Hubitat Plugin Beta

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:47 am
autolog offline
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sep 10, 2013
Location: West Sussex, UK [GMT aka UTC]

Hubitat Plugin Beta

Please use this thread for feedback / questions / suggestions on the Hubitat Bridge Plugin. :)

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:10 am
autolog offline
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sep 10, 2013
Location: West Sussex, UK [GMT aka UTC]

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

To get started with this plugin you need to have / do the following (overview):
  • A Hubitat Elevation Hub :wink:
  • An MQTT Broker (suggest Mosquitto running in a Docker container)
  • Install the MQTT App from @kevin aka xAPPO on Github: Forum: [Beta] MQTT beta 3d (released 5th July) and Github: xAPPO/MQTT
  • Configure the MQTT App to publish Hubitat devices you want to monitor / control
  • Install the Hubitat Bridge plugin, add in a Hubitat Elevation device, then add Hubitat devices associated with those published via MQTT

As an aside, I am reluctant to get too involved with explaining how to configure and setup Hubitat unless it is related to this plugin.
Questions on specifics about Hubitat are best directed to the Hubitat forums.

Over the next few weeks I will add a documentation wiki to the Github repository that will explain in more detail how to set this up.

In the meanwhile, be sure to ask questions so that they can either be answered or pointed in the right direction to get the info needed. :)

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:53 am
siclark offline
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
Location: UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Hi Jon,
So my time in last 6 months to push the zigbee2mqtt solution has been entirely zero, and dont see that changing. Is this solution now stable and reliable? I am seriously considering just buying the hubitat to fix some of the niggles I have with the integration of bulbs with Indigo.
I am replacing many of my aqara temperature sensors as just too unreliable but weirdly the switches and buttons work perfectly.

Thanks
Simon

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 am
autolog offline
Posts: 3519
Joined: Sep 10, 2013
Location: West Sussex, UK [GMT aka UTC]

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

siclark wrote:
So my time in last 6 months to push the zigbee2mqtt solution has been entirely zero, and dont see that changing. Is this solution now stable and reliable? I am seriously considering just buying the hubitat to fix some of the niggles I have with the integration of bulbs with Indigo.
I am replacing many of my aqara temperature sensors as just too unreliable but weirdly the switches and buttons work perfectly.


You are asking me to tempt fate! :wink:

Yes, it seems very reliable for me, now that I have ironed out some of the gremlins.

I think the Aqara temperature sensors can be unreliable on the Hubitat although that hasn't been my experience. I think it depends on what Zigbee extenders you have. I use INNR plugs which seem to work OK.

Of course, it has only been tested by myself and a couple of other users AFAIK. The documentation still needs to be completed but you can get support from this forum in the interim.

I am using it for Zigbee temperature sensors (Aqara and Sonoff), Hue motion sensors, scene switches, LED colour strip etc; Z-wave Ring Alarm Keypads (G1 & G2) and Tasmota UK plugs (this doesn't need a Hubitat Elevation Hub).

You will have to install the MQTT Hubitat App on the Hubitat Elevation Hub to get this to work.

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:10 pm
CliveS offline
Posts: 570
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

autolog wrote:
siclark wrote:
So my time in last 6 months to push the zigbee2mqtt solution has been entirely zero, and dont see that changing. Is this solution now stable and reliable? I am seriously considering just buying the hubitat to fix some of the niggles I have with the integration of bulbs with Indigo.
I am replacing many of my aqara temperature sensors as just too unreliable but weirdly the switches and buttons work perfectly.


You are asking me to tempt fate! :wink:

Yes, it seems very reliable for me, now that I have ironed out some of the gremlins.

I think the Aqara temperature sensors can be unreliable on the Hubitat although that hasn't been my experience. I think it depends on what Zigbee extenders you have. I use INNR plugs which seem to work OK.

Of course, it has only been tested by myself and a couple of other users AFAIK. The documentation still needs to be completed but you can get support from this forum in the interim.

I am using it for Zigbee temperature sensors (Aqara and Sonoff), Hue motion sensors, scene switches, LED colour strip etc; Z-wave Ring Alarm Keypads (G1 & G2) and Tasmota UK plugs (this doesn't need a Hubitat Elevation Hub).

You will have to install the MQTT Hubitat App on the Hubitat Elevation Hub to get this to work.


Si,
Get the Hub, bin the Aqara's, nothing but trouble I found.
I think Jon and I need to put together a list of reliable Zigbee devices that work with Indigo.

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.0 : MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:19 pm
siclark offline
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
Location: UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Yeah. Sonoff temp sensors much better if a little bigger. The aqara switches though and buttons are good.
Can you pair a switch direct to a bulb using the hubitat?

