[SOLVED] NOAA Weather Plugin

Posted on
Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:20 am
jalves offline

[SOLVED] NOAA Weather Plugin

I updated Indigio (Pro) to 6.0.10 yesterday morning and noticed that the NOAA Weather plugin has stopped updating. Is that happening for anybody else? I've reloaded the plug-in several times to no avail. The error log shows nothing. Wondering if this is just a coincidence of my upgrade and something happening at NOAA.

Note that this is the NOAA Weather, not NOAA Weather Plus.

[VIEW SOLUTION]

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:53 am
Chompy offline

Re: NOAA Weather Plugin

I use NOAA Weather Plus & get errors occasionally, but I doubt it has anything to do with the latest release of Indigo.

This morning the plug in is failing to update about 1/2 the time. (I think it runs every 15 minutes)
Code: Select all
 NOAA Weather Plus Error         Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 47.6152, -122.3497: <urlopen error timed out>

The failures most likely have something to do with the site the plugin connects to.

Posted on
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jalves wrote:
I updated Indigio (Pro) to 6.0.10 yesterday morning and noticed that the NOAA Weather plugin has stopped updating. Is that happening for anybody else? I've reloaded the plug-in several times to no avail. The error log shows nothing. Wondering if this is just a coincidence of my upgrade and something happening at NOAA.

Look at the Last Update field in the Device Details tile - does it show a time within the last hour or so? If so, then the NOAA data is just not getting updated in their feed. If there are no errors in the log then the plugin is getting data from NOAA.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 am
jalves offline

jay (support) wrote:
jalves wrote:

Look at the Last Update field in the Device Details tile - does it show a time within the last hour or so? If so, then the NOAA data is just not getting updated in their feed. If there are no errors in the log then the plugin is getting data from NOAA.

I did check that before I wrote my post and it was showing that the last update was a day old. :cry:

However, I tried one last thing after my post this morning. I stopped the Indigo server and quit the application. Then I restarted everything. Just looked at the variables and they have now updated for the latest info. So, problem solved.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 am
HFTobeason offline

I, too, see this type of error quite often:

NOAA Weather Plus Error Unknown error getting weather for coordinates XX.0625, -XXX.502: <urlopen error timed out>

Usually in groups of two, sometimes groups of four -- and often multiple times per hour for hours at a time. And then, it'll simply resolve itself. Note that the author of the plugin states (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11122&hilit=noaa+weather+plus):

Ah yes. That error. I do recognize that one. Unfortunately, the "urlopen error timed out" error is one I haven't been able to fix. It appears to either be intermittent NOAA server reliability issues or, more likely, a known issue with the urllib2 library that comes with Python 2.5. I'll continue to search for workarounds.

Also (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8701&hilit=noaa+weather+plus&start=210) -- scroll down.

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

@HFTobeason - wrong plugin, the OP was talking about the NOAA plugin that ships with Indigo. The NOAA Weather Plus plugin is a 3rd party plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 am
HFTobeason offline

Ooops! Sorry. Same error, though. Though @Chompy is referring to Weather Plus...

Posted on
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No problem - just wanted to make sure you knew it since I don't know that Nathan is watching this thread since it's not in his forum… ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm
jgraybill offline

Re: [SOLVED] NOAA Weather Plugin

Somewhat related, is there way to email the variable data from the plugin? For example, I'd like to receive an email as a "freeze temp" alert for a second home.

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you're wanting to add the contents of a variable to an email, there is an example in the scripting tutorial (you need to use a little script).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 am
jgraybill offline

thanks Jay!

Page 1 of 1