Problem after Big Sur upgrade

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 1:01 am
marketability offline

Problem after Big Sur upgrade

Hi
Everything was hunky dory with the plugin (Thanks!) until I upgraded my Indigo and Roon server machines to Big Sur

I can'r now seem to get the plugin working. I've deleted an reinstalled but no joy.
I'm getting the following in the log when I try and configure the plugin and the extension isn't appearing in Roon

Code: Select all
Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Any advice?
Thanks

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 2:06 am
autolog offline

Re: Problem after Big Sur upgrade

marketability wrote:
Hi
Everything was hunky dory with the plugin (Thanks!) until I upgraded my Indigo and Roon server machines to Big Sur ...

Thanks for the report.

I have managed to recreate the error on my test system and will investigate and let you know when I have it fixed - hopefully today. :)

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 2:09 am
marketability offline

Thanks Jon - appreciated!

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 5:23 am
autolog offline

This is proving to be a bit more problematic to resolve than anticipated (or hoped for). :|

I did create the error but on a restart of the Indigo server, I couldn't reproduce it and the Config dialogue displayed OK.

I disabled the plugin and also deleted the com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller.indiPref in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins folder before re-enabling the plugin.

So as an interim step, you could try deleting the preferences file as above and restart your Indigo server to see whether the dialogue will display OK.

Also, I had to authorise the plugin via System Settings > Security & Privacy.

It has been suggested (independantly) that it is a problem in the Plugin Startup process; I will continue investigating but you could try the above which has worked for me.

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 6:41 am
marketability offline

Thanks... I did that and the config page appeared OK for the first access and successfully saved the config

after restarting the indigo server... I get the same error again though and the extension isn't available in Roon (also tried stopping/restarting the Roon Core)
By the way... if I try and disable the plugin, it fails to stop gracefully and the indigo log indicates it needed a forced stop

interestingly (?) the indigo log now posts this message every second but didn't't before the Big Sur upgrade

WebServer                       file:///Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ZONE-M-1/Album_Image.png load error: <urlopen error [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ZONE-M-1/Album_Image.png'>

Thanks again for your help with this

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 6:43 am
autolog offline

On further investigation, I can reproduce the problem if the Config dialogue is opened while the Plugin is trying to Register with the Roon Controller and hasn't had a response.

I forced this error by entering an IP Address for a Roon Controller (that doesn't exist) in the Config Dialogue e.g.:

Starting plugin "Roon 0.3.8" (pid 18944)
Roon
============================================== Initialising Roon Controller Plugin ===============================================
Plugin Name: Roon
Plugin Version: 0.3.7
Plugin ID: com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller
Indigo Version: 7.5.0
Indigo API Version: 2.4
Python Version: 2.7.16 (default, Feb 28 2021, 12:34:25) [GCC Apple LLVM 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.19.59.6) [+internal-os, ptrauth-isa=deploy
Mac OS Version: 10.16
==================================================================================================================================

Roon Logging to Indigo Event Log at the 'Info' level
Roon Logging to Plugin Event Log at the 'Info' level
Started plugin "Roon 0.3.7"
Roon Roon API Init
Roon Connecting to Roon server at 192.168.0.10:9100
Roon Connection with roon websockets (re)created.
Roon Registering the app with Roon...
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

I have tested the following steps as a work-around to the problem:
  1. Disable the plugin and wait until the Indigo log confirms the plugin has stopped. You will see a message similar to: Warning process (pid 19376) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now

Stopped plugin "Roon 0.3.7"
  2. Delete the com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller.indiPref in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins folder
  3. Enable the plugin. You will see the following message:
    Started plugin "Roon 0.3.8"
    Roon Error 'Roon Controller' has no Roon Core IP Address specified in Plugin configuration - correct and then restart plugin.
  4. Enter the Roon Controller IP address in the displayed dialogue and set other fields as required. Double check you have got the correct IP address for your Roon Controller.
  5. Save the configuration
  6. Reload the plugin and you should then (hopefully) be good to go but note you may have to enable the Extension in the Roon Controller.

The above worked for me.

Try it out and let me know how you get on. :)

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 am
autolog offline

Just seen your follow-up message.

I would double check that the Roon Controller IP address is correct.
You can also try the previous procedure and also delete the com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller folder.

Update: the above folder is in the /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins folder. :)

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 7:02 am
autolog offline

marketability wrote:
... interestingly (?) the indigo log now posts this message every second but didn't't before the Big Sur upgrade

WebServer                       file:///Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ZONE-M-1/Album_Image.png load error: <urlopen error [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Preferences/Plugins/com.autologplugin.indigoplugin.rooncontroller/ZONE-M-1/Album_Image.png'>

I assume that is referencing a Refreshing Image in a Control Page.

Once you have got the plugin up and running, you will need to double check your zones and link to the correct image file in the Control Page if it has changed.

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 7:14 am
marketability offline

no joy unfortunately (I triple checked the core IP address :-))

I wonder if my problem is at the Roon end as the extension isn't appearing in the Authorisations list (Roon settings)?

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 7:24 am
marketability offline

update: rebooted the Mac running Roon and the extension then appeared and could be enabled!

Thanks for your help with this Jon - much appreciated
now seems to be working A-OK
Have a good weekend!

Posted on
Sat May 01, 2021 7:30 am
autolog offline

Well done, glad it is working for you again. :)

Page 1 of 1