HomeKit Bridge's Future, Etc

Posted on
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

HomeKit Bridge's Future, Etc

I'm still around guys! As some of you know I own multiple businesses and when things get busy they get busy! I've been quite buried with work projects and still have plans to give a lot of love to HomeKit Bridge but it's really so stable that there hasn't been a pressing need. As for my other plugins there are always new things I can add (and that is the pitfall of plugin development, if you aren't careful the work never ends. I typically go through spurts where I have down time on my work projects and just get obsessed with massive Indigo plugin updates and hopefully that time will pop up again really soon.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm alive and well and hopefully updates across the board are coming soon. I've been lucky that HKB has been so stable - so much so that I still do 99.9% of everything in my home automation via Siri on my iOS devices and HomePods. And Indigo has been so stable that I just hardly even have to open it anymore.

While I miss coming here and hanging out on the forums all day I just haven't had spare coding time but I try to answer the Git issues when I can and get on here to answer some questions too :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 am
WagnerOne offline

Re: HomeKit Bridge's Future, Etc

Thanks for all your hard work and great plug-ins! :D

Posted on
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks for the alive "ping" :-), and thanks for all your contributions to the Indigo community!

Posted on
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:35 am
Trwesq offline

Just wanted to also express my thanks for HomeKit Bridge. It’s a fantastic plug-in and has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:58 am
Mirko offline

Homekit Bridge Plug-in PROBLEM

HI

Until I upgraded Indigo to 7.4 Homekit worked flawless.
I upgraded a short time ago but recently I saw an endless:

HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start '3 hoog All OFF'
Trigger Homekit 3 hoog ALL OFF RUNNING
HomeKit Bridge Server '3 hoog All OFF' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit kitchen LED 3'
Trigger Homekit Kitchen LED 3 RUNNING[

repeating again and again after a few seconds.

I disabled the plugin. It would only quit after a force quit from the plugin itself.

I cannot configure the plugin anymore and I cannot add more devices. The wheel keeps turning....

I have Indigo running on a headless MacMini 10.12.6

I downloaded the plugin again, reinstalled it but nothing changed.

o 0
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start '3 hoog All OFF'
Trigger Homekit 3 hoog ALL OFF RUNNING
Hue Lights received "VSE HAL HUE Motion sensor TEMPeratuur " sensor update to 16.8 ºC
HomeKit Bridge Server '3 hoog All OFF' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
Z-Wave received "073 - TH boven aanrecht Ultraviolet" sensor update to 0
Hue Lights received "Hue Motion Sensor 1 BADKAMER 2 HOOG BAD TEMPERATUUR" sensor update to 18.9 ºC
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit kitchen LED 3'
Trigger Homekit Kitchen LED 3 RUNNING
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runDialogForMenuAction() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
HomeKit Bridge Server 'Homekit kitchen LED 3' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
Z-Wave received "089 - Luminance VSE Talud" sensor update to 0 lux
Z-Wave received "037 - Luminance Talud UP" sensor update to 15 lux
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start '1ste verdieping alle lichten uit'
Trigger Homekit 1ste verdieping alle lichten uit RUNNING
HomeKit Bridge Server '1ste verdieping alle lichten uit' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
Z-Wave received "074 - Temperature - KUBUS bij raamwerkbank"

Anybody any idea?

Thanks

Mirko

Posted on
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:15 pm
jaj737@gmail.com offline

Homekit bridge was nice while it worked but always seemed buggy. Now I cannot start the plugin at all. mac os 10.15.5
Any ideas on how to restart it?

Posted on
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

jaj737@gmail.com wrote:
Homekit bridge was nice while it worked but always seemed buggy. Now I cannot start the plugin at all. mac os 10.15.5
Any ideas on how to restart it?

Maybe if you started your own thread describing your issue, with the log entries when it fails to start, someone could help you.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:49 pm
justlen offline

I'm having the same issue once I updated to 10.15.5

I tried deleting my HK device, disabled the plugin, deleting all of the Prefs and starting again from scratch. I enable the plugin, then when I attempt to add devices I receive errors:

Code: Select all
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:14 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:47 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Device line 3595: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'device' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'devicefiltered':

HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in plugin.serverFormFieldChanged_Action line 3654: 'key objectType not found in dict'
                      CODE: if valuesDict['objectType'] == 'action' or valuesDict['objectType'] == 'actionfiltered':

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:07 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 896: ('key includedDevices not found in dict', u'Server Id: 81579367', u'Server data: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge : (dict)')
                      CODE: includedDevices = json.loads(serverProps["includedDevices"])

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:29 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Warning          Apple Music is defaulting to a HomeKit switch because the device type cannot be determined but does not support On/Off and likely won't do anything in HomeKit
   HomeKit Bridge Error            Exception in homekit.getStashRecordForObject line 896: ('key includedDevices not found in dict', u'Server Id: 81579367', u'Server data: com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge : (dict)')

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'HK Bridge' has changed ports or users, validating config

Posted on
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm
Doctor Q offline

justlen wrote:
I'm having the same issue once I updated to 10.15.5

I tried deleting my HK device, disabled the plugin, deleting all of the Prefs and starting again from scratch. I enable the plugin, then when I attempt to add devices I receive errors:

Code: Select all
Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:14 PM

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:44:47 PM

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:07 PM

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:45:29 PM
   HomeKit Bridge Warning          Apple Music is defaulting to a HomeKit switch because the device type cannot be determined but does not support On/Off and likely won't do anything in HomeKit

HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'HK Bridge' has changed ports or users, validating config
You probably didn’t delete the HK Bridge in the Home app on your iPhone. Do that, then try again.
Chuck

Posted on
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:11 am
Umtauscher offline

Hi Colorado4Wheeler,

I just wanted to thank you for your great plugin.
When security issues came up some ime ago (I think it was still ios 12) I disabled Homekit completely.
Just today I reactivated it and installed you Homekit Bridge replacing Homekit Buddy.
I am just thrilled how good your plugin has become. I experienced no problems to get everything working again.

So thanks again for your work.
Cheers

Wilhelm

Posted on
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:32 pm
jamesm offline

Hi, I echo the thanks for all the great work on this and all of the other plug ins.

im having. problem with HomeKit bridge plug in.

I create something like a light server - simply a list of Insteon switches that I want to create HomeKit icons for.
(new- HomeKit bridge- accessory server - manage devices,... - then add in the devices and save)

I see the server stays as running and go to add accessory in my iPhone and nothing happens after I enter in the 031-45-154 code.

- the event log shows nothing as well.
says HomeKit bridge is loaded and ready to use.

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:50 am
cesarvog offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I'm still around guys! As some of you know I own multiple businesses and when things get busy they get busy! I've been quite buried with work projects and still have plans to give a lot of love to HomeKit Bridge but it's really so stable that there hasn't been a pressing need. As for my other plugins there are always new things I can add (and that is the pitfall of plugin development, if you aren't careful the work never ends. I typically go through spurts where I have down time on my work projects and just get obsessed with massive Indigo plugin updates and hopefully that time will pop up again really soon.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm alive and well and hopefully updates across the board are coming soon. I've been lucky that HKB has been so stable - so much so that I still do 99.9% of everything in my home automation via Siri on my iOS devices and HomePods. And Indigo has been so stable that I just hardly even have to open it anymore.

While I miss coming here and hanging out on the forums all day I just haven't had spare coding time but I try to answer the Git issues when I can and get on here to answer some questions too :).

I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on this and all your other plugins.
I'm just starting integrating my Indigo setup with HomeKit, but the results look encouraging.

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:56 pm
7rdr7 offline

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 pm
Korey offline

7rdr7 wrote:
https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/HomeKit-Bridge/commit/ea2df2646d7d673c5a4b8fccc8f7db0ac18f4865

:o :( :cry:

You will be missed, thank you for so many fantastic contributions over the years.

--
Korey

Posted on
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:16 pm
Espressomatic offline

Well, good luck, and fingers crossed we see the author back.

In terms of Time/money balance, it doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes to find out that Indigo is much much lower in price than HA, even after factoring in the price of an old Mac (which can be had for the same amount as a current RPi). Eventually, everyone will figure that out and that HA is well suited for people who love to spend time working for their system rather than having their system work for them. Maybe the situation will be different in 5 or more years, but that's the way it stands today and for the foreseeable future.