New NEST Plugin ready for general use

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:02 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: New NEST Plugin ready for general use

obyone wrote:
Dave you are a star. It worked perfectly.

Thanks very much.

Now to install the remaining 10 Nest thermostats and get them set up :shock:
Hey, glad that worked for you.

That's a metric ton of thermostats!

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:47 am
obyone offline

Yes it is lot of thermostats, together with my 6 Nest Protect devices I have will have 17 units in total which is above the 16 maximum allowed in the Nest App. I'm hoping that I can find a workaround to this but if not it isn't the end of the world.

I'm hoping this is my last request for help.

Thanks to Dave the plugin is now talking to the Nest unit (via the internet control app) but I am not able to change the heat set point from Indigo.

I have tried various things including rebooting my machine. Some key points that I have noted

• I can change the heat mode perfectly, when doing this the log entry items look the same as for the heat set point
  • If I change the temperature to fahrenheit it works perfectly, any heat set points I adjust in Indigo are reflected on the Nest
  • When I change it back to celsius it stops working

Below is a copy of my log file. The first four lines are related to the heat set point change request which isn't updated on the Nest device. The remaining lines are for the heat mode change request. These are reflected on the Nest device.

8 Oct 2014 14:43:55
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=xx ... Value=17.5
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=xx ... Value=17.5
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin sent "Hallway" increase heat setpoint to 17.5
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ** Set target_temperature

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=xx ... tValue=off
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=xx ... tValue=off
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin sent "Hallway" mode change to off
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ** Set temperature mode to off

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin {"touched_by":{},"auto_away":0,"auto_away_learning":"ready","hvac_heat_x3_state":false,"compressor_lockout_enabled":false,"hvac_alt_heat_state":false,"target_temperature_type":"off","hvac_heater_state":false,"hvac_emer_heat_state":false,"can_heat":true,"compressor_lockout_timeout":0,"hvac_cool_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_high":24,"hvac_aux_heater_state":false,"hvac_heat_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_low":20,"hvac_ac_state":false,"target_temperature":16.5,"hvac_fan_state":false,"target_change_pending":false,"name":"","current_temperature":20.76,"hvac_alt_heat_x2_state":false,"can_cool":false,"$version":"27126","$timestamp":"1412775839891","serial":"xxxx"}

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin obtained a device update... going to process: {u'hvac_ac_state': False, u'compressor_lockout_timeout': 0, u'hvac_alt_heat_x2_state': False, u'compressor_lockout_enabled': False, u'target_temperature': 16.5, u'serial': u'xxxx', u'auto_away': 0, u'can_heat': True, u'hvac_aux_heater_state': False, u'target_change_pending': False, u'hvac_heat_x2_state': False, u'target_temperature_low': 20, u'target_temperature_high': 24, u'hvac_heat_x3_state': False, u'hvac_cool_x2_state': False, u'$timestamp': u'1412775839891', u'hvac_heater_state': False, u'auto_away_learning': u'ready', u'target_temperature_type': u'off', u'touched_by': {}, u'name': u'', u'can_cool': False, u'hvac_fan_state': False, u'$version': u'27126', u'current_temperature': 20.760000000000002, u'hvac_emer_heat_state': False, u'hvac_alt_heat_state': False}
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin {"touched_by":{},"auto_away":0,"auto_away_learning":"ready","hvac_heat_x3_state":false,"compressor_lockout_enabled":false,"hvac_alt_heat_state":false,"target_temperature_type":"off","hvac_heater_state":false,"hvac_emer_heat_state":false,"can_heat":true,"compressor_lockout_timeout":0,"hvac_cool_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_high":24,"hvac_aux_heater_state":false,"hvac_heat_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_low":20,"hvac_ac_state":false,"target_temperature":16.5,"hvac_fan_state":false,"target_change_pending":false,"name":"","current_temperature":20.76,"hvac_alt_heat_x2_state":false,"can_cool":false,"$version":"27126","$timestamp":"1412775839891","serial":"xxxx"}

