Re: z wave energy meter DSB28

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:48 am
HowmaNoid offline

Anybody know what the STATEKEY values are for the DSB28? I want the system to announce power consumption over a certain limit but I can’t find (like with so many devices) what the list of STATEKEYs are that I can use in the announce command.

Any pointers, tips, help, advice or a shoulder to cry on would be very welcome.

Thanks

H

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:30 am
CrazyFin offline

HowmaNoid wrote:
Anybody know what the STATEKEY values are for the DSB28?

Where in the manual do you see this key and what is the parameter number for that key?

Have you looked in the manual at https://drive.google.com/viewerng/viewer?a=v&pid=forums&srcid=MDM3NTIwMDUwMTA4OTkyOTEwNDQBMTc2Mjg0MjUxOTM5MzgwNTU2ODABZE16eTZEOXNMSkFKATAuMQEBdjI

If you look in the manual on page 5 you find the parameter with number 4 that can be set with a value with what level the HEMG2 should send a report.
Parameter 5-7 does the same but for each individual clamp.
Parameter 8-11 induces a report when usage (Wattage) goes above a certain percentage change.

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:38 am
DaveL17 offline

HowmaNoid wrote:
Anybody know what the STATEKEY values are for the DSB28?

I'm not certain that they're all the same, but this is what my U.S. version reports. The main power device and clamps report the same states:
Code: Select all
states : States : (dict)
     accumEnergyTimeDelta : 175310 (integer)
     accumEnergyTimeDelta.ui : 175310 seconds (string)
     accumEnergyTotal : 200.359 (real)
     accumEnergyTotal.ui : 200.359 kWh (string)
     curEnergyLevel : 2271.031 (real)
     curEnergyLevel.ui : 2271.031 W (string)

You can find the state names for any device by executing the following Python code in a code window (or via a scripting shell):
indigo.server.log(unicode(indigo.devices[12345678]))

Where '12345678' is the device number of your target device.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:15 am
HowmaNoid offline

Dave

You sir are a hero and a gentleman.

Thank you so much for this!!!

All the best

H

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 pm
DaveL17 offline

Cheers!
Dave

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:08 pm
Sharek326 offline

I was unsure if this question was best posted here or on control page forum. I apologize in advance if I was wrong.

I was hoping to use images much like the battery states to give a visual of how much energy the house is currently using. An example would be if the house is currently pulling 456 Watts and jumps to 623 Watts.

I would have several images named
PowerUse+
PowerUse+400
PowerUse+500
PowerUse+600 etc.

Is there a way for this to work on face value or would I have to do something more creative with variables

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:13 pm
kw123 offline

Some remarks. Yes you can do this. But I would do some average otherwise the value jumps up and down constantly as devices come on and off all the time. When I plot the Watt at my house it is very spiky 200-2000 -1000-300 ... Within 10 minutes.
And also the normal refresh for this device in indigo is 6 minutes ... you could set it to 2 minutes. ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:28 pm
Sharek326 offline

Yes I want to set averages but when I name the files like I mentioned it doesn't change the image. Am I missing something?

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:43 am
DaveL17 offline

Just to be clear, you are naming your files with PNG extensions? This should work. Indigo should take the actual value of the device state and then display the image that is closest to that value.

PowerUse+.png
PowerUse+400.png
PowerUse+500.png
PowerUse+600.png
etc.

Where are you pulling your average usage from?
Dave

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 am
g.saldi offline

matt (support) wrote:
I've added #1 and #2 to the feature request list.

For #3, try using the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item to change the value of parameter 111. Set the param size to 4 bytes, then enter the param value you want, in seconds.

