not sure how to use this plugin

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:05 am
Seeker offline

not sure how to use this plugin

i do not own any HomeKit devices. at one point i was using HomeKit buddy to control indigo devices (i still have a light showing up in my home app).

i read that HomeKit buddy is no longer being supported? so how do i use the bridge plugin with no HomeKit devices?

my basic goal would be to use siri (in Carplay) to control indigo devices (mostly z-wave) and execute action groups. is this possible?

I do have a couple of appletvs if that matters.

thanks

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:03 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: not sure how to use this plugin

The old Home Bridge Buddy (HBB) plugin is defunct. The new plugin is Home Kit Bridge (HKB). There's never been a "HomeKit Buddy".

HKB is still supported, I think, but the developer has been unavailable for a while due to work commitments. I expect he'll be back when he has time.

To use it, you create an HKB "Bridge" device, then you add Indigo devices to the bridge using the device configuration dialog. Once you've done that, you should be able to use Siri to configure them. You'll use the Home app to set up scenes or assign devices to rooms as needed.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:51 pm
Seeker offline

I got this working. The plugin installation was stuck with 'cannot install, unrecognized developer' message which was not visible, in the back. got it installed.

works great!

what is the best HomeKit device type to use for an indigo action group? currently using a switch on my test device, but the action group isn't really on or off, it is simply activated.

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Seeker wrote:
what is the best HomeKit device type to use for an indigo action group? currently using a switch on my test device, but the action group isn't really on or off, it is simply activated.

I use the "Stateless Programmable Switch" type for that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:33 am
DaveL17 offline

Joe's method is likely better than what I do which uses the Switch device type. I say "Turn On [Action]" I find this works well, if not a little awkward, but we don't use voice control that much.

Does a stateless switch still get activated with a "Turn On" command?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:51 am
Seeker offline

Stateless programmable switch seems to toggle. I have an action group for 'accent lights on' which i added to HomeKit labeled as 'accent lights'. telling siri 'accent lights' results in executing the action. siri responds with 'ok, accent lights is on'. repeating this and siri says 'ok, accent light is off'. it still works, but HomeKit seems to treat it as a toggle.

Page 1 of 1