"Error detected" - cannot get plugin to work

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:15 pm
Londonmark offline

"Error detected" - cannot get plugin to work

Hi,

Really hope I can get this working. I currently have a whole series of Applescripts to control my squeezeboxes, but they are pretty clumsy. I think I have followed the instructions properly - certainly my players have all appeared as they should. However, when I try to do anything with them, nothing happens. For example, I have tried setting up an Action Group that would simply make one of my players play. When I execute the action group, I get the following message in the Event Log:

Autolog Squeezebox Error Error detected in Autolog Squeezebox runConcurrentThread Method 'A'
Autolog Squeezebox Error Error at line 68: ''key not found in database'

And if I do anything to my squeezeboxes from LMS web interface, I get another error.

Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError [2] detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'processServerResponse'. Line '455' has error=''key not found in database''

Really grateful for any help - I'd love to get this working!

Thanks

LM

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:09 pm
autolog offline

Re: "Error detected" - cannot get plugin to work

Londonmark wrote:
Hi,

Really hope I can get this working. I currently have a whole series of Applescripts to control my squeezeboxes, but they are pretty clumsy. I think I have followed the instructions properly - certainly my players have all appeared as they should. However, when I try to do anything with them, nothing happens. For example, I have tried setting up an Action Group that would simply make one of my players play. When I execute the action group, I get the following message in the Event Log:

Autolog Squeezebox Error Error detected in Autolog Squeezebox runConcurrentThread Method 'A'
Autolog Squeezebox Error Error at line 68: ''key not found in database'

And if I do anything to my squeezeboxes from LMS web interface, I get another error.

Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError [2] detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'processServerResponse'. Line '455' has error=''key not found in database''

Really grateful for any help - I'd love to get this working!

Thanks

LM

I am sure I can help get this working for you - just as well I highlighted it as alpha code :wink:

What version of the Plugin are you running? See this post for the latest release I have made available via dropbox (v0.1.5).

Have you tried deleting all the devices (including your server) and then restarting the plugin?

What type of Squeezeboxes are you running and where is the server i.e. on the mac or remote?

I am currently working on (and running) v0.2.1 which has been extensively re-engineered. I have removed the dependency on the Cynical Network plugin. I was getting too many problems with messages being dropped / duplicated - an unfortunate by-product of how it has to interface with Indigo via variables. Apart from this change, the main addition to v0.2.1 is the ability to play audio warnings onto the Squeezebox(es) i.e. interrupt playing music, play the warning sound and then resume the music.

With a little more work tomorrow [thunder and lightning permitting - the weather forecast doesn't look good :(] I can probably make it available but at the moment it would fill your event log up with debugging messages.

If the above suggestions don't work, then I think this is the way forward :)

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm
Londonmark offline

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried a lot of what you said already without any luck so I think I will wait for the very latest version. I'm using a duet, a boom and an squeezebox 2, plus software players. The server is on the same Mac as Indigo. Good luck with the new version and I look forward to testing it.

LM

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 pm
autolog offline

OK - I will try and sort it out over the weekend :)

Posted on
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 pm
autolog offline

The weekend has arrived early :D

Version 0.2.1 is available here.

Before installing this new version, delete all the previous devices (players and servers) and the old plugin.

Some of the commands have changed but hopefully these will be obvious - I will look at enhancing the documentation over the next week or so.

One other thought I have had is that I haven't done any testing with software players - I will need to look at this.
What software players are you using?

Let me know how you get on and good luck :)

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:49 am
Londonmark offline

It works. Fantastic - thank you.

It still seems to need the Cynical Network plugin - I initially tried without but got errors.

Now looks pretty good. Have not played around with the Raw commands - might need a few pointers on that. Also looks as if shuffle playlist has been duplicated.

Number one feature request would be to be able to select playlists...

You asked about software players - I use an iPhone, an ageing iPod Touch and Softsqueeze. I've tested the iPhone and it works without a problem. Will test the others in due course.

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:05 am
autolog offline

Londonmark wrote:
It works. Fantastic - thank you.

Glad to hear it is working for you :)

Londonmark wrote:
It still seems to need the Cynical Network plugin - I initially tried without but got errors.

It definitely isn't using the Cynical Network plugin unless there is phantom code in the plugin :wink:
Delete the Cynical Network device you defined for your squeezebox server.
What errors where you getting?
It is possible that on an initial start you might get errors because at the moment it is possible that players can start before the server is either defined or started. This is only a problem on the first start-up of the plugin. I am currently looking at how to handle queueing of starts for players if the server isn't defined and/or started.

Londonmark wrote:
Now looks pretty good. Have not played around with the Raw commands - might need a few pointers on that.