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:48 pm
CliveS offline
Posts: 570
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

siclark wrote:
Yeah. Sonoff temp sensors much better if a little bigger. The aqara switches though and buttons are good.
Can you pair a switch direct to a bulb using the hubitat?


No idea, never tried, as far as I am concerned they are both Indigo devices and Indigo controls them. I never saw any reason to even look at how Hubitat controls devices but Jon may have an answer to that.

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.0 : MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:56 pm
siclark offline
Posts: 1578
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
Location: UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

It takes indigo out of the picture. The on off , double click to dim/brighten, hold to change temp onthe zigbee switch is direct to the zigbee bulb so faster than going via indigo.

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:36 am
MarcoGT offline
Posts: 780
Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Location: Germany

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Hi,

thanks a lot!
I have just a quick question: the idea is therefore to have ZigBee integrated into Indigo, right?
Plug Hubitat to network, connect a ZigBee sensor to Hubitat and add it into Indigo with the plugin, am I right?

Any kind of ZigBee sensor will work? Also with voice control?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:10 am
CliveS offline
Posts: 570
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

MarcoGT wrote:
Hi,

thanks a lot!
I have just a quick question: the idea is therefore to have ZigBee integrated into Indigo, right?
Plug Hubitat to network, connect a ZigBee sensor to Hubitat and add it into Indigo with the plugin, am I right?

Any kind of ZigBee sensor will work? Also with voice control?

Thanks
Marco


Yes it will allow you to use Zigbee (and Zwave) modules in Indigo as easy as native Indigo devices.
Plug Hubitat to network, connect a ZigBee sensor to Hubitat and add it into Indigo with the plugin,


Yes but you will need an MQTT broker such as Mosquitto as well.

autolog wrote:
To get started with this plugin you need to have / do the following (overview):
  • A Hubitat Elevation Hub :wink:
  • An MQTT Broker (suggest Mosquitto running in a Docker container)
  • Install the MQTT App from @kevin aka xAPPO on Github: Forum: [Beta] MQTT beta 3d (released 5th July) and Github: xAPPO/MQTT
  • Configure the MQTT App to publish Hubitat devices you want to monitor / control
  • Install the Hubitat Bridge plugin, add in a Hubitat Elevation device, then add Hubitat devices associated with those published via MQTT


Any kind of ZigBee sensor will work? Also with voice control?


Most Zigbee sensors will work, I have just today received a Neo Coolcam Zigbee motion sensor that does not have a driver yet and also stay well clear of Xiaomi Aqara sensors but apart from that the zigbee range is large and a lot cheaper that zwave.
Voice Control, both Siri and Alexa are fine, I have also added Shelly devices and Tasmota mains plugs.

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.0 : MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:16 am
MarcoGT offline
Posts: 780
Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Location: Germany

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Thanks a lot for all the info.
It seems that to get in EU (Germany) is much more expensive...

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:30 am
CliveS offline
Posts: 570
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

MarcoGT wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the info.
It seems that to get in EU (Germany) is much more expensive...


It looks like the EU price is €125.00 (which is £107.00 UK equivalent and we get charged £135.00 plus carriage) so not sure what price you have seen?

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.0 : MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:39 am
MarcoGT offline
Posts: 780
Joined: Sep 11, 2014
Location: Germany

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Yes plus import tax :|
Did you check on the official website?

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:45 am
CliveS offline
Posts: 570
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
Location: Medomsley, County Durham, UK

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

No, just carriage !!!

All prices in this store are of VAT 23% inclusive. The price you see is the price you pay + shipping.

We ship from the EU so you do not pay any import taxes.

Shipping prices are just as we pay to the courier or even less than that.

We deliver mostly by DPD. Some locations are serviced by GLS. All shipping comes with full tracking.

We aim at shipping on the same working day but we need to order a shipment before 11.20 CET (UTC+1, GMT +1, Warsaw, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Prague time)

The payment by credit/debit card is handled by Stripe - the world's finest and most secure card payment provider.


https://hubitat-shop.eu/category/hubitat

So no excuse :)

CliveS

Indigo 2021.1.0 : MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 : Mac mini Server (Mid 2011) : 2 GHz Core i7. : 8 GB. : 2 x 256GB Samsung EVO SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pm
Sevilsivle offline
Posts: 121
Joined: Jan 11, 2013

Re: Hubitat Plugin Beta

Ultrasmart is based in Poland, so no tax/VAT when shipped in the EU.
I bought a C7 a few months ago. Delivery to Germany within 2 days.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests