Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:53 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Survey v2 Released

send you an email with the zipped survey directory

Posted on
Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:44 pm
kw123 offline

did not know that you can have duplicates..

anyway deleted 2 of them
but 2 are real ones: fanlinc shows up as 2 devices with the same insteon address. One for the lights one for the fan.

Karl

Posted on
Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:12 pm
kw123 offline

Benjamin,
here the log file output. looks good.
also the report looks perfect.
thanks

Karl

ps:
again the FANLINCs show up as 2 devices with the same insteon address as indicated with "<=="
Code: Select all
Survey Plugin                   1 Pass Survey Requested....
  Survey Plugin                   Survey Pass - 1
  Survey Plugin                   You appear to have a duplicate device! Konsfan and KonsCeilingLight <== this one device a lamp + a fan!
  Survey Plugin                      LampLink ?? Timed-Out, No Reply Received
  Survey Plugin                   You appear to have a duplicate device! LeoFan and LeoCeilingLight<== this one device a lamp + a fan!
  Survey Plugin                      outsideGarageLights Timed-Out, No Reply Received
  Survey Plugin                      outsideGaragePoolOutlet Timed-Out, No Reply Received
  Survey Plugin                      pool temp io linc Timed-Out, No Reply Received
  Survey Plugin                      spare micro Timed-Out, No Reply Received
  Survey Plugin                   Total Successes - 53
  Survey Plugin                   Total Failures - 5
  Survey Plugin                   Done processing devices

Posted on
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 am
bschollnick2 offline

kw123 wrote:
Benjamin,
here the log file output. looks good.
also the report looks perfect.

again the FANLINCs show up as 2 devices with the same insteon address as indicated with "<=="
Survey Plugin                   1 Pass Survey Requested....
  Survey Plugin                   Survey Pass - 1
  Survey Plugin                   You appear to have a duplicate device! Konsfan and KonsCeilingLight <== this one device a lamp + a fan!
  Survey Plugin                   You appear to have a duplicate device! LeoFan and LeoCeilingLight<== this one device a lamp + a fan!

I'm glad that removing the duplicate addresses resolved the issue.

Regarding the fanlinc, I assume that the fanlinc and appliance module do have the same address?

If so, then at least for now, the Survey software is only going to be able to test the first device.
I designed the software with the assumption that addresses would be unique, so the results are stored in a python dictionary, that uses the address as the key. That's why the duplicates were showing 200%. They actually had twice as many pings recorded, but when they were averaged, they were dividing by the expected number of passes.

So sadly a fanlinc is going to skew the results.

For now, I have added some code, that will suppress the warning with a fanlinc, but the 2nd device won't be tested since that will skew the results of the testing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/241 ... 0v2.04.zip

------
My Plugins for Indigo (v4, v5, and v6) - http://bit.ly/U8XxPG

Security Script for v4 - http://bit.ly/QTgclf
for v5 - http://bit.ly/T6WBKu

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:23 am
kw123 offline

as it is the same physical device and the communication layer is the same, I guess the results should be equivalent . It is like pining the device twice. You might get different results as this is a statistical process... guess there is no problem, just how to interpret the result.

thanks again for the nice plugin.

Karl

Posted on
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:09 am
esprits300 offline

Wow, this is awesome! i did have 2 requests :) If its not too difficult, would it be possible to create variables for the devices? i want to make a small map of all my devices and display their status in red/green. i can't really see a way to do that. also if you could schedule it to run, say every 30 seconds or something like that, that would help! lastly, if i wanted to access the webpage from the IWS could i just move the location of the files the survey outputs? thanks!

Posted on
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:21 am
bschollnick2 offline

esprits300 wrote:
Wow, this is awesome! i did have 2 requests :) If its not too difficult, would it be possible to create variables for the devices? i want to make a small map of all my devices and display their status in red/green. i can't really see a way to do that. also if you could schedule it to run, say every 30 seconds or something like that, that would help! lastly, if i wanted to access the webpage from the IWS could i just move the location of the files the survey outputs? thanks!

Regarding creating the variables, it's technically feasible.

The main issue I see is, that's a lot of variables to create. If there is interest, I can add on a IWS plugin that can take the results and make them available via a web interface, but I just think that making 30+ (or significantly more) variables would be counter productive.

Also, I wouldn't recommend running this every 30 seconds, the amount of traffic this plugin causes on the Insteon / Z-Wave networks can be very high, and would be counter productive.

In theory, you could move the reports to the IWS folder, but I don't know if IWS would normally make those files available.

I'll think about these and see what I might be able to do.

------

Support Forum(s) - http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/userforum/viewforum.php?f=33

Posted on
Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:05 am
bschollnick2 offline

matt (support) wrote:
That error can occur if you try to call the ping method on a plugin device. See the example code I posted earlier in this thread on how you should find which devices to ping.

Okay, with this in mind, I have made some changes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/241 ... 0v2.21.zip

v2.21 (2014-07-03)
++++++++++++++++++
* Fixed issue where pinging a Plugin device could cause a problem with the HA Interface.
* Fixed ZWave survey bug
* Added code to deal with Zwave subdevices

v2.20 (2014-06-30)
++++++++++++++++++
* Fixed percentage errors with Fanlincs
* Added code to deal with Zwave subdevices
* First version to support ZWave devices

2.10 (2014-06-27)
+++++++++++++++++
* Switched to using the Ping results from Indigo’s API. This should be more accurate and dependable.
* Switched to API v1.16 Ping Command
* v2.10 REQUIRES Indigo v6.0.13 or higher, due to the dependency on API v1.16.
* Using Indigo API V1.16’s Ping command, so we can now test Insteon and Z-Wave (Pending) devices in a cross-platform manner.
* Started to update to PEP 8 standards
* v2.10 now uses the WaitUntilIdle Server command, so this should help prevent any stalls from other requests from Indigo.
* Due to the switch to Indigo’s results, I am switching the timings to Milliseconds, instead of seconds.

------

Posted on
Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:33 pm
esprits300 offline

bschollnick2 wrote:
esprits300 wrote:

Regarding creating the variables, it's technically feasible.

The main issue I see is, that's a lot of variables to create. If there is interest, I can add on a IWS plugin that can take the results and make them available via a web interface, but I just think that making 30+ (or significantly more) variables would be counter productive.

Also, I wouldn't recommend running this every 30 seconds, the amount of traffic this plugin causes on the Insteon / Z-Wave networks can be very high, and would be counter productive.

In theory, you could move the reports to the IWS folder, but I don't know if IWS would normally make those files available.

I'll think about these and see what I might be able to do.

Awesome, thank you!

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:29 pm
lalisingh offline

Been using the tool today to diagnose some Insteon communication issues.

The process is to run the tool every hour or so and do a trend analysis. In order to dig deeper would be helpful to have a CSV output to feed into a spreadsheet for this type of analysis.

Very helpful tool. Thank you.

[url]https://www.VillageWorker.com[/url]
Extreme data analytics, Sensing, Control integration work.
Indigo • Barix • Kentix • Mobotix • Mikrotik • Apple

Posted on
Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:29 am
esprits300 offline

What id like to do is to create a png map of all my devices, attach a variable to each one with an icon to make an insteon map. almost all the pieces are there but i can't figure out how to export the milliseconds to a variable. I'm not good at programming but i am loosely familiar with it. could i do this with applescript? i feel I'm so close to my goal! thank you!

Posted on
Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:02 pm
esprits300 offline

would you happen to know if there is a "ping" command for insteon devices? I could write a simple applescript that pings them and returns a value as a variable that would accomplish what im looking to do probably easier than you modifiying your plugin (which I still love and use).... thanks!

Posted on
Mon May 16, 2016 6:45 am
johnpolasek offline

Could you look at something and let me know how you think I should proceed? Some years ago I set up an Insteon network at my mother'rural house that encompassed two houses, a set of outdoor lamposts, and a barn each about 100 yards from the common power pole serving them all. There is a passive crossover (replaced last fall) and single Insteon switchlink located at the power pole. it worked fine for years , but since last fall has become increasingly unreliable until now , basically only the insteon devices within the house holding the Indigo server will respond or send status when tripped manually. After replacing components and switching off breakers looking for the problems, I downloaded and ran the survey tool across the network and came up with several repeats similar to the attached file and I am not sure what it's telling me; Looking at some specific critical devices:
The "Driveway Alert" is an EZIO plugged into the same circuit on a plug about 10 ft from the powermodem.
The "Insteon Relay" is a dual band appliancelinc hooked up to nothing but on a plug on the opposite phase about 50 ft from the powermodem.
The "garbage disposal" is currently the only other device in the house with the server other than some legacy X10 switches that are working fine and will be replaced only when they die.

All these devices still respond to status requests and communicate fine with the server, but the survey tool says their hop counts are high and reliability is low.

"Frosty's Light" is the switchlinc at the power pole, which responds every once in a great while to the server, although the server ALWAYS receives the status change when the switch is operated manually. It is showing as more reliable than the driveway alert that is electrically within a few feet of the powermodem.

Most of the other modules are beyond the power pole and almost never respond to commands nor does the server receive status changes from manual triggers, however there are two very peculiar ones:

Unless somebody repurposed them without telling me, "Christmas Tree" and "Christmas lights 11" are both appliancelincs packed away in the attic since new years, but both are apparently responding and one of the is supposed to be 100% reliable, according to the survey tool, although neither responds when I tried a status request.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of huge line or RF noise issue, but have no idea of how to track it down short of killing every breaker in both houses and the barn except for one that we hook the server up to and then bringing the rest of them on line one by one ... or is there some other way to gain additional insight from the Survery tool results?

Curse; will not allow me to attach the webarchive file...

Posted on
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm
dduff617 offline

does this plugin work in Indigo 7?

i tried running a survey. it seemed to complete, then i seem to have gotten an error while generating the report output:
2017-04-25 16:16:39.950   Survey Plugin   Total Successes - 130
2017-04-25 16:16:39.951   Survey Plugin   Total Failures - 8
2017-04-25 16:16:39.953   Survey Plugin   Done processing devices
2017-04-25 16:16:41.173   Survey Plugin Error   Error in plugin execution MenuAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 329, in survey_1pass_manualUpdate
  File "plugin.py", line 311, in make_individual_reports
  File "plugin.py", line 184, in make_report
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/survey2.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Cheetah/Template.py", line 1005, in __str__
  File "cheetah_DynamicallyCompiledCheetahTemplate_1493151401_15_72206.py", line 136, in respond
TypeError: hex() argument can't be converted to hex

Posted on
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:57 pm
HFTobeason offline

Does this plugin still exist? The Dropbox pages are showing "Does not exist" errors. Thanks.