DigiTemp - 1 Wire Temperature Plugin (Locked)

Posted on
Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:27 pm
Fishysan offline

Re: DigiTemp - 1 Wire Temperature Plugin

Ahh groovy thanks. Thought after reading more it might have been to prevent interference, which in a way I guess the inductance would have a similar effect.

So recommended to do.. still haven't analysed the phone structure to see if I can leverage that yet.

Posted on
Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 pm
MrJeffreyGee offline

travisc wrote:
That would definitely work for you until I have a chance to figure out how why it's not compiling into a universal binary. The digitemp binary inside the plugin would just have to be replaced with one compiled for PPC.

If you can help me get it running on my PPC then I wouldn't mind sending you a small amount of money for your troubles.

Posted on
Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm
travisc offline

That's not the issue at all. :)

I'm so busy getting ready for our tradeshow I don't have the time to figure this out right now. Compiling stuff from source is not my forte, I know just enough to be dangerous. It took me a few hours to get Digitemp to compile without error as a universal binary. I thought I got it right but clearly I did something wrong.

Maybe someone else on the forum that has more experience compiling UB's could get it compiled for us.

Travis

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:36 pm
berkinet offline

travisc wrote:
...Maybe someone else on the forum that has more experience compiling UB's could get it compiled for us.

I'm not sure about the experience part, and I am not 100% sure exactly what you wanted compiled... But, I decided too punt on the UB bit for now and just downloaded digitemp-3.6.0.tar.gz and built digitemp_DS9097U for PPC ONLY on Tiger (10.4.11).

I placed the binary in a zip file on dropbox.

Let me know if this was what you needed, and, if it works.

Posted on
Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 pm
Fishysan offline

Travis, thanks again for another cool plugin!

I just fired it up in 30seconds on my new LinkUSBi and a T-Sense SD from ibuttonlink.com

Plugged in the LinkUSBi a cat 5 run to the T-Sense and boom, got temp readings.

I got the T-Sense to have a quick & dirty test, from their "scratch & dent sale" for 10$, vs. 5$ for the DS18B20s. I got a bunch of those loose parts, but I've got to figure out my phone wiring before using those. At least with the T-Sense I was able to confirm the LinkUSBi & such worked.

No doubt if I had Cat5 already running everywhere, the drop & go ease of the T-Sense would have been nice @10$ from scratch & dent. However, I'd like to also have humidity in some spots - need to look into options for that...

Cheers!

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am
hamw offline

Would this iButton unit work with the plugin?

http://www.ibuttonlink.com/ms-th.aspx

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Fishysan offline

Good question, but for the price I didn't want to experiment. :) I was OK w 10$ for a T-Sense™ Temperature Sensor from them though.

We'll have to look at what it's running inside to help. I'm not sure what ibutton's return policy is like, and I'm in Canada, so I didn't go there. :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am
jtm997 offline

I need help finding a 9-pin to USB adaptor. I have an older one and my mini MAC does not see it when pluged in. Could someone recommend one?

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Keyspan USA-19HS is the one I recommend - it's a bit more expensive but their drivers have always been rock solid.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 am
jtm997 offline

Thanks Jay. I have one on order. Another question. A friend at work gave me 2 DS9097U-9. I'm not sure if it maters, but one is beige and the other is black.

Are these able to replace the DS9097U?

Thanks for all your help with these plug-ins, they really extend the use of Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 pm
travisc offline

The -009 models have an internal ID, which you won't be using. Other than that they seem like they are the same.

http://www.maxim-ic.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/2983

Posted on
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm
Fishysan offline

Yah Travis, as I have a LinkUSBi or whatever it's called with the "i" for the ID thing - works fine - ignored of course, but I only got it as the non-ID ones were out of stock. Has the FTDI chip in it for the serial interface.

I bought this guy, but ended up getting LinkUSBi. Same drivers as the chipset in the Smarthome parts too, so works out nice.
http://www.amazon.com/PTC-Premium-Conve ... B003TYCHIC

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:08 pm
jtm997 offline

Thanks Travis for this plug in. It works very well.

As a novice with regard to writing scripts, I need some off-line direction to be able to capture the temperature and save it to a variable and a file for long term evaluation. I have tried and successfully launched Python; But that is where my skills stop.

I would be happy to read anything you can point me to. If you could send me a sample code, I will play around and figure how to accomplish different tasks. But where do you save the scripts and how do you activate them?

Thanks,
jtm997@gmail.com

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:55 am
Fishysan offline

You may want to look at Indigo's overall logging solution with SQLite built in. I've not used it but did turn it on w my new installation. It will record all variables and device states to the DB. Then you can point whatever you want at it for reporting.

Have a look at this for some ideas too
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8120

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm
lalisingh offline

jtm997 wrote:
As a novice with regard to writing scripts, I need some off-line direction to be able to capture the temperature and save it to a variable and a file for long term evaluation. I have tried and successfully launched Python; But that is where my skills stop.

I use http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/gallery/index.en.html for graphing and analysis. My graph can be seen http://www.villageworker.com/2011/07/temperature-display-using-rrdtool.html

The advantages are near real time graphing and analysis, fixed database size and low compute overhead. Hope this helps.

[url]https://www.VillageWorker.com[/url]
Extreme data analytics, Sensing, Control integration work.
Indigo • Barix • Kentix • Mobotix • Mikrotik • Apple