Reflector errors

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:14 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Reflector errors

Doesn't mean that AT&T hasn't made a change recently that could be causing the errors. This sounds suspiciously like an error another user reported where their ISP was forcing connections to drop.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:18 pm
gadgetnut offline

Noted, thanks for the feedback. We are on schedule to get Starlink service later this year.

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:21 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'm not sure if anyone has tried Starlink with Indigo reflector yet. I do know that Starlink uses CGNAT (carrier grade NAT) so you won't be able to do port-forwarding inbound to your Indigo server.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:24 pm
gadgetnut offline

Yep, I'd like to start a new thread on Starlink Indigo. Perhaps Matt or Jay could tell me the best place to post?

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

gadgetnut wrote:
We are getting recurrent error
Code: Select all
Error reflector connection test failed: unable to connect to server
Our Reflector URL seems to load reliably. Indigo Touch seems to work reliably. After a fresh restart of Mac Mini, the reflector error seems to go away for a short while.
In addition to the Reflector error we are also experiencing recurring errors with Python scripts that had been working perfectly for 3+ years.

It was suggested to me that the "server closed the connection" could also point to a general networking problem as opposed to a new problem with scripts that have been in place for years.

Where should I direct my attention? What do you suspect is happening if network problems creep in after a restart? Problem at the router or software (reinstall macOS or Indigo?) or possible hardware problem at Mac Mini?

I think the most relevant information is probably from the other thread where you said:

gadgetnut wrote:
As we deliberate if it is our Python scripts that need a structural revision, I wanted you to know that when I first remote logged into this Mac Mini to try your script, Safari or Chrome could not load the webpage on the LAN for the Somfy web server, 192.168.1.73. I tried to load the router at 192.168.1.1 and that wouldn't load either. We restarted the Mac Mini, then the Somfy webpage did load and your revised script did work.

If safari/chrome cannot make the connection to that IP address (and your router), then there is something wrong with your local network. I don't know what is going wrong, but it could be something related to your router, Mac, or any of the networking gear (switches, cables) between the two. I'm not sure about the best troubleshooting tips for that, but if I had more than one Mac I would probably see if it has the same problems at the same time, and I would connect them behind the same switch (or to the same WAP).

gadgetnut wrote:
Yep, I'd like to start a new thread on Starlink Indigo. Perhaps Matt or Jay could tell me the best place to post?

This same sub-forum this thread is fine, since your concerns are probably related to how Indigo reflectors work on Starlink.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:16 am
davinci offline

I am getting this error:

Code: Select all
   Error                           Unable to authenticate with IndigoDomo.com (server might be down temporarily for maintenance).

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

This error often means that there's a network issue that's impeding your Indigo Server from communicating with our hosted server (www.indigodomo.com). Try hitting that from a browser on the same Mac and see if that works. Also, if you have any firewalls enabled disable them and see if the problem persists.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:46 am
davinci offline

It is a new installation. Browser works and no firewall installed.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ok - I just looked at your license on our servers (this isn't a reflector error) and it shows that it's not activated at all. Is your server actually up and running? Try rebooting your Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm
davinci offline

Yes the server software is running. I transferred it from an old Mac.
I rebooted many times already though.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you re-run the installer on the new Mac (you cannot just copy over the previous install)?

Also from that Mac can you login to your Indigo Account here from Safari?

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:34 pm
davinci offline

Yes, I reinstalled and copied the preferences over. I activated the license from that computer.

It is a M1 Mac.

Posted on
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Again:

From that Mac can you login to your Indigo Account here from Safari?

Also, what specifically is not working? The error you pasted isn't related to reflectors. Copy/paste your entire Event Log window (after an Indigo Server restart) into a reply so we can get more of a scope on the problem.

Posted on
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:25 am
davinci offline

I did login to activate the license. But I will try again.
Not sure if reflector works. Will check as well.

I never had the error before. It appears first right after opening Indigo and while it is open.

Posted on
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:07 pm
davinci offline

I can login. The reflector status is active.

Here are some things iI noticed:
If I search for updates I get this error as well. This might also explain the error on start because it searches for updates,
I can't choose to edit my license (see photo).

Please keep in mind, my account might not match the account in the forum.

So yes, it works but I might not get any updates.

I also reinstalled 7.5 once again. Still the same.
Attachments
license.png
license greyed out
license.png (123.2 KiB) Viewed 4367 times