OK - The Plugin works by communicating with the Squeezebox Server using the Logitech Media Server Command Line Interface. A server raw command will just send the whole command string to the server and a player raw command will substitute the '<playerid> parameter with the MAC (address) of the selected player to save you having to type it in. I use it as a debugging aid :-)

Londonmark wrote:
Also looks as if shuffle playlist has been duplicated.

Now corrected in version 0.2.2 which is available here.

After installing this version, you need to to edit each of you squeezebox devices (Server and Players), edit device settings and then save. It is likely / probable that you will get errors in the event log after the install. After you have edited and saved the devices, reload the Plugin and you shouldn't see any errors. If you do, let me know :)

Londonmark wrote:
Number one feature request would be to be able to select playlists...

OK I will look at this - how would you envisage this working?

Londonmark wrote:
You asked about software players - I use an iPhone, an ageing iPod Touch and Softsqueeze. I've tested the iPhone and it works without a problem. Will test the others in due course.

Thanks. I use iPenq player on the iPhone (hadn't thought of this as a software player which of course it is) :-)

At the moment the error handling for the server communications is fairly rudimentary and also I am still debugging the Alert processing. Handling alerts sent to sync'd players can be a bit problematic but I am slowly making progress.

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:50 am
Londonmark offline

I no longer seem to get the errors without Cynical, so maybe it was just the first start.

Shuffle Playlist now appears only once.

Good not to have to delete everything to update! Means it will soon be worth the effort to set up some control pages.

For playlists, the perfect version would be an action that let you choose playlists from a list of names (when defining the action - not on a control page). Would also be fine just to have type the name of the playlist. In my current implementation (using scripts rather than your plugin), I have a control page with a selection of playlists - hit the button and the playlist starts (sometimes with shuffle, sometimes without). I also have a few buttons for radio stations, but I do that using favourites.

Syncing definitely seems to create complexity. For my "Living room" player, I use the IR Blaster plug-in to switch on the amplifier and set it to the right input, but the player is also synced to a couple of others. Even from iPeng. switching on the amp only seems to work some of the time. As far as I can tell, it depends (a bit) on which player I have selected in iPeng, but given I run iPeng from a phone and an iPad, I've never really managed to pin it down.

Last thought - volume controls would also be good!

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:53 am
Londonmark offline

Still getting a few bugs...

Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'REPLY-TO-SEND'. Line '705' has error='list index out of range'
Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'LISTEN-NOTIFICATION'. Line '705' has error='list index out of range'
WebServer request to execute "iPad" control #45 from 10.0.1.10
Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'REPLY-TO-SEND'. Line '705' has error='list index out of range'
Autolog Squeezebox Error StandardError detected for 'Squeezebox server' with function 'LISTEN-NOTIFICATION'. Line '705' has error='list index out of range'

This in response to trying to toggle player power.

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:55 am
autolog offline

Londonmark wrote:
Still getting a few bugs... .... This in response to trying to toggle player power.

Fixed in Version 0.2.3 which is available here :)

I have also added a new command 'Play Playlist'. You have to specify the playlist to play.

The playlist naming format is something like this (for an example 'Zero 7' playlist):

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Music/Playlists/zero%207.m3u
or
/Volumes/DATA/Playlists/zero%207.m3u.

Note that you have to specify %20 for any spaces - I will fix this in due course, I will also look at providing a selectable list as well. :)

For Volume what are you looking for? I was thinking possibly something like:
  • Set Volume to n
  • Increase Volume By n
  • Decrease Volume By n
  • Mute
  • Unmute (or similar)
  • Toggle Mute
This would then give the flexibility to set whatever values you wanted.

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:30 pm
Londonmark offline

Wow - impressively quick turnaround! The errors have gone.

However, I'm not getting the playlist function to work, I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure I have the path specified properly. I have set up an action group and in the event log I get a message that the action group has been called, but nothing else.

On volume your suggestion is exactly what I had in mind.

Big thanks for all your work on this. It might sneak from alpha to beta soon!

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:37 pm
autolog offline

Londonmark wrote:
Wow - impressively quick turnaround! The errors have gone.

However, I'm not getting the playlist function to work, I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure I have the path specified properly. I have set up an action group and in the event log I get a message that the action group has been called, but nothing else.

On volume your suggestion is exactly what I had in mind.

Big thanks for all your work on this. It might sneak from alpha to beta soon!

At the moment, the event log won't show any message for success or failure. The server just ignores any play playlist command with an invalid path - so it is difficult to detect errors. How have you specified the path?

Posted on
Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 pm
Londonmark offline

\users\myusername\music\playlists\myplaylist.m3u

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 am
autolog offline

Londonmark wrote:
\users\myusername\music\playlists\myplaylist.m3u

I think you should be using '/' instead of '\' - Give that a try and see what happens :)

Posted on
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:00 am
Londonmark offline

Sorry - I was using / - was typing in a hurry from my iPhone.