelled) without any audible notification, and without affecting the remainder of the system. Once open, the door can remain open as long as you want (if force arming for that device is enabled), so the dog can take as long as he/she likes, you can take a delivery, speak to someone at the door, etc. Once closed the door will be reintegrated without bleeping or disturbing anyone.

But let us say you do not have such perimeter points, and your system is PIR based. You might set up a "Bypass Group" of all the devices that you will pass through to let the dog out. Activating the Bypass Group would then inhibit those detectors from the system. You can even configure one of the function buttons to perform the Activate Bypass Group to save time. Afterwards typing * 1 00 # will clear the bypass and thus reintegrate those points with the program. This function allows you to clear the route without deactivating the remainder of the system. Should you forget, bypassed zones are automatically reintegrated next time you disarm fully.

You could use a wireless fob for arming/disarming to save going to a keypad and no bleeps.

A few other options exist, but we start getting very complex then.

The Security Store
Web: https://www.thesecuritystore.uk.com - contact us before purchases for trade rates/discounts!

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:30 pm
travisc offline

eme jota ce wrote:
Wondering if DSC plugin addresses the "keypads" the plugin creates in Indigo. If there is a way to address each physical keypad separately, I could set the one near the kids to level 1, then send *6< to reach 0 when disarming silently in the morning.... Then *6> to return to level 1 for the rest of the day.... If so, that would be great.

There's no way to do that as far as I know. Everything in the documentation refers to the API talking only to the panel. There's no way to address keypads.

Page 1 of 1