Shelly RGBW2 - Setting RGB values

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:56 am
raoul offline

Shelly RGBW2 - Setting RGB values

While I may have missed something in the setup, I wonder if it’s possible to use the Indigo ‘Light/Application - Set RGBW Levels’ actions. While I have no trouble setting the intensity level and can control the colour directly through the colour picker in the device, it would be useful to be able to be able to adjust colours via triggers / actions etc.

Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 am
aaronlionsheep offline

Re: Shelly RGBW2 - Setting RGB values

Hi Raoul,

Is this the Indigo action you are looking to use? I see I have it implemented and it appears the correct data is being sent to the Shelly device.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 9.13.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 9.13.34 AM.png (139.64 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am
raoul offline

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the feature I'm looking for.

As you say, when you make the changes (set desired colour) the change is transmitted to the device, however if for instance saved as an Action, when I come to reply it (i.e. set that specific colour) I am met with the following error;

ShellyMQTT Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 685, in actionControlDevice
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/ShellyMQTT.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Devices/RGBW2/Shelly_RGBW2_Color.py", line 112, in handleAction
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0.00'

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:13 am
aaronlionsheep offline

raoul wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the feature I'm looking for.

As you say, when you make the changes (set desired colour) the change is transmitted to the device, however if for instance saved as an Action, when I come to reply it (i.e. set that specific colour) I am met with the following error;

ShellyMQTT Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 685, in actionControlDevice
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/Plugins/ShellyMQTT.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Devices/RGBW2/Shelly_RGBW2_Color.py", line 112, in handleAction
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '0.00'

Ah I see what the issue is and I am able to replicate it.

The plugin only expects an integer to be entered in those fields, and Indigo will save your integer inputs as integers. The problem is that when you open that action config UI again, Indigo will convert your entries to a float again by adding the ".00" at the end. Then, when you subsequently save that window, you are saving a float and causing the error.

Long story short, I will get this fixed. The workaround in the meantime is to make sure you change the fields to be integers each time you save that action config UI.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posted on
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:29 am
raoul offline

Thanks, that works around works well.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Page 1 of 1