Change the User field in set and get PIN to reference a var

Posted on
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 pm
dscottbuch offline

Change the User field in set and get PIN to reference a var

I've written a very simple MacOS/iOS app to allow management of the User PINs for the lock on my AirBnB using the RESTful interface of Indigo and this Plugin. Having the PIN read from a variable I could set through the REST interface was essential, thanks for adding that earlier. To make it fully generalized it would be nice if the user field in the plugin was the same, so I chance a few lines of the python and xml files accordingly and it works great. It would be nice if became part of the release so I though I'd post this here. Not much of a git user but let me know if I can help, if you want to do this for the few lines of code.

Scott

Posted on
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:53 pm
whmoorejr offline

Re: Change the User field in set and get PIN to reference a

I'm not 100% sure on how you accomplished what you did... but I do have a plugin that I wrote for keeping track of users (and user codes, etc). I wrote the plugin with the ZWave Lock Manger Plugin in mind... in addition to a few other plugins that are "People" centric. So, with my plugin, you create a "person" as a device. You add attributes such as their email, pin code, phone number, etc to use with various other plugins and to be a repository of "People" data that you use elsewhere in indigo. Link to it and some example scripts for using my plugin with pin codes and such are in my signature block.

I would appreciate any feedback if you decide to take my plugin for a spin.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:22 am
howartp offline

Re: Change the User field in set and get PIN to reference a

dscottbuch wrote:
To make it fully generalized it would be nice if the user field in the plugin was the same, so I chance a few lines of the python and xml files accordingly and it works great.

Scott

Drop me a pm and I’ll have a look to see what you’re meaning.

I don’t use GitHub either other than mandatory posting of plugins for the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1