Hue Lights discussion

Posted on
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 am
nsheldon offline

Re: Hue Lights discussion

Version 1.7.39 Posted

• Added support for a new Hue Play model.
  • Added support for 2 new GLEDOPTO lights.
  • Added support for the Hue Lily XL outdoor light.
  • Added support for new Hue White (dimming only) lights.
  • Fixed a bug with ambiance (color temperature only) lights that would cause an error if the White Level in the Indigo client was changed.

Posted on
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Jann.

Yes. The Hue Lights plugin already supports the LWA008 model.

I don't want the plugin to hold you back from getting new lights. If you don't mind waiting a week or two for a plugin update, go ahead and get any light you want for your Hue setup. If it works with the Hue bridge and isn't recognized by the Hue Lights plugin, I'll add support in the next release (assuming I can get the model ID and light capabilities from you provided in the past).

Jann wrote:
Nathan, It's me again: "Mr. Well, I'm just gonna buy a bulb I don't know if is in the Plugin's repertoire..." 8)

So, I saw new Hue 1600lm's (model LWA008). They're basically a 1600 lumen version of the normal Hue White A21 (Soft White).
It's 17W. (and BTW: are THEY LIGHTER than the older 800lumen Hue bulbs!) :D

It's info is: MODEL: LWA008, SW: 1.55.7_r28193.

Does the plug-in handle these? I don't wanna try it yet cos Indigo controls the lights it is gonna replace.

Thanks in advance!

Jann Gobble

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.40 Posted

• Added support for a new Hue white and color GU10 bulb.

Posted on
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:46 am
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.41 Posted

• Fixed support for a Hue white and color GU10 bulb.

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:26 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.42 Posted

• Added support for a new GLEDOPTO light.
  • Added support for an Ikea FLOALT 30x30 color temperature light panel
  • Added support for the Hue Gradient Lightstrip.
  • Added support for the Lidl smart plug.
  • Added support for the Lidl LivarnoLux Led color temperature bulb.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 am
cesarvog offline

nsheldon wrote:
Hi steinis.

Thanks for sharing the deCONZ information. I hadn't heard of that ZigBee hub before. That's actually quite nice that they're using such a similar API. It certainly makes writing applications and plugins to use it easier.

As you pointed out, modifying the Hue Lights plugin to work with the deCONZ hub appears to be somewhat trivial, but adding support for the large and expanding list of additional ZigBee devices might be where most of the work comes in.

I have no good way to test new code against a deCONZ hub or any associated devices, and the additional time required to handle end user support is probably more than I am able to provide. However, the Hue Lights plugin code and content is available on GitHub. So, one could either branch that repository to create a new deCONZ variant of the Hue Lights plugin, or just borrow any code in there to be included in a deCONZ plugin.

steinis wrote:
Hi Nathan

I was working on a deCONZ plugin for indigo when I so that the guys making the deCONZ hub are using the same format as the HUE API.
so I have a big question for you:)
Would it be an idea to integrate the deCONZ hub into the Hue plugin?

I have it running fine with your plugin now, only added the gateway name to the "dirty check";) (if "Philips hue bridge" not in r.content or "Phoscon-GW" not in r.content:)
So thats the easy part, the job is adding all the new devices supported by deCONZ(Not Hue).

I fully understand if this is to much, but since the gateways are so similar I needed to ask:)

Mr. Sheldon,

I want to thank you for developing and always enhancing this awesome Indigo plugin. I have used it with my Hue Bridge v2 for some years and it always worked flawlessly.
Just this week I decided to replace my Hue Bridge with a new solution, based on a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB sporting a new Dresden Elektronik CONBEE II Zigbee USB Gateway (also known as deCONZ), which acts as the new Zigbee controller (https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2). I would like to let you know that I was pleasantly surprised to verify that your plugin also works perfectly with it.

The CONBEE II interface is not only small, and hardware manufacturer agnostic, it's also more powerful than the original Hue Bridge, which means it has a larger range. I was able to add 10 Hue lights, on different parts of the (brick and mortar) house, to it with no problem. Never had to move bulbs from their original location to get them to talk with the CONBEE II located on my network cabinet which lives right in the middle of my home.

All have been working as expected based on my Indigo schedules. All I had to do was re-assign device numbers inside my original Hue Groups in Indigo.

