Proliphix Thermostat script...

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2008 3:15 pm
asw24b offline

Proliphix Thermostat script...

I just submitted a script to retrieve the temperature from a Proliphix IP thermostat and store it into an Indigo variable.

Enjoy !

Mike

Posted on
Fri May 23, 2008 9:58 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Excellent Mike!!

Thanks for being the first of many (we hope) submissions to the UCL!

jay

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:12 pm
berkinet offline

Re: Proliphix Thermostat script...

asw24b wrote:
I just submitted a script to retrieve the temperature from a Proliphix IP thermostat and store it into an Indigo variable.

The instructions with the applescript say:
Usage
Create a Time/Date action that calls the main AppleScript function defined in the attachment script:
GetThermotemp()

I have looked through the forums but cannot figure out how to call an Applescript function in Indigo 3.x, and simply executing the script frokm the Time/Date Trigger does nothing.

Could someone give me some advice on this.

Thanks, Richard

Posted on
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:37 pm
berkinet offline

berkinet wrote:
I have looked through the forums but cannot figure out how to call an Applescript function in Indigo 3.x, and simply executing the script frokm the Time/Date Trigger does nothing.

Could someone give me some advice on this.

Never mind... I figured it out. I had failed to "Reload Attachments" from the Scripts menu. So, once that was done I just needed to enter the function name in the Embedded script window.

Is this documented anywhere?

Richard

Posted on
Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 pm
berkinet offline

Updated Functionality

I have updated Mike's Proliphix script to display and manage the set point - and thus allow iPhone support for temperature display and override. I will get around to posting the modified script at some point. But, I still have some work to do to add support for multiple thermostats. Right now I maintain two separate scripts and that is a pain, so I need to allow the function call from Indigo to define which thermostat to query/set and then set the right variables in Indigo. In the meantime, if anyone wants a copy of what I have I would be glad to email it - just send me your email address.

Here is a screen shot of the control page...

Richard

Posted on
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am
lombrano offline

Will to share ?

Hello Richard,
I've got a phrolifix thermostat and I'm willing to do what you've already achieved. Are you willing to share your work even if it's still in a beta stage ? Thanks a lot
Antonio

Posted on
Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:40 pm
djl35319 offline

Question for berkinet: Did you ever complete the script to allow to set temperature settings?

Also, can anyone point me to the queries that can be sent to a Proliphix thermostat to retrieve all of its info and set various items?

Posted on
Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm
berkinet offline

djl35319 wrote:
Question for berkinet: Did you ever complete the script to allow to set temperature settings?

Also, can anyone point me to the queries that can be sent to a Proliphix thermostat to retrieve all of its info and set various items?
Yes. Well, that is to say it works and I have stopped working on it. I am not totally happy with the automatic overrides when inside and outside temps get too close, and I would also like to integrate humidity into the calculation to get a "feels like" setting... but, it will probably be a while before I get around to that. I would be happy to share the script, just PM me your email address.

The Proliphix API guide is available here.

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:00 pm
berkinet offline

I have just posted a Proliphix plugin to the user contribution library. See this thread.

Posted on
Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 pm
asw24b offline

berkinet wrote:
I have just posted a Proliphix plugin to the user contribution library. See this thread.

Very Cool !

Thanks !

Page 1 of 1