kw123 offline

homeAway - presence .. discussion

pls put your comments / requests here

Posted on
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 am
kw123 offline

Re: homeAway - presence .. discussion

Thanks Karl!
Q: I am unclear what you mean when you write devices that “broadcast” their status. Is that the same as an Insteon door sensor sending a 1 or 0, or as a piBeacon that is home/away/expired?

Never mind- just saw the updates for broadcasting for your other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is using the new indigo api functionality (v 7.1) that allows individual plugins to selectively broadcast messages to other indigo plugins.
So instead of subscribing to ALL indigo updates in the receiving plugin you just listen to some fewer messages.

that requires two things:
1. the sendplugin must send a std message format
2. the receiving must receive must be able to receive that message and interpret it.

the format I used is:
{'pluginId': name of plugin', 'data': [{'name': u'name of devices, 'id': 'indigoid of device, 'state': 'the name of the device statee', 'valueForON': 'eg up 1 on auf open AN,..', 'action': 'event', 'newValue': u'eg up down expired ..'}]}
if other developers would like to add this .. ideally for alarm systems and may be Jay / matt could do this for insteon/ wave (motion) sensors

happy to discuss the format = open to any suggestions

currently fingscan, piBeacon, UniFi can transmit and homeAway can receive.

I will be adding my caddx alarm system, but that is a private plugin.. if anyone is interested i can share.

I will be out of town for a week and will work a little on the format, (logging, menus etc as it is hard to test sensors when you are not home.)

fun the next version I would like to add
log stats
log the logic
add some more logic for other sensors door 1 must have opened or closed but not door2 = where did you come in front/ back

Karl

Posted on
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:31 pm
siclark offline

Hi Karl,

I think I am going to need a worked example.... I cant figure this out. Also do I need to set up your unifi plugin to work, or should it just do so? I cant see my unifi devices under the sensors..
Love the idea..
Thanks

Posted on
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm
kw123 offline

this plugin should be an "inteligent" trigger. - it does not have any internal devices/states. It will use only device/states from other plugins.

then sets some timers / gates to allow/ disallow triggers ie door sets gate -100 secs +200 secs. will only accept status change of eg BLEconnect device in that time window.
So if at night you go to sleep and do not open the door then your presence will NOT change .. only when you open the door.
-100 secs because an ibeacon should show up before you open the door when you go home. While when you leave you open the door first and then the ibeacon goes down when you walk away

In order to give it info the sending plugin has to send broadcasts for all / or selected devices. so far only fingscan, unifi and piobeacon can do this.

A door devices can be any device that is binary.

... we can do an online session, it is much easier to do than to write it up..

Karl

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:07 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Karl,

Does this work as a presence sensor for different devices - ie if I come home and want a trigger for lights to come on and at another time my wife comes home and I want the TV in the Family Room to turn on, or is this only for all sensors home or away?

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:15 pm
kw123 offline

You can setup triggers/ events with members as you see fit.
So eg iphone1 + iPhone + timegate door 1
Then all /one - home /away can be used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi,

I installed and then deleted a couple entities in the variable list when I disabled the plugin, now after I completely removed the plugin (removed plugin (disabled) and preferences plugins) and reinstalled - I'm having an error that it cannot find a device ID key:
homeAway Error Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 745, in filterExistingDevices
KeyError: key id 837522819 not found in database

What's a good solution to get back to establishing devices that it can track and get out of this error message?

Thank you,
Daniel
Last edited by EagleDTW on Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:30 pm
EagleDTW offline

Thank you Karl for the response.

I jumped to another solution too quickly without researching all the required system needs and now want to come back to this one, and of course have mucked it up pretty well. The work flows that you spell out of multiple devices tracked but single device notification of presence is exactly what I need. Much appreciated for any advice you may have to get back up and running.

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:58 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Karl,

Finally started working again after resetting fingscan devices, but now have issue with setting up a trigger, I think I may need a walk through of the set up, as it is a little to abstract to gather from the entries in the trigger action screen.

Do you have a chance to possibly connect and explain if possible?

Thank you,
Daniel

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:04 pm
EagleDTW offline

Hi Karl,

Everything is working, but I get this error filling up my log screen:
homeAway Error Line '1595' ; error=''key triggerTimeLast not found in dict''

Any thoughts on what this might be - I'm sure I've misconfigured somewhere?

Thank you,
Daniel

Page 1 of 1