Issue after upgrading to Catalina

Posted on
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:44 pm
norcoscia offline

Issue after upgrading to Catalina

Hi, I just updated my Indigo machine's OS to Catalina and I'm getting an error with HomeKit.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do???????
Attachments
2020-10-12_13-42-02.jpeg
2020-10-12_13-42-02.jpeg (21.83 KiB) Viewed 3615 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Issue after upgrading to Catalina

Right click on the plugin file and select "Open". Then confirm at the dialog.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:01 pm
norcoscia offline

When I do that I get an Indigo that says this plug-in is already enabled (see below) - Then I click "enable if necessary" but it just comes back with the same error?

my log
Oct 12, 2020 at 2:52:32 PM
Indigo Cocoa client connected
v1.0.2 of plugin HomeKit Bridge is already installed and enabled
Reloading plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
Stopping plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 4623)
Stopped plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
Starting plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2" (pid 8930)
HomeKit Bridge Caching all HomeKit Bridge devices...
Started plugin "HomeKit Bridge 1.0.2"
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Homekit Server'
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
Schedule Crawlspace Temp to Crawlspace Temp Variable
Schedule Update clock
HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:53:38 PM
Indigo Cocoa client disconnected

Oct 12, 2020 at 2:53:56 PM
HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Homekit Server' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.

If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder
HomeKit Bridge Attempting to stop 'Homekit Server'

Help :-(
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.55.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 2.55.50 PM.png (25.08 KiB) Viewed 3584 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:11 pm
FlyingDiver offline

In Terminal, enter:

Code: Select all
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine <path to plugin>

Put the path to the plugin at the end of the command.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:45 pm
norcoscia offline

So I had this problem with the SONOS plug-in also and I ran the command below (after finding it in a SONOS thread) - it fixed the SONOS problem but had no effect on the Homekit plug-in error.

I'll try it again using your version which is about the same (sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins)

Orginal was (sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Plugins)

Nope same thing - error dialog pops up a few times and then the Homekit plug-in goes belly up. Same error message in log ....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 pm
norcoscia offline

Anybody in Indigo world have any ideas how to fix this - I have tried everything (including the detailed uninstall and reinstall steps Matt listed in a similar SONOS thread issue).

I can’t seem to get it to work..... Sigh

Wish Apple would fix crap like this instead of having half the apple staff designing emoji s....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:24 pm
mattmcd offline

Hi,

I believe I encountered the same problem and was able to solve it. I just installed Indigo on Catalina for the first time. Initially I had the "developer can not be verified" issues but after correcting that I was still not able to Start the HomeKit Bridge device.

After enabling the debug logging for the HomeKit Bridge plugin it was obvious something was wrong with the HomeBridge configuration file. There were errors complaining about the username being incorrect. Turns out the username was blank - it should be the MAC address of your computer's network interface (all uppercase). I'm not sure if this is an issue with Catalina where the plugin isn't able to query the operating system for its MAC address (security restriction maybe?) or what is going on. Anyway you can manually provide the username.

To solve the problem you can put the username in the plugin configuration. It's hard to find but it's there.
-To find it, edit your "HomeKit Bridge" (whatever you named it) device from the main Indigo devices window.
-Click the Edit Device Settings... button which brings up the Configure HomeKit Accessory Server window.
-Change the Option Screen dropdown to "Server Parameters (Advanced)"
-Check the "Override automatic settings" checkbox
-You should now see the HB user, HB port, and HB callback fields. (For me HB user was blank)
-Paste your MAC address in the HB user field and make sure it's all uppercase.
-Save that.
-Try turning on the HomeKit Bridge device. Reload the plugin if you need to.

Hopefully that helps, it worked for me.

The configuration file is located here but it gets overwritten every time you load the plugin so don't bother adjusting the config file manually.
/Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7.4/Preferences/Plugins/com.eps.indigoplugin.homekit-bridge/1455158209/config.json
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 23.48.08.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 23.48.08.png (121.01 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 23.48.19.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 23.48.19.png (105.58 KiB) Viewed 3469 times

Posted on
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks - mine had a MAC listed but it was not for my current Indigo machine - I updated it and that cleared the error dialog. Then I had to delegate the server from apple home and rebuild everything. Thanks for getting me going on this - I use HomeKit with some actions to set home and away status for myself (since I take my phone when I leave home).

_______
Norm

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am
mundmc offline

Great call above on updating the MAC address; I just migrated my Indigo install and this was something I never would have noticed.

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:11 pm
shapa offline

Actually, the same fix is applicable in case of dual-interface setup (i.e. mac connected to multiple networks) - you will need to specify an exact mac address of the inerface.

