NOAA Weather Plus discussions

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:55 am
jalves offline

Re: NOAA Weather Plus discussions

Never mind. Apparently some combination of those things tried again in the last 10 minutes did the trick. I have no idea what went wrong or how I "fixed" it. :oops:

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:25 am
nsheldon offline

Hello. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

The NOAA Weather Plus plugin doesn't actually create or update any Indigo variables as a built-in function. If you have variables that are supposed to be updated when NOAA Weather Plus devices change states, there'd need to be triggers in place to do that (almost certainly ones that use the Device State Changed trigger event). You can search the Indigo client for those types of triggers by sorting the trigger list by the Trigger Type column.

Posted on
Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:34 pm
jalves offline

After a bit more research, it appears that the server startup item "weather NOAA script" wasn't running properly when I was having difficulty. It now seems to be working correctly.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 am
rhanson offline

So is the plugin working for everyone?

I'm getting this since yesterday (v1.1.15):

Code: Select all
NOAA Weather Plus Error         Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 246, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 528, in update
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: need more than 1 value to unpack

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:51 am
nsheldon offline

That's a new one. Are you getting that more than once? If so, could you turn on debug logging in the plugin configuration and reload the plugin then paste in the log into your reply?

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 pm
rhanson offline

Here's what the plugin reports. The raw data from that web call is attached.

Stopped plugin "NOAA Weather Plus 1.1.15"
  Starting plugin "NOAA Weather Plus 1.1.15" (pid 6147)
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Initializing Plugin.
  Started plugin "NOAA Weather Plus 1.1.15"
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Starting device: Weather (Irvine)
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Updating weather for device: Weather (Irvine)
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) using URL http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?FcstType=dwml&lg=english&lat=00.000&lon=-000.00
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Attempt # 1 at downloading and parsing weather data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) reading returned weather data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) parsing weather XML data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) locating "data" elements in XML.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) found forecast data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) found current observation data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) looking for observation location coordinate data.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) found latitude xx.xxxxx, longitude -xxx.xxxxx
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) looking for observation time.
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Device Weather (Irvine) observation time listed is "NA."
  NOAA Weather Plus Error         exception in deviceStartComm(Weather (Irvine)): need more than 1 value to unpack
  NOAA Weather Plus Debug         Starting runConcurrentThread.
Attachments
wx.xml
XML response (by curling the url)
(11.31 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the additional information. I'll check it out and see what I can find.

Posted on
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 am
nsheldon offline

Patch update 1.1.16 released:

(See main NOAA Weather Plus announcement thread for download link).

Changes Since Version 1.1.15

• Fixed (hopefully) a bug that would cause the plugin to crash if "NA" was specified for the current condition observation time.

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 pm
rhanson offline

Not sure if this is due to changes in 1.1.16 or not:

Dec 5, 2013 21:46:17
  NOAA Weather Plus Error         Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 852, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 217, in deviceStartComm
  File "plugin.py", line 1224, in update
<type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>: local variable 'e' referenced before assignment

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 pm
nsheldon offline

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Posted on
Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:25 am
HFTobeason offline

Again, I love this plugin, thank you!

I get a fairly regular error, very often in groups of three, but sometimes two, sometimes alone. This happens every few hours, at least:

2013-12-09 07:16:39 NOAA Weather Plus Error Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 34.0625, -118.502: <urlopen error timed out>
    2013-12-09 07:16:42 NOAA Weather Plus Error Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 34.0625, -118.502: <urlopen error timed out>
    2013-12-09 07:16:45 NOAA Weather Plus Error Unknown error getting weather for coordinates 34.0625, -118.502: <urlopen error timed out>

I recognize that this is probably an issue on the NOAA side, but is there any way to suppress these errors? Or handle them? Because I have Indigo set to email me on errors, I get a LOT of extraneous emails.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted on
Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 am
nsheldon offline

I hear ya. I get them too. I'll see what I can do.

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:52 am
Bollar offline

The NOAA Point Forecast hourly weather graph shows predicted precipitation amounts. Is that something potentially available to NOAA Weather Plus, or via another service?

I'm interested in incorporating this type of data into my evapotranspiration project. Yes, I can figure out some kind of hedge from precipitation probability, but it would be more straightforward to be able to incorporate NOAA's forecast of xx mm of rain in the next 24 hours into the sprinkler cycle calculation.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 pm
nsheldon offline

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've seen the point forecast from NOAA. It has a lot of interesting and useful stats and predictions for mostly niche circumstances. I can see the value in adding it to the plugin, but I don't think I'm going to have the time to do that as it would require fairly significant modifications to the code (and list of device states). If you know some Python, you could probably modify the NOAA Weather Plus plugin code for your own purposes though.

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:07 pm
Bollar offline

nsheldon wrote:
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've seen the point forecast from NOAA. It has a lot of interesting and useful stats and predictions for mostly niche circumstances. I can see the value in adding it to the plugin, but I don't think I'm going to have the time to do that as it would require fairly significant modifications to the code (and list of device states). If you know some Python, you could probably modify the NOAA Weather Plus plugin code for your own purposes though.

Thanks!

Yes, I was able to pull the equivalent information from Weather Underground using their API.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Page 15 of 21 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21