Updated to iOS 16 and...

Posted on
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:27 pm
Different Computers offline

Updated to iOS 16 and...

suspiciously, all three of my Nanoleaf devices went offline to Indigo at almost exactly the same time that I updated my phone to iOS 16.

All three (two sets of OG panels and a Canvas) responded to the iOS app. All three started responding to Indigo again once they were power cycled. None of them responded to my normal troubleshooting that I use prior to power cycling.

This is weird for several reasons. I'm used to ONE of these going non-responsive, and have some triggers set up to reconnect the panel via Unify to the network, or to restart the Nanoleaf plugin in Indigo, or both.

Can't recall ever seeing **all** panels going NO ACK at the same time before. And I did upgrade to iOS16 on my phone at almost exactly the time that Unifi reports them getting 0 connectivity.

Super weird.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:22 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Updated to iOS 16 and...

(FWIW.. I was using Unifi Wifi Access Points with some LIFX devices.... they did NOT play well together)

Posted on
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Updated to iOS 16 and...

Thing is, these devices have been in the same environment for quite a while.

I do think Nanoleaf needs to do some serious QA on their networking software and maybe the hardware, but that latter horse is already out of the barn. No, the peculiar thing isn't that one of my nanoleafs became unresponsive--it's that all three of them became unresponsive simultaneously, and that happened suspiciously close to, if not exactly at the time that I upgraded to iOS 16.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1