Hive Plugin

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 am
RPRobinson offline

Hive Plugin

Hi - I am getting the following error with the plugin - have tried to stop/re-start it and also to remove credentials in configure but doesn't make a difference ?

Hive Error Hive authorisation error: <class 'requests.exceptions.HTTPError'>, 410 Client Error: Gone for url: https://api-prod.bgchprod.info:443/omnia/auth/sessions
Hive Will try again in 1 minute

Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks.

Thanks
Richard

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:19 am
racarter offline

Re: Hive Plugin

It seems Hive have switched off the authorisation server the plugin uses! There's a solution though, using a different authorisation server and method.

I've rewritten the authorisation code and uploaded a new version to the Plugin Store. Give it a try and let me know if you have any further problems.

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:49 am
RPRobinson offline

That looks to have fixed it - many thanks for the prompt response and resolution racarter.

Thanks
Richard

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 am
Mayhem offline

Hi Just updated plugin but am now getting

Hive Error Hive authorisation error: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>, [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:590)

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :-)

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 am
racarter offline

A quick Google search produced this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44316292/ssl-sslerror-tlsv1-alert-protocol-version

Are you running an old MacOS/Python? Hive have upgraded their authorisation security so if you are it seems you might have to update your Mac - but don't install Python 3!

Posted on
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:23 am
Mayhem offline

Many thanks. Running old Mac so upgrade may break things.

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:45 am
mkbean offline

It seems with the auth change i have 2 factor auth - is there a way to log the plugin in when hive is sending me a verification code each time it tries?

Posted on
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:08 am
racarter offline

No. You’d have to switch off TFA.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:30 am
RPRobinson offline

Hi getting the following error - credentials all configured ok - any ideas please ?

Starting plugin "Hive 1.1.0" (pid 41628)
Started plugin "Hive 1.1.0"
Hive Starting Hive plugin
Hive Renewing Session ID
Hive Error Hive authorisation error: <class 'requests.exceptions.HTTPError'>, 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://beekeeper.hivehome.com/1.0/cognito/login
Hive Will try again in 1 minute

Thanks
Richard

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:20 am
racarter offline

Looking through the Hive forums is seems that Hive have changed the API authentication process AGAIN. I haven't found a workaround for this but I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately Hive do not publish any documentation for the API so the plugin was written using reverse-engineered API calls. Since Hive don't publish their API they can change it at any time; all they have to do is to update their phone apps to suit.

Developers are quitting Hive as a result of this, and I'm considering joining them. I don't use Hive myself; the plugin was written for a friend; nonetheless I'll try to fix the current issue but it may prove impossible - and in any case I'm pretty sure they'll do this again before long.

I'd urge anyone looking for an Indigo-compatible thermostat to think carefully before committing to Hive!

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:52 am
racarter offline

Update:

Unfortunately Hive have now permanently disabled username and password authentication for their API. You now have to externally generate the Hive tokens and paste them into the plugin code. As you will see from the link below, this is not a trivial process.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-hive-connect-v3-2c-british-gas-hive/103473

I don't think that this is a feasible solution for most users, so in view of this change I'm afraid this plugin will have to be withdrawn. I'm not sure how many users there are, but if any user has any suggestions I'd be interested to hear them.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:38 am
RPRobinson offline

Thanks for investigating quickly - its a shame however understandable from your perspective.

Thanks
Richard

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Taking a quick glance at the code seems to indicate that they are using OAuth (specifically against Amazon's AWS server, so presumably authenticating with an Amazon account). There are a few other plugins that are managing OAuth authentications, so perhaps one of those devs can jump in and help if you want to try to implement it in your plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1