Hi Matt,
i try to switch from Fibaro to Indigo
I want use Home Energy Meter DSB09104-ZWEU with 2 Clamp
I think that the 101=16131 it's not the value correct.
I receive Clamp1 and Clamp 2 watt and kWh value correct, but for the Meter total ,receive only battery status (but i do not use because are powered) and watt , but no kWh value.
I try to change the 101 parameter to 6926 (but i try also other values) with Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter, but i think not work.
I never see anything in the Event log,but the read current from devace work.
Now I use the freetrial, i'm waiting for the registretion number from the reseller for the regular version.
Thanks in advance

Posted on
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:35 pm
jtodd offline

Update here:
I have two of these units working well in my home network. I bought one a while back for my "mains" power to the house. I then bought three more, and installed one immediately on other 240v connections in the house. It also works well, and integrated immediately into my network.

The next and final two have presented a problem. The Aeotec USB key recognizes and syncs correctly with them when I do the button-pushing-dance. The red LEDs come on on both of the ZWUS devices, indicating that they're sync'ed with the USB stick. When I go to add the devices, I can see them in the pull-down list ("023 - Multilevel sensor (routing)" but when I hit "sync" I get nothing - the device is not added - I get the error that

Things I've tried:
- pressing the button on the ZWUS. The manual says it stays active for 10 seconds - the LED blinks for about 1.5 seconds and then goes back to solid red.
- power cycling the ZWUS and trying to sync right after power is applied (I've tried battery and USB power)
- disassociating, re-associating via z-wave one at a time, or both at once, or in difference sequences. no luck.
- adding batteries. Trying all of the above. Removing batteries, trying all of the above.

--Note: Interestingly, and possibly unrelated: the first time I press "Sync" on the user interface,, I get an error message back in something like 30 second that says "Timeout waiting for "023 - Multilevel Sensor (routing" - Module might be asleep or is unreachable" while the second time I press "Sync" I wait for only 5 seconds. Strange... --

I find it difficult to believe that these are both "bad" when the third one worked fine in the same shipment. The fact that the USB key syncs with them, and that I see them in the "New Device" process tells me that the Z-wave portion of this seems to be working OK.

Is there any debugging information I can send along that shows what is going on between the unregistered Z-wave devices and Indigo?

Posted on
Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

This sounds like it might just be an RF range issue. That is, you need a Z-Wave module between Indigo and the energy meter to help relay the commands.

If that isn't the case, then please copy/paste the Event Log contents showing exactly what occurs when you try to define/sync it.

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:02 am
drixtab offline

It seems that my DSB is reporting values that are too high. If I estimate it correctly, the values should be divided by 100. One leg for example shown below which has the microwave, fridge and ice maker is reporting 23000++ watts. Is there any parameter setting on the DSB that I can set to divide the reported value by 100 or is there something in Indigo that can do it?

Oct 19, 2015, 7:53:24 AM
  Z-Wave                          received "003 - Energy - Total Consumption" status update battery level 100%
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Total Consumption" sensor update to 342378.300 W
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 1" power load to 238682.950 W
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 2" power load to 103695.460 W
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 3" power load to -0.110 W
  Z-Wave Error                    received "Energy - Clamp 3" power load value out-of-bounds -0.110 W (ignored)
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 1" energy total to 2046.193 kWh
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 2" energy total to 989.092 kWh
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 3" energy total to 35689.993 kWh

Oct 19, 2015, 7:53:57 AM
  Z-Wave                          sent "Energy - Total Consumption" energy status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Energy - Clamp 1" energy status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Energy - Clamp 2" energy status request
  Z-Wave                          sent "Energy - Clamp 3" energy status request
  Z-Wave                          received "003 - Energy - Total Consumption" status update battery level 100%
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 3" power load to -0.110 W
  Z-Wave Error                    received "Energy - Clamp 3" power load value out-of-bounds -0.110 W (ignored)
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 2" power load to 103417.050 W
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Clamp 1" power load to 248148.670 W
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Total Consumption" energy total to 38725.278 kWh
  Z-Wave                          received "Energy - Total Consumption" power load to 351565.610 W

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:37 am
kw123 offline

I have the same issue on my 3 units. They sometimes send really bad data. (Negative watts or really large KHW)
you should check the history of your values in the sql db. if it more than ~0.15% of the values are bad I would send it back.

you can use the indigo-utility plugin to look at the sql data.http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=164&t=14825

Karl