For people enjoying Raspberry Pi computers:, Dresden Elektronik also manufactures a similar interface, the RASPBEE II (https://phoscon.de/en/raspbee2), which connects to the Pi's GPIO pins. I see no reason why this internal interface won't also work with the Hue Lights plugin, since the software running on the Raspberry Pi to talk with the Zigbee interface is exactly the same.

Even though I deployed my new Zigbee controller also by using a RPi, I chose to go the USB way because I'm not quite sure I will never find the need to move it to my Mac computer in the future...

Once again, thank you very much for all your hard work and expertise.

Stay safe. I wish you and you family wonderful Holidays.

Cesar

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:03 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi Cesar.

That's great news! I'm glad the plugin works so well with that solution without any modifications. I'm guessing they designed the CONBEE II to easily fill in for a Hue bridge. Sounds like a great alternative for Hue users. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:01 pm
cesarvog offline

I do not know the first thing about developing a plugin and I also have no access to the Philips Hue REST API (which seem to exist, but only to registered users), but I was able to find the deCONZ REST API here: https://dresden-elektronik.github.io/de ... g_started/

I don't know, but maybe you would be interested in comparing it to the deCONZ REST API...

Based on the results with the Hue Lights plugin working with a deCONZ device, I'm willing to make an educated guess that the API's will be mostly the same, if not identical...

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:12 am
nsheldon offline

Hi Cesar.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out, though I can't guarantee I'll have time to make any modifications to the plugin based on that info. We'll see.

Posted on
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:27 am
amannone offline

Hi. First, thanks for a great plugin.
Could you add support for the LWA007 "Hue white Lamp" (sic) as reported by the Hue App?

I just started to get into the Hue ecosystem after becoming frustrated with my LIFX bulbs dropping off my network often. For past few versions of the hue plugin, I've been adding in that model to the "Living Whites" in the supportedDevices.py to enable these bulbs.

The bulb has this printed on it:
Hue white
A19 7w 80mA 2700k
110-130Vac 50/60
Model: 9290022775

Thanks again for this plugin

Posted on
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:33 am
nsheldon offline

Hi.

Thanks for sharing the info. Glad the plugin has been useful for you, and I'm happy to add support for that.

I'll add support for that light in the next release.

Posted on
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:21 pm
nsheldon offline

Version 1.7.43 Posted

• Added support for a new Hue Ambiance downlight.
  • Added support for a new Hue white dimmable light.
  • Added support for another GLEDOPTO color/color temperature light strip.
  • Added support for another GLEDOPTO color/color temperature bulb.
  • Added support for another Hue Smart Plug (Australia version).

Posted on
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm
michaelu offline

New Hue Spot Lights Not Showing up in Indigo: (White and Color Ambiance BR30)

Greetings, love the plug -in, thank you for such great software.

Just today i installed 13 new Hue spotlights (White and Color Ambiance BR30) , they paired fine with the Hue app, but they don't show up in Hue Plug list in Indigo, all other lights show up, just not the new spotlights. (oddly I can control them via their groups, but they don't pull into the list individually)

On the box is shows model number 9290022175 - is this just a new and unsupported model? Or is there a different location to find these lights in Hue Plug-in.

Other than these 13 new bulbs, everything else shows up as expected, and they are all the same model number.

Thanks in advance, happy to provide any information needed to add them if needed.

-MichaelU

Posted on
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:19 pm
nsheldon offline

Hi MichaelU.

I'm glad the plugin has been useful. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Yes, it's probably a new model not yet recognized by the Hue Lights plugin. I can add support in the next patch release of the plugin. The model listed on the package isn't always the model ID reported by the device to the Hue bridge, so I'll need a bit more info from you. Could you either share a screenshot or type out exactly what you see in the Hue app for one of the new BR30 bulbs when you go to the "Settings" section of the Hue app, then "Light setup", then touch one of the new lights to display its detailed info? I need the exact model listed on that screen in order to add support.

Posted on
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:43 pm
michaelu offline

Screen shot attached, text as follows:

Hue color downlight
Manufacturer: Signify Netherlands B.V.
Model: LCB001
SW: 1.53.3_r27175
Room: Great Room

I hope that helps, will look fwd to the patch, happy to provide anything else if needed, THANKS AGAIN!
Attachments
NewHue-BR30-Screenshot.jpg
NewHue-BR30-Screenshot.jpg (128.35 KiB) Viewed 2547 times

Page 82 of 103 1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 103