Better email stopped working after upgrading Indigo to 7.4

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm
bjmouton offline

Better email stopped working after upgrading Indigo to 7.4

I was running BEM v7.2.4 with Indigo 7.3 and all was working just fine. Since upgrading to Indigo 7.4, BEM quit working. I upgraded BEM to v7.2.9 and that did not fix the problem. I've restarted the plugin with no success. I use the plugin only to send emails to my SMTP server and my server settings are correct. Indigo server OS is v10.14.6

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:49 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Better email stopped working after upgrading Indigo to 7

Better Email works just fine with Indigo 7.4. So whatever problem you're having is not specific to Indigo 7.4

I can't do anything without debug logs. Turn on debug level logging and send an email.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:13 pm
bjmouton offline

Below is text from log after manually triggering an event (four times)

Trigger Interface Failure
Better Email SMTP email Server: Sending email 'Indigo Interface Failure' to 'billy.mouton@cox.net'
Better Email SMTP email Server: Sending email 'Indigo Interface Failure' to 'billy.mouton@cox.net'

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

You need to go into the plugin configuration dialog and turn on debug logging.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 10.27.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 10.27.55 PM.png (54.8 KiB) Viewed 5683 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:51 pm
bjmouton offline

Here it is again...

Code: Select all
Jul 13, 2020 at 21:48:56
   Better Email Debug              validatePrefsConfigUi called
   Trigger                         Interface Failure
   Better Email Debug              sendEmailAction queueing message 'Indigo Interface Failure'
   Better Email Debug              SMTP email Server: SMTP poll, 1 items in queue
   Better Email                    SMTP email Server: Sending email 'Indigo Interface Failure' to 'billy.mouton@cox.net'
   Better Email Debug              sendEmailAction queueing message 'Indigo Interface Failure'
   Better Email                    SMTP email Server: Sending email 'Indigo Interface Failure' to 'billy.mouton@cox.net'

Jul 13, 2020 at 21:49:41
   Error                           email send connection failed
   Error                           email re-send scheduled in 10 minutes

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:57 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I see one error, and it looks like it retried that message. No errors on all the other messages. So why do you think it's not working?

Actually, I take that back. There's an error there, but it's not coming from the plugin. I think it's coming from Indigo's built in email sender.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 pm
bjmouton offline

I say it's not working because I'm not receiving emails. Was not getting error in log until I enabled debugging in plugin. Action is configured to Better email device.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 22.12.35.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 22.12.35.png (288.1 KiB) Viewed 5672 times

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:34 am
FlyingDiver offline

I'm not sure what to tell you. Those two lines don't have "Better Email" at the beginning, so they're not coming from the plugin. And I checked - the plugin does not have those text strings anywhere in the code. And they're not in the Python library that's actually connecting to the SMTP server (as best I can tell). Maybe Matt or Jay have some insight into where those two messages are coming from.

Maybe there's a clue in the plugin specific log. It's located at:
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Logs/com.flyingdiver.indigoplugin.betteremail/plugin.log

Can you zip up that file and either post it here or PM it to me?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:10 am
bjmouton offline

Here are the requested logs...

Thanks
Attachments
Archive.log
(8.33 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 am
FlyingDiver offline

Unfortunately, there's no new information in those logs. No errors detected by the plugin at all. Not even those two error messages in the main Indigo log.

I believe the emails are getting sent, but are not making it to your Inbox. Are you receiving other emails at that address? Have you checked the spam filter or junk folder?

Have you tried sending email from Indigo to a different email address?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 am
bjmouton offline

I changed it to a gmail account and it worked. I am not sure what happened to my cox account because it was working with it before and everything else with my cox account is OK, I will contact them. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Best regards,

Billy

Posted on
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Error email send connection failed
Error email re-send scheduled in 10 minutes

Those are coming from the built-in email function. You must still have an action or something that's using the built-in email vs the plugin.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 pm
bjmouton offline

I am trying to specify a different smtp email server to send emails from but can't seem to find where to make this change. I do not see any place in Better email plugin to do so, in Indigo preferences/email settings all fields are blank, but but emails are still going out & sender info indicates that it coming from an email that no longer exists.

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:57 am
FlyingDiver offline

bjmouton wrote:
I am trying to specify a different smtp email server to send emails from but can't seem to find where to make this change. I do not see any place in Better email plugin to do so, in Indigo preferences/email settings all fields are blank, but but emails are still going out & sender info indicates that it coming from an email that no longer exists.

To use a different SMTP server with Better Email, you need to create a new SMTP device. Or edit the existing one.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:32 am
bjmouton offline

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1