Feature Request - Make a Phone Call

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:13 am
ckeyes888 offline

Feature Request - Make a Phone Call

I'd really like to be able to have Indigo make outgoing phone calls, Google Voice etc,
that could "say" messages when the call was answered.

Would make a very cool plugin.

Carl

Posted on
Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Make a Phone Call

I think this would be a cool plugin as well, and if anyone is interested in taking a shot at it take a look at twilio. It is inexpensive and looks like it has a great and easy-to-use API. I've been meaning to play around with it, but realistically won't get to it for quite a while.

Posted on
Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:21 pm
jlambert121 offline

A bit of an old thread, but I've used Twilio with some other things and it is pretty powerful. What kind of things would you like out of a plugin? Would you mostly use this as a way to get notifications out of Indigo to you?

Posted on
Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Caller ID would be really cool if there's some way to get it so that you could have Indigo announce who's calling. And hook status would also be nice if possible (but probably not). I think twilio does SMS as well so both incoming and outgoing would be awesome. Finally, playback of voicemails would be an added bonus.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 am
mat offline

I use phoneamego to do exactly this. Its in the app store.

It anounces caller names from my iphone, and when answered mutes the TV and/or sonos (via the plug in), turning them back up when the phone is hung up (if only one person is in the house). It pauses plex and turns a side light on if a film is playing when the phone is answered, resuming at the end of a call.

I also use it as a proximity sensor via bluetooth to turn lights on when returning home, and if movement is detected when bluetooth is not connected, it reminds me to charge the phone.

You can connect a number of phones at the same time I believe.

It also allows dial buttons to be included on control pages - sadly I have a take-away control page with the local numbers programmed.

Very easy to set up, just running external apple script and sending variables to Indigo.

Not sure if you could do this with a landline or not?!?

Mat

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Page 1 of 1