Posted on
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:11 pm
wikner offline

I am having the same problem, but the above fixes don't work for me. Actually, I have never, in at least a year of trying, succeeded in getting this plugin to work, either in Catalina or in the previous OS. I am now running Indigo 7.5, and thought I'd give it another try. I reloaded the plugin, enabled it to run (getting through Apple's security settings) and have tried to follow the steps in this thread, but am prevented from doing so by the conditions shown below:

First I have successfully reinstalled the latest version of the plugin
Code: Select all
HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
   HomeKit Bridge                  Server 'Indigo_Homekit' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
   HomeKit Bridge                  HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

This forum won't let me upload all of the screenshots, so here is a link to them https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1cire6e5gc2zrf3/AAAnJSlSinENrBYi9_DjHzZQa?dl=0
The first screenshot shows that I have successfully created a HomeKit device in Indigo.
The second screenshot shows that I have configured the plugin with a couple of devices.
The third screenshot shows the standard server configuration. All I did was change it from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
The fourth screen shot shows the MAC address of my Indigo Server machine and the MAC address of the HB Server. The MAC address of the HB Server is unknown to me, and is not in the DHCP list of my router. I then copied the MAC address of my machine into this field (capitalizing to match formats). But I was then prevented from saving this change as shown in screenshots five and six.
The error dialog says to please turn off the server to make changes. If I turn off the Indigo server, there is then no user interface, so I can't change anything. If I just disable the plugin, then I can't access the dialog where I might make the change.
The .png files show what happens going through the steps of trying to connect on the iOS app. The spinning wheel of death goes on forever in the last shot.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Posted on
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:50 am
wikner offline

Well, that proved to be a problem with vocabulary. The error message says, "You cannot change the server port while the server is running. If you want to change the server port then please turn off the server first..." I was confused by this because:
    A) I did not change the server port in the dialog. I only changed the MAC address to match that of the Macintosh that the Indigo Server was running on.
    B) I did not realize that by "server" in the second sentence of the error dialog, the author actually meant the Indigo device.
So the steps I used to succeed were:
    1) Turn off the Indigo Device ("Indigo Homekit" in my case)
    2) Double-click on the Device to get the Edit Device Dialog
    3) Click on "Edit Device Settings" within that dialog
    4) In the "Configure Homekit Accessory Server" dialog that results, select "Server Parameters (Advanced)" from the first, "Option Screen" dropdown menu.
    5) Change the MAC address in the "HB User" field to match the MAC address of the computer that the Indigo Server is running on, all UPPER case.
    6) Click the Save button
    7) Read error messages in the Indigo Log:
    HomeKit Bridge Error HomeKit server 'Indigo Homekit' could not be started, please check the service logs for more information,
    now issuing a forced shutdown of the service to be safe.
    If you continue to have problems starting this server use the Advanced Plugin Actions menu option to rebuild the Homebridge folder.
    Instructions at https://github.com/Colorado4Wheeler/Hom ... dge-folder

8) Disable HomeKit Bridge from the Plugins Menu
    9) Enable HomeKit Bridge from the Plugins Menu
    10) See mostly happy messages in the Indigo Log:
    HomeKit Bridge Warning

#####################################################################
    # HOMEKIT BRIDGE HIDDEN ITEMS WARNING #
    # You have 0 Indigo item being hidden, you can manage these #
    # from the plugin menu. #

HomeKit Bridge Attempting to start 'Indigo Homekit'
    HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is running the latest version, no update needed
    HomeKit Bridge Server 'Indigo Homekit' has successfully started, you can use your HomeKit apps or Siri for this accessory
    HomeKit Bridge HomeKit Bridge is loaded and ready to use

11) Go to the Home App in iOS (the Macintosh Home App does not work for this, as there is no provision for adding accessories in the Mac App)
    12) Tap the "+" icon and select "Add Accessory"; tap through the "I Don't Have a Code or Cannot Scan" and "My Accessor Isn't Shown Here" buttons.
    13) In the resulting "Accessory Not Shown" dialog, under "Manual Code", tap the red "Enter code..." text, and enter "03145154"
    14) FINALLY! There it is in the iOS app, and you can go through the configuration steps to add the devices to home.

I would like to suggest that the plugin include code to look up proper MAC address so that the user doesn't have to do this.

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Espressomatic offline

I had a similar issue (everyone should in Catalina) - Gatekeeper won't allow the plugin to run without a developer signature. Not a big problem, open Security Prefs and allow it to run by clicking the button that appears there after first launching it. Same process for any app that generates a similar warning in MacOS.

The next issue was HomeKit Bridge Server stopping/exiting after starting. That was fixed by rebuilding its folder as instructed in the log.

Now everything appears to start/launch properly. All devices listed in HomeKit Bridge Server, no errors in the log, even when showing Debug messages I don't see anything out of the ordinary. There's a MAC-style number, HB USer ID, present in settings (but it's not a MAC address), and it isn't (and has never been) a match for the MAC address of my NIC. In fact it was one digit off from the number displayed in the wiki - and this isn't something I've ever touched.

All the devices still appear in Home on my iPhone, all my Macs and iCloud - none of them are reachable because there's no communication with the bridge server.

The only way I could possibly see to fix this (after reading the info in the wiki up and down) is to touch the HB User ID, remove the Bridge from Home and then re-add it and all the devices. This was easier than expected, for a couple of reasons. The first is that it doesn't require deleting or redoing any of the devices inside the Bridge on the Indigo side. The second is because Home (on the Apple side) didn't wipe out all the room names I'd previously created.

That said, I was using EVE to do this on iPhone which I find a bit nicer than Home in some respects. After adding the bridge it prompted me for every device one at a time, allowing me to rename it if needed and then select which room to place it in. Took just a few minutes and everything seems to be back to how it was when it was last working.

Page 1 of 1