connecting Indigo to MagicMirror

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:36 pm
dherren offline

connecting Indigo to MagicMirror

I've searched the forum but haven't found what I'm looking for. Here's what I would like to do: I'd like to be able to post some data from Indigo (eg., temperature/humidity from a sensor) to my MagicMirror. This may not be the appropriate place to ask this, but this community has been enormously helpful in the past.

I've been barking up the JSON tree seeing that there is a JSON Broadcast plugin that may publish the data I'm looking for and there is a JSON module for the MagicMirror. I just don't know how to effectively connect these two. The JSON broadcast plugin (watching with debug turned on) seems to publish the kind of data I'm hoping for if the log is correct.

My question (and it may be very much a newbie question), is WHERE does this data get published? I know it defaults to port 8087. Would I simply point the MagicMirror json module at a URL like:

"http://192.168.1.xx:8087"?

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: connecting Indigo to MagicMirror

Does the Magic Mirror poll for data, or is it expecting the data to be sent to it? Got a link for this JSON module you're talking about?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:07 pm
mundmc offline

Re: connecting Indigo to MagicMirror

I am definitely interested if you figure out the javascript side of this.

In the interim, on my Magic Mirror I use an embedded web page for my control pages. I imagine you could whip up a simple Control Page in Indigo (white font on black background) and view it through the web page on the mirror.

Note- Because of the authentication Indigo needs to log in to a Control Page, I run Magic Mirror in a web browser and hit F11 for full-screen. This lets me enter the login info.

Page 1 of 1