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin obtained a device update... going to process: {u'hvac_ac_state': False, u'compressor_lockout_timeout': 0, u'hvac_alt_heat_x2_state': False, u'compressor_lockout_enabled': False, u'target_temperature': 16.5, u'serial': u'xxxx', u'auto_away': 0, u'can_heat': True, u'hvac_aux_heater_state': False, u'target_change_pending': False, u'hvac_heat_x2_state': False, u'target_temperature_low': 20, u'target_temperature_high': 24, u'hvac_heat_x3_state': False, u'hvac_cool_x2_state': False, u'$timestamp': u'1412775839891', u'hvac_heater_state': False, u'auto_away_learning': u'ready', u'target_temperature_type': u'off', u'touched_by': {}, u'name': u'', u'can_cool': False, u'hvac_fan_state': False, u'$version': u'27126', u'current_temperature': 20.760000000000002, u'hvac_emer_heat_state': False, u'hvac_alt_heat_state': False}

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:28 pm
ericwass offline

Hi,
Very much interested in getting this plugin working. Thanks for doing it. Unfortunately for me I can't get very far. I've loaded it and put in my credentials but when I try to create an action with it, my only choices are "set away status" and "set humidity level". If I choose "set away status" I can't select the device or do anything else (the next drop down menu doesn't open). That's about as far as I can get. Any clue as to what might be going wrong? Here is the sum total of my logs:
Reloading plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Stopping plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2" (pid 9940)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin stopping NEST listener thread...
Stopped plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Starting plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2" (pid 9968)
Started plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin launching NEST listener thread and Nest.com proxy...
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ** NEST Proxy Server has started on Port 13243

Thank you.

Posted on
Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 am
Cheezmo offline

I would love to get this working (since the old version broke again upgrading to Yosemite and I"m not sure I want to muck with trying to get the Python hack back).

But,

Although it seems to work fine for adjusting hot and cold set points, the feature to change the fan between "auto on" and "always on" doesn't do anything. I don't see anything in the log when I change it, and it reverts back after a couple of seconds.

Any chance it will be updated to support changing the fan state from auto on to always on? I use this in an Applescript that runs the A/C fans when my solar panels are producing excess electricity and would love to get that functionality back.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 am
Cheezmo offline

And adding ssh support to Python 2.5 looks to be a little more difficult anyway, since easy_install-2.5 is gone in Yosemite. (Although Python 2.5 is still there, I'll need some help on how to install they back ported pycrypto package into it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:02 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Don't be fooled - Python 2.5 is not included in Yosemite. It's actually a bunch of symbolic links into Python 2.6... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm
Cheezmo offline

I just want a Nest plugin that works :-)

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 am
Cheezmo offline

Well, I figured out why changing the fan state doesn't do anything....

Code: Select all
   def actionControlThermostat(self, action, dev):
      ###### SET HVAC MODE ######
      if action.thermostatAction == indigo.kThermostatAction.SetHvacMode:
         self.handleChangeHvacModeAction(dev, action.actionMode)

###### SET FAN MODE ######
#      elif action.thermostatAction == indigo.kThermostatAction.SetFanMode:
#         self.handleChangeFanModeAction(dev, action.actionMode)

I tried uncommenting it and no luck, any chance this part of the plugin will be implemented?

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't know about the fan state but I am curious: did you get the plugin working on Yosemite or did you have to roll back your Mac OS version?

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 am
Cheezmo offline

It just worked. (It was the old plugin I haven't gotten working).

Posted on
Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm
Cheezmo offline

Hmm, not looking good today though...

Code: Select all
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Obtaining the latest values from NEST.com
  Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Error Trouble connecting to the NEST proxy, restarting it.
  Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin launching NEST listener thread and Nest.com proxy...
  Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: ntents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:185

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: ion.urls.transport_url.hostname,

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:                                  ^

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: TypeError: Cannot read property 'transport_url' of undefined

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Co            host:nestSess    at nestGet (/Library/Appliclugin/nest_api.js:185:34)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: ation Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server P    at Object.fetchCurrenNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contentjs:223:9)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: est (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugjs:86:7)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: )

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: tStatus [as fetchStatus] (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Indigos/Server Plugin/nest_api.    at Server.processIndigoRequin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_monitor.    at Server.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17    at HTTPParser.parser.onIncoming (http.js:2108:12)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:     at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete [as onHeadersComplete] (http.js:121:23)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:     at TCP.onread (net.js:527:27)

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:     at Socket.socket.ondata (http.js:1966:22)

Posted on
Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 pm
Rocco offline

Cheezmo wrote:
Hmm, not looking good today though...

I often get the same Invalid Message output as Cheezmo does. For me I think it goes back further than Yosemite. When it happens the indigo plugin host process zooms up to 100% cpu usage and sits there (I can always tell because the fans kick in to overdrive). Then I just have to restart the plugin and it calms down.

Right now I have a timer that restarts the plugin after an hour of no values changing, but what I've been trying to do is find away to trigger a restart based on that 'invalid message' report. I think if it was reported as an error, I could have SQL Logger run my restart script when it sees it, but I haven't figured out a way to yet.

Or, if I could tell when the indigopluginhost starts using a whole cpu and restart based on that, that would be handy.

Rocco

Posted on
Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:54 pm
DaveL17 offline

I am also still getting these errors periodically. I can't isolate a set of conditions that might help hone in on what's causing it. Sometimes it settles down on its own, but sometimes it requires a restart.

Hopefully, someone who knows what their doing can figure something out.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm
Rocco offline

It seems to me that the problem arises when the Internet is difficult to reach- then the plugin goes awry and starts to consume the CPU.

I've found that when any of my computers try to upload faster than the 5mbps cap of my Time Warner connection, my whole network goes into disarray, ping times to external sites skyrocket. After the upload the network returns to normal, but it's too late for the nest plugin, and now my cpu is pegged.

Rocco

Posted on
Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:28 am
henkjanvries offline

Im not getting the plugin to work.

im getting the invalid messages in the log.
i see that it tries to send the message.
the nest doesn't change heat set point.
ive had the restart or somewhat, (twice) but thats it.

Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=XX ... Value=22.2
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin sent "Nest thermostaat" increase heat setpoint to 22.2
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ** Set target_temperature

01 Nov 2014 12:16:29
Reloading plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Stopping plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2" (pid 67677)
Stopped plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Starting plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2" (pid 67751)
Started plugin "Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin 1.1.2"
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ** NEST Proxy Server has started on Port 13243
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Obtaining the latest values from NEST.com
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin About to request: http://127.0.0.1:13243/?deviceSerial=XX ... tyName=all
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin DEBUG: Finished deviceStartComm sucessfully
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message:
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:185
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:185
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin host:nestSession.urls.transport_url.hostname,
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: host:nestSession.urls.transport_url.hostname,
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin ^
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: ^
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin TypeError: Cannot read property 'transport_url' of undefined
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: TypeError: Cannot read property 'transport_url' of undefined
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at nestGet (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:185:34)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at nestGet (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:185:34)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at Object.fetchCurrentStatus [as fetchStatus] (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:223:9)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at Object.fetchCurrentStatus [as fetchStatus] (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_api.js:223:9)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at Server.processIndigoRequest (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_monitor.js:86:7)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at Server.processIndigoRequest (/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/IndigoNestPlugin.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/nest_monitor.js:86:7)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at Server.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at Server.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at HTTPParser.parser.onIncoming (http.js:2108:12)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at HTTPParser.parser.onIncoming (http.js:2108:12)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete [as onHeadersComplete] (http.js:121:23)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at HTTPParser.parserOnHeadersComplete [as onHeadersComplete] (http.js:121:23)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at Socket.socket.ondata (http.js:1966:22)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at Socket.socket.ondata (http.js:1966:22)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin at TCP.onread (net.js:527:27)
Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: at TCP.onread (net.js:527:27)

Page